SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I Need Help Please

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lexy
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 9:38 pm    Post subject: I Need Help Please Reply with quote

I am rebutting a letter in the Fayeteville Observer Times to this man....these two paragraphs especially.....please help me with facts..please post them to me.....also below the two I really want to dog him on is the full letter......
thank you
Lexy

****Here are the two I need the most help on*****
Adams offers the suggestion that despite the supposed "liberal" slant of the media, the real truth won out. He then trots out the oft-repeated falsehood that "Bush's military record was an open book but Kerry's was closed and is still closed."

Is Adams aware that as late as Thursday before Election Day, pages and pages of Bush's supposedly "lost" records were found in Texas by lawyers who had obtained a court order even though the Air National Guard's general had offered a sworn statement that there were no more records?

Was Adams aware that Kerry's complete official military record is, and has been for a year, posted on the Internet and is not, nor ever has been "closed" as he stated?
Here is his whole editorial...if you can help me on any of his facts to help my rebuttal Id appreciate it

Behind the 'facts' of Bush's victory

By Philip E. Williams
Roseboro

Aren't we blessed? Roy H. Adams Jr. ("Big Winners and Losers," Nov. Cool has explained to us that his man, George Bush, won because of "his stand on moral values."

Until I read that, I had assumed a simpler truth: Bush won because he got more votes. Now, I just feel sort of immoral.

If Bush won on moral values, as Adams argues, it would seem more likely that he won because of what people believed about Bush's moral values. But how does Adams make his case?

Adams offers the suggestion that despite the supposed "liberal" slant of the media, the real truth won out. He then trots out the oft-repeated falsehood that "Bush's military record was an open book but Kerry's was closed and is still closed."

Is Adams aware that as late as Thursday before Election Day, pages and pages of Bush's supposedly "lost" records were found in Texas by lawyers who had obtained a court order even though the Air National Guard's general had offered a sworn statement that there were no more records?

Was Adams aware that Kerry's complete official military record is, and has been for a year, posted on the Internet and is not, nor ever has been "closed" as he stated?

These "facts" cited by Adams seemed important to him when he wrote the article, but they just aren't true.

How have the "liberal" media slanted against Bush? By not covering the news conferences he doesn't have? Or by asking him embarrassing questions he ought to be able to answer but can't?

Does Adams begrudge the press for reporting how many of the Supreme Court justices on Bush's side in 2000 have children who have since been given jobs in Bush's administration? Is the press slanted to mention how Bush got 4,000 votes in Gahanna, Ohio, in a precinct with fewer than 800 registered voters?

Has the press been rude enough to ask what Bush can do about Darfur or North Korea? Has the press mentioned Cheney's old company Halliburton just a little too often?

And in what way have the "liberal" media held Bush accountable for the abuses at Guantanamo and Abu Ghraib?

How much attention have the media given to Bush's conviction for drunken driving and Cheney's two convictions for DUI? What have the media done to connect the now-indicted Ken Lay of Enron, a big Bush supporter, to the Bush administration's current energy policy?

I think the chief reason the "liberal" media bias claim is made is very simple indeed: People don't like what they hear - it makes them uneasy and doubtful. They would just rather not know these things.

The popularity of talk radio is plenty of proof - just listen how Rush, Hannity and O'Reilly all rudely berate, interrupt and hang up on anybody who is well-informed but does not agree with the party line.

As to the "527" money in the campaign, pro-Bush groups spent a little over $600 million and anti-Bush groups, $100 million less. The best bang for the buck: It was the "Swift Boat vets" ads, which ran only in a few states but got played over and over again on the "liberal" evening news. Those ads essentially called Kerry and his 10 other crew members liars - all of them, liars - because the people featured in the commercial (some of whom have recanted, and some now admit they were not even there) didn't remember anything happening or remembered it differently from Kerry's crew.

What a great chance for Kerry to have said: "I know politics is dirty, and I don't mind if you call me a liar; but don't call my crew members liars." Instead, he foolishly thought Bush was sufficiently moral to call off his dogs.

And what are these "traditional values" Adams thinks Bush embodies? Did I miss them over the last four years?

Nepotism? Carelessness? Excessive secrecy? Drunkenness? Mistreatment of prisoners? Laziness? Invasion under false pretenses? Violating international treaties? Incompetence in conducting military operations or incompetence in general? Playing politics within the military? Winning an election without regard to the truth on some very important matters?

Spending more money than we take in? Holding people without trial even after the Supreme Court says you can't? These are not my traditional values.

I don't contend, as some do, that Bush is evil. To me, he is just incompetent, uninformed and sloppy with his words.

I recognize that many people believe that Bush is the more "moral" candidate. Somewhere factored in is the suggestion that Kerry is a bit immoral.

For those people who really wanted to vote morally and supported Bush, like Adams: Is the truth important? And if it is, did it affect your vote? And are you willing to acknowledge that you may have supported Bush because of inaccurate or even dishonest information given out by him or by his supporters?

Sorry, Mr. Adams: I think our own ignorance had more to do with the election results than Bush's higher morality. The only mandate I saw from this election was a mandate to those who believe truth is important: You really need to spread the word because it's really dark out there.

Phillip Williams is a lawyer practicing in Roseboro.
Inatizzy
Former Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bush signed the Standard 180 form which authorizes release of ALL of his records. If they didn't ALL get released it's not his fault. He authorized them to be released. He can't help it if some bottom level bureaucrat can't find his butt with both hands and a set of reindeer horns.

HOWEVER, Kerry has NEVER signed a 180 form, he has NEVER authorized the release of ALL of his records and it's been stated many times in the press that there are still military records that have not been released.

Well, that's my 2 cents. Where's my 1.5 cents in change? Wink
Lexy
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hehehe thank you I will use that whole "quote"
worth way more than 2 cents Smile
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is an excellent writeup on Bush's Guard Service. Since links can go dead, I am posting the entire article. There are a number of other excellent articles if you search Google using "Bush Guard Service" or similar keywords.

http://www.americandaily.com/article/4807
Bush Guard Service, The True Story
By Gordon Bloyer (08/31/04)

This is the only place that you will get the full and true story of President Bush's Air National Guard service. There are no UNANSWERED questions. There are no missing records. He did not miss any meetings. The truth is known. You can find everything in this article, in other publications but none of the others are complete. You have to put them all together to get the full story. It

First, in answer to the charge that Bush was AWOL or missed meetings, George Bush was NEVER assigned to the Alabama Guard. This is a myth promoted by the "objective" media. Here is what really happened. Here is what the head of the Alabama Guard said.

Turnipseed states Bush was never ordered to report to the Alabama Air National Guard. He points out that Bush never transferred from the Texas Air National Guard to the Alabama Air National Guard. He remained in the Texas Guard during his stay in Alabama. This was confirmed by the Texas Guard. And Turnipseed added that Bush was never under his command or any other officer in the Alabama Guard.

Turnipseed added that Bush was informed of the drill schedule of the Alabama Guard as a courtesy so he could get credit for drills while in Alabama for his service record in the Texas Guard. There was no compulsory attendance. This was also confirmed by the Texas Guard.

This was reported in the Chicago Sun-Times and has never been picked up by any other news organization. Turnipseed then also added.

For Bush to be "AWOL" or "away without leave," he would have had to have been assigned to a unit and under its command.

For the liberals reading this, go back and read it again. You see, Bush did NOT miss any meetings. The whole argument is nonsense. He got permission from his commanding officer to go to Alabama and attend meetings as a courtesy so he could attend when he could. Another part of this attack is that no one saw Bush at the meetings he did attend. It was reported that Turnipseed never saw Bush. Read what was reported about that.

Turnipseed reversed gear after retired Lt. Col. John "Bill" Calhoun went public to say that not only did he remember Bush in Alabama, but that it was Turnipseed himself that introduced the two. Oops. And really...the media is completely asleep at the switch on this one. How many people that you saw a few times do you remember from 30 years ago?

Why didn't fellow pilots see Bush in Alabama? The planes being flown by the Alabama Guard were not the same as the F102 that Bush was trained on. Why would pilots see him if he was not flying? That is why Lt. Col. Calhoun came forward to say that was Bush was in his office for study and drill time. Remember he was not assigned to the unit, he did NOT have to be there.

The following is from a letter by Col. William Campenni Ret. published in the Washington Times.

There was one big exception to this abusive use of the Guard to avoid the draft, and that was for those who wanted to fly, as pilots or crew members. Because of the training required, signing up for this duty meant up to 2½ years of active duty for training alone, plus a high probability of mobilization. A fighter-pilot candidate selected by the Guard (such as Lt. Bush and me) would be spending the next two years on active duty going through basic training (six weeks), flight training (one year), survival training (two weeks) and combat crew training for his aircraft (six to nine months), followed by local checkout (up to three more months) before he was even deemed combat-ready. Because the draft was just two years, you sure weren't getting out of duty being an Air Guard pilot. If the unit to which you were going back was an F-100, you were mobilized for Vietnam. Avoiding service? Yeah, tell that to those guys. The Bush critics do not comprehend the dangers of fighter aviation at any time or place, in Vietnam or at home, when they say other such pilots were risking their lives or even dying while Lt. Bush was in Texas. Our Texas ANG unit lost several planes right there in Houston during Lt. Bush's tenure, with fatalities. Just strapping on one of those obsolescing F-102s was risking one's life.

Here is some information that the "objective" media avoids telling you. John Kerry joined the Navy Reserve, he did not JOIN the Navy. The Reserve was just like the National Guard. Kerry did NOT know he would be sent to Vietnam.

George Bush joined the Guard for a SIX-year term. If you are drafted, you only have to serve TWO years. Bush probably did not need to pull strings to get into a jet fighter unit. Jets required a greater time commitment than normal Guard postings. Pilots from the unit that he joined were being sent to Vietnam. All the publications that have researched this have concluded that there is NO evidence that he used any influence to get into the Guard. The liberal publications will say that there is no evidence, but it is still suspicious. That is a good journalistic standard? So, do you get it, Bush joined a unit that at the time was serving in Vietnam.

The following is research from aerospaceweb.org ........

Nevertheless, we have established that the F-102 was serving in combat in Vietnam at the time Bush enlisted to become an F-102 pilot. In fact, pilots from the 147th FIG of the Texas ANG were routinely rotated to Vietnam for combat duty under a program called "Palace Alert" from 1968 to 1970. Palace Alert was an Air Force program that sent qualified F-102 pilots from the ANG to bases in Europe or southeast Asia for periods of three to six months for frontline duty. Fred Bradley, a friend of Bush's who was also serving in the Texas ANG, reported that he and Bush inquired about participating in the Palace Alert program. However, the two were told by a superior, MAJ Maurice Udell, that they were not yet qualified since they were still in training and did not have the 500 hours of flight experience required. Furthermore, ANG veteran COL William Campenni, who was a fellow pilot in the 111th FIS at the time, told the Washington Times that Palace Alert was winding down and not accepting new applicants.

As he was completing training and being certified as a qualified F-102 pilot, Bush's squadron was a likely candidate to be rotated to Vietnam. However, the F-102 was built for a type of air combat that wasn't seen during that conflict, and the plane was withdrawn from southeast Asia in December 1969. The F-102 was instead returned to its primary role of providing air defense for the United States. In addition, the mission of Ellington AFB, where Bush was stationed, was also changing from air defense alert to training all F-102 pilots in the US for Air National Guard duty. Lt. Bush remained in the ANG as a certified F-102 pilot who participated in frequent drills and alerts through April of 1972. ... By this time, the 147th Fighter Wing was also beginning to transition from the F-102 to the F-101F, an updated version of the F-101B used primarily for air defense patrols. Furthermore, the war in Vietnam was nearing its end and the US was withdrawing its forces from the theater. Air Force personnel returning to the US created a glut of active-duty pilots, and there were not enough aircraft available to accommodate all of the qualified USAF and ANG pilots. Since USAF personnel had priority for the billets available, many of the Air National Guard pilots whose enlistments were nearly complete requested early release. The ANG was eager to fulfill these requests because there was not enough time to retrain F-102 pilots to operate new aircraft before their enlistments were up anyway. Bush was one of those forced out by the transition, and he was honorably discharged as a first lieutenant in October 1973, eight months before his six-year enlistment was complete. Bush had approximately 600 flight hours by the time he completed his military service.

The folks at aerospaceweb concluded.........

While Bush did not see combat in Vietnam, it is also obvious he was not seeking a way to avoid the risk of being sent to Vietnam. At the time he was training to be an F102 pilot, ANG units and that aircraft type were based in Vietnam.

In conclusion, there is no evidence Bush got special treatment to join the Guard. He did NOT miss any meetings, he was not assigned to the Alabama Guard. The reason the so called "objective" media holds on to this myth is that it lets them keep asking, where was Bush? The issue of his being grounded is also answered because he would no longer be flying since his plane was obsolete and he did not have enough Guard time left to train in a new jet. You don't need to report for a physical if you are not flying. Duh!

Kerry joined the Navy Reserve and did not expect to go to Vietnam. When Kerry did go to Vietnam the swift boats were not doing river patrols. They were doing coastal patrols and were not in much danger. That is when he volunteered to join the Swiftee's. The assignment of those boats was changed after he was accepted for the duty. Surprise, he got action and the rest is disputed history.

The information in this article was published in "George Magazine", "New York Times", "Washington Times", "Chicago Sun-Times", "Washington Post" and aerospaceweb.org.

Gordon Bloyer has been called a Renaissance man by Ronn Owens of KGO radio in San Francisco. Rush Limbaugh read from a letter by Gordon on his national radio show. President Ronald Reagan invited Gordon to the White House to thank him for his support. When Gordon speaks people listen. He has appeared on numerous radio and television shows. His letters and articles have been printed in many publications .

Send Feedback To Gordon Bloyer
http://www.americandaily.com/author/93#feedback

Last edited by TEWSPilot on Mon Nov 15, 2004 10:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lexy
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh thank you thank you Smile
hugz to all
Lexy
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...and then there are articles on Kerry and his Military Service. Here are a few.

Revealed: how 'war hero' Kerry tried to put off Vietnam military duty
By Charles Laurence in New York
(Filed: 07/03/2004)
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2004/03/07/wkerr07.xml&sSheet=/news/2004/03/07/ixnewstop.html

Senator John Kerry, the presumed Democratic presidential candidate who is trading on his Vietnam war record to campaign against President George W Bush, tried to defer his military service for a year, according to a newly rediscovered article in a Harvard University newspaper.

Senator Kerry on the campaign trail in Iowa:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/graphics/2004/03/07/wkerr07.jpeg

He wrote to his local recruitment board seeking permission to spend a further 12 months studying in Paris, after completing his degree course at Yale University in the mid-1960s.

The revelation appears to undercut Sen Kerry's carefully-cultivated image as a man who willingly served his country in a dangerous war - in supposed contrast to President Bush, who served in the Texas National Guard and thus avoided being sent to Vietnam.

The Harvard Crimson newspaper followed a youthful Mr Kerry in Boston as he campaigned for Congress for the first time in 1970. In the course of a lengthy article, "John Kerry: A Navy Dove Runs for Congress", published on February 18, the paper reported: "When he approached his draft board for permission to study for a year in Paris, the draft board refused and Kerry decided to enlist in the Navy."

http://www.thecrimson.com/article.aspx?ref=352185

Samuel Goldhaber, the article's author who is now a cardiologist attached to the Harvard School of Medicine, spent 11 hours trailing Mr Kerry and still remembers that the subject of the Paris deferment came up during long conversations about Vietnam.

"I stand by my story," he told The Telegraph. "It was a long time ago, and I was 19 at the time, so it is hard to remember every detail. But I do know this: at no point did Kerry contact either me or the Crimson to dispute anything I had written."

Sen Kerry's campaign headquarters in Washington refused an opportunity to deny the report. Despite repeated telephone calls from The Telegraph, a spokesman refused to comment. Another Democrat official said merely: "In Vietnam, John Kerry proved his patriotism beyond question. Everyone knows that."

A senior Republican strategist, who asked not to be named, said: "I've not heard this before. This undercuts Kerry's complaints about Bush and it continues to pose questions as to his credibility among ordinary Vietnam veterans."

He said it would fuel concerns over the way Sen Kerry made a name for himself by leading anti-war protests in Washington and Boston in the late 1960s and early 1970s after he had completed his service in the US Navy, even while his former comrades continued to fight and die.

A newly-published biography of Sen Kerry by Douglas Brinkley, A Tour of Duty, makes no mention of the requested deferment or planned year in Paris. At the time, it was still unclear just how long America would remain in Vietnam, and it might have seemed that a year's deferral of service could render enlistment unnecessary.

According to the Democratic Party's version of Sen Kerry's military history, he joined the Reserve Officer Training Corps at Harvard through eagerness to do his duty, and sailed with the Navy for combat as soon as he graduated in 1966.

Sen Kerry won a gallantry medal for his service as a gunboat captain on the Mekong Delta, and was honorably discharged with three "purple heart" medals after sustaining three wounds. He has consistently presented himself as a leader who argued against the war only after fulfilling his duty in the field. Supporters argue that his war record makes him a more trustworthy leader than President Bush, who served sporadically in the National Guard at home.

"This means that Kerry didn't jump into all that heroic service until he was pushed, and it is a very nice piece of information," said Lucianne Goldberg, a prominent Republican campaigner.

Republican strategists for President Bush were already investigating Sen Kerry's record of three wounds sustained in Vietnam. "We find that he had only one day off sick - with three wounds? What exactly were these wounds?" she asked.

Mr Goldhaber recalled that, during a day spent with Sen Kerry and one assistant during his congressional campaign, he had described his involvement, service and decision to oppose the war in great detail.

"I am not at all surprised that he wants to be president, because he exuded ambition from the word go," said Dr Goldhaber. "At the time, the idea that he tried to persuade the draft board to let him spend a year in Paris was just a detail."

A spokesman for the Bush-Cheney re-election campaign declined to comment.

==================
http://www.thecrimson.com/article.aspx?ref=352185

John Kerry: A Navy Dove Runs for Congress

By SAMUEL Z. GOLDHABER
Crimson Staff Writer

Citizens'Caucus To Meet Saturday

Hundreds of opponents to the Vietnam War will meet this coming Saturday in a Third District Citizens Caucus to choose a Democrat strong enough in the September primary to oust Philip J. Philbin (D-Mass.) from the Congressional seat he has held for 26 years. Philbin, whose District stretches from Fitchburg to Newton, is the second-ranking member on the House Armed Services Committee and many people consider the 71-year-old Congressman a hawk on Vietnam and an all-around conservative. Any resident of the Third District, including college students under 21, will be eligible to vote at the open caucus, which will be held at Concord Carlisle Regional High School.

The caucus will assign electoral votes to each city and town in the Third District, based on the latest population figures. Residents from each locality will meet in Concord and the candidate who gets the majority of each locality's votes will take all the city's or town's electoral votes. For example, I come from Waban, a village of Newton, which happens to be the most populous city in the District. If I'm the only delegate who shows up from Newton, all of Newton's electoral votes will go to the candidate of my choice.

The leading contenders for the caucus's nomination are Father Robert F. Drinan, dean of the Boston College Law School; Harrison Chandler Stevens, who ran as an Independent against Philbin in 1968 and enjoyed the support of many college volunteers; and John F. Kerry, who favors immediate withdrawal, and was the first Vietnam veteran to run for Congress with a dovish platform on the War.

Drinan, for the moment, is considered the favorite. He is well known in academic circles and at the age of 49 has mustered an impressive list of credentials. He is distinguished especially as the first priest to run for Congress since 1822.

Stevens, who would have to change his registration from Independent to Democrat in order to oppose Philbin in the September primary, is shied away from not only because he is not a Democrat, but also because he refused to endorse any Presidential candidate when he ran in 1968. Although Stevens had built up an impressive political machine, he has been assistant to the governor of Puerto Rico for the past year and returned to the District only two weeks ago.

Kerry has the most explicit stand against the Vietnam War and although his youth is a plus, the fact that he is a political unknown does not help him. Now 26, he was honorably discharged from the Navy last month but has been laying the groundwork for the race ever since November. Occasionally, Kerry makes obvious his recent return to civilian life and the Third Congressional District. When he came into the CRIMSON building last Friday, I introduced myself, saying I was from Waban.

"Waban, where's that?" he asked.

"It's in the District."

"W-O-B-O-N? Wobon? That's not in my District," he said.

"There's no such thing as Wobon. You must be thinking of Woburn. Anyway, I'm in Waban, a village of Newton, and certainly you've heard of Newton, haven't you?"

"So Waban's in Newton? Well, you learn something new every day," he said.

At Yale, Kerry was chairman of the Political Union and later, as Commencement speaker, urged the United States to withdraw from Vietnam and to scale down foreign military operations. And this was way back in 1966.

When he approached his draft board for permission to study for a year in Paris, the draft board refused and Kerry decided to enlist in the Navy. The Navy assigned him to the USS Gridley which between December 1966 and July 1968 saw four months of action off the Vietnam coast. In August through November, 1968, Kerry was trained to be the skipper of a patrol boat for Vietnamese rivers. For the next five months, until April of 1969, Kerry was the commanding Lieutenant of a patrol boat in the Mekong Delta. He was wounded slightly on three different occasions and received a Silver Star for bravery. His patrol boat took part in Operation Sealords, mostly scouting out Viet Cong villages and transporting South Vietnamese marines to various destinations up and down narrow rivers covered with heavy foliage on either side. One time Kerry was ordered to destroy a Viet Cong village but disobeyed orders and suggested that the Navy Command simply send in a Psychological Warfare team to be friend the villagers with food, hospital supplies, and better educational facilities.

Pulling Out

Immediate withdrawal from Vietnam, Kerry said, would take about seven months due to complex logistics problems. During that interval he would allow only "self-defense return of fire." "Logistic suport is now what Nixon is talking about leaving there and I don't want to see that. I don't think we should leave support troops there and I don't think we should give Vietnam any more than the foreign aid given any other one country." He does not feel there would be a massive slaughter of American, sympathizers once the United States pulled out.

In America, "everybody who's against the war is suddenly considered anti-American," Kerry said. "But I don't think they can turn to me and say I don't know what's going on or I'm a draft dodger." Referring to the House Armed Services Committee, chaired by L. Mendel Rivers (D-S.C.), Kerry said, "I want to go down to Washington and confront Medel Rivers, who never fought in a war.

"I as effectively as anyone else in the country, can address myself to the issue of Vietnam," Kerry said. "I'm very realistic, though. I'm just going to be one man adding to the work of men like Lowenstein."

Kerry is a pilot, and on October 14 and 15 he flew Ted Kennedy's advisor Adam Walinsky by private plane throughout the State of New York so that Walinsky could give speeches against the Vietnam War. But Kerry was smart enough not to put down "Moratorium" on the Navy signout sheet for that Tuesday and Wednesday. The following month, Kerry was sick and did not engage in the November moratorium activities.

He supports a volunteer Army, "if and only if we can create the controls for it. You're going to have to prepare for the possibility of a national emergency, however." Kerry said that the United Nations should have control over most of our foreign military operations. "I'm an internationalist. I'd like to see our troops dispersed through the world only at the directive of the United Nations."

On other issues, Kerry wants "to almost eliminate CIA activity. The CIA is fighting its own war in Laos and nobody seems to care." He also favors a negative income tax and keeping unemployment at a very low level, "even if it means selective economic controls."

Kerry's Background

"I have a somewhat Establishment background," Kerry admitted modestly. Kerry, whose family comes from Groton, attended Fessenden, a prestigious private school in West Newton, until he was old enough to go to St. Paul's. From there he went on to Yale where he majored in political science.

Kerry's interest in politics began in 1960, when John Kennedy was running for President. Kerry gave his first political speeches for JFK and at St. Paul's founded a political group, the John Winant Society. In the summer of 1962, Kerry worked for Ted Kennedy, who was then making his first Senate bid. "I wanted to see how the political machine works."

At Yale, Kerry was instrumental in organizing the demonstrations for giving tenure to philosophy professor Dick Bernstein, even though Bernstein had not done very much publishing. As President of the Political Union, Kerry met an impressive array of political figures and spent much of his time fighting for a new YPU building, which Yale eventually built.

Kerry's style can turn people off at first because he gives the initial impression of being too good to be true, of being just a little bit insincere. His preppiness might make you think he's a blueblood WASP, but Kerry is really a Roman Catholic. However, an afternoon on the campaign trail with Kerry leaves you with quite a different impression.

Out in Bolton, a town smaller than Waban, he went to a genuine Yankee house, built in 1740, I watched Kerry as he tried to convince four ladies to go to Saturday's caucus in Concord. While the ladies drank tea. Kerry stuck to his guns and told the women that most welfare recipients did deserve to be on the lists. He said Spiro Agnew was one of the poorer vice-presidents, not one of our great statesmen.

Because of Kerry's background, and his style which the ladies adored, he may have succeeded in charming them into driving out to Concord on Saturday. And four Kerry votes from Bolton would probably mean all of Bolton's electoral votes for Kerry.

What if Kerry loses at the caucus? "If it's a representative group," he said, "I'll support the candidate that comes out." He said he might campaign for Stevens, if Stevens wins the caucus's approval. Another idea of his is creating a national citizen's lobby which would be primarily educational and which "would be a new kind of interest group that will demand attention from the men who are legislating."

In the last month, Kerry has driven 4000 miles back and forth across the District. "I should be at law school," he said, "but the problems are too great to sit back and watch them go by."

======================

BY JAMES TARANTO
Wednesday, August 25, 2004 2:53 p.m. EDT

That '70s Show

"I called the media. . . . I said, 'If I take some crippled veterans down to the White House and we chain ourselves to the gates, will we get coverage?' 'Oh, yes, we will cover that.' "--John Kerry, testimony before the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, April 22, 1971

"Kerry is sending to Crawford former Sen. Max Cleland of Georgia, a frequent companion of Kerry's on the campaign trail and a fellow Vietnam War veteran who lost three limbs during the war. Cleland . . . will try to deliver a letter protesting the [Swift Boat Veterans for Truth] ads to [President] Bush at his heavily guarded ranch, Kerry aides said."--Reuters, Aug. 25, 2004

==========================

Revealed: how 'war hero' Kerry tried to put off Vietnam military duty
By Charles Laurence in New York
(Filed: 07/03/2004)
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2004/03/07/wkerr07.xml&sSheet=/news/2004/03/07/ixnewstop.html
(found it here)
http://www.e-thepeople.org/article/29974/view?viewtype

Another interesting site:
"Is this true about John Kerry's war record?"
http://www.uslegacies.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=527

More good posts -- some look very familiar
http://www.lt-smash.us/archives/002659.html

Last edited by TEWSPilot on Mon Nov 15, 2004 10:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
I B Squidly
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lexy,

I'm afraid you're wasting your time to take on this rug chewer's gibberish point by point.

You might point out that Tom Brokaw asked Kerry in an interview the last week of the campaign what he thought that comparisons of their military records indicated Bush had a higher IQ. Kerry essentially responded that that couldn't be known because, "My records are not public!"

Then ask him what other Democratic hearsay is really admissable.
Lexy
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh thank you again!!
I think I've got some good stuff now....I appreciate the help so much
Hugz
Lexy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lexy wrote:
oh thank you again!!
I think I've got some good stuff now....I appreciate the help so much
Hugz
Lexy

Hi Lexy. We like to help here. I think it is commendable you want to take this on. You do what you think is right.

As for me.....I do not take them on, tried that and I got know where. My advice, get a blog and nuke them there ASAP.

Good luck Lexy!!!!! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: