SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Author of Shadow War booted off FOX for Comment

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Barbie2004
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 7:29 pm    Post subject: Author of Shadow War booted off FOX for Comment Reply with quote

The author of Shadow War was just on FOX. The premise of the book is that Bush is winning the "War on Terror" but it under the radar and press is not reporting.

He stated that the media should show pictures of the torture chambers that our troops had found in Faludjah to show us how brutal these "insurgents" are to the public, after all he went on, look at all the press our soldiers got with Abu Graib.

He then got booted, and the "anchor" said that FOX wouldn't show the pictures because they are too "graphic."

They sure don't mind showing pictures that would cast bad light on our troops, but to show pictures that supports their mission and the war, NOT A CHANCE! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Note: I will get the name of the "anchor" and edit post.

Keep a sharp eye folks, FOX can be as bad as MSM, although admittedly they did do better than MSM, but they are not totally "fair and balanced."

I just heard they were going to talk more about this. Will report back how they do.

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
Tobette
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fox has been showing their own video of the torture chambers with a reporter walking around bodies. It's not too graphic, though they warn that it is. It's not as bad as the videos of Sadaam's torture we viewed over and over. They must be pretty gorey. I think we've gotten so conditioned to it because of all the graphic scenes in the movies and video games. Maybe Fox will edit or blur the gore and put them out so the world can get the point. Sometimes visualizing the events is what it takes to convince the doubtful.
WSue
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you mean by "booted?"

Please continue to update us on this. Hubby is watching football and I can't get to FOX.

I learned much about the media during the swiftie battle. I feel the only way I can get anything near the truth these days is from conservative talk radio and some discovered blogs. Trouble is, folks like Rush, Sean, Boorst, etc. are just preaching to the choir. Others get their news from the MSM and never hear opposing postions.

Sue
Barbie2004
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are times that I believe a guest gets "booted" as I call it when they are not staying on the "party line."

In this case, I felt that the guest got cut short because he was making the case for the war in Iraq and the mission of the soldiers.

Here is is, someone who wrote a book on how Bush is winning the war, and Patty Ann Brown (that is her name) asks him what the next step in the war on Fallujah will be. This is not information that he would be privy to.

It is possible that I just happen to "miss it" but I didn't hear her ask the most obvious question: Explain how we are winning the war under the radar.

Then when he starts to explain how this is being done, he gets cut off, and then we go to the Peterson trial stuff. I find that very strange.

I have heard this author interviewed on the radio, although I can't remember what program he was on. This interview at FOX did not even scratch the surface of the information this man has about how we are winning the war "under the radar."

This "interview" at FOX with Patty Ann Brown was so shallow in comparison.

Maybe I am being overly sensitive, but I am still very upset that the MSM never gave the Swiftboat Veterans reasonable coverage, and in many cases, any coverage at all. Not to mention, no one has given Kerry's anti-american activities any coverage.

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
blue9t3
Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huh,you should come here to (appeaser land) Eugene Oregon, letters to the only paper are still harping on Abu----- If a meteor smashed into this town killing thousands, the next days headlines would be about the wrong war! Or that fr---- dead terrorist. Evil or Very Mad
muggedliberal
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I missed the segment, but the author of Shadow War is Richard Miniter.

~mugged~
rparrott21
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe they should just stick to showing Iraqi children flying kites and picking flowers...
four-niner delta
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw this interview and I heard the comment by the commentator that the videos would be too graphic to show. What Miniter actually said was he wanted the networks to show the videos that were CAPTURED from these slaughterhouses to show the pure evil we are dealing with. He mentioned Abu Graib and the commentator frowned. Miniter is a great writer and he tells it like it is. I have to get his book "Shadow War". The Fox is getting more and more like MSM everyday. It seems when a guest gets a little to close to telling the way it really is, the guest is cut off or they say they are pressed for time.
Mobile Riverine Force
A Co. 3/60 9th INF DIV
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
you should come here to (appeaser land) Eugene Oregon

Isn't that were many of the aging hippies landed? Wink

Overall, Fox was pretty neutral in coverage, but lately, they seem to be swinging pretty far to the left, except for Sean Hannity and when she guests, Anne Coulter.

I missed this interview, but it may come back on later, as they often repeat everything Saturday night.
srmorton
PO2

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barbie2004, I agree with you about most everything, but not about
this. I happened to see that segment and I did not get the impression
that he was "booted" due to any comment he may or may not have
made. It was just the end of the "segment". The one complaint I
have with FOX is that they follow the format of other channels on
their continuous news coverage - they only allow 5-10 minutes for
each guest. I have noticed just the opposite at times - when the
anchor seems to want to continue the segment and has no time
left. I have seen this author several times on several different FOX
shows and he has always been treated with respect.

I would like to remind all of the FOX critics that they were about the
only network that continued to have stories about the SVFT througout
the campaign - well after the MSM had pronounced the Swiftvets to be
liars. Brit and Sean in particular seemed determined to give the SVFT
a fair shake. Even BOR finally had John on his show. I am just so
thankful to have FOX news that I will take them as they are - warts
and all.

BTW, the Abu Graib photos were really pretty tame. I am certainly
not condoning the actions of the soldiers that were responsible, but
I think that the more they were publicized, the more many people
realized that their actions pale in comparison to the true atrocities
committed against America on 9/11, as well as those that were
committed in Iraq by Saddam and are still being committed by the
terrorists in Iraq today.
zinfella
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

srmorton wrote:
Barbie2004, I have seen this author several times on several different FOX
shows and he has always been treated with respect.

I would like to remind all of the FOX critics that they were about the
only network that continued to have stories about the SVFT througout
the campaign - well after the MSM had pronounced the Swiftvets to be
liars.

Bingo! Richard Miniter is a frequent guest on Fox, and has not been booted. Fox covered the Swiftees when the MSM wouldn't.
depotoo
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've noticed at times as well, that fox leans left, then leans aback right again. according to an article ia read the owner of fox is right leanign where as one of the management is left leaning, therefore, conflicts exist that push stories one way or the other at times. i think the owner gets wind of certain stories and puts a halt to it and others he feels will not hurt their over all view - therefore giving them the balance so both sides want to view them. (except for the far left)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: