SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Shooting of Iraqi prisoner probed
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PC
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 5:14 am    Post subject: Buddies Reply with quote

His buddies are by his side.

Quote:
US Marines rally round comrade

US Marines have rallied round a comrade under investigation for killing a wounded Iraqi during the offensive in Fallujah, saying he was probably under combat stress in unpredictable circumstances.

Marines interviewed on Tuesday said they did not see the shooting as a scandal, rather the act of a comrade who faced intense pressure during the effort to quell the insurgency in the city.

"I can see why he would do it. He was probably running around being shot at for days on end in Fallujah. There should be an investigation but they should look into the circumstances," Lance Corporal Christopher Hanson said.

"I would have shot the insurgent too. Two shots to the head," Sergeant Nicholas Graham said.

"You can't trust these people. He should not be investigated. He did nothing wrong."

The military command launched an investigation after video footage showed the US Marine shooting a wounded and unarmed man in a mosque in the city on Saturday.

-Reuters
gleanerl
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me#1You#10 wrote:
ATACKM wrote:
There is no place for journalists in combat !

I'm not sure I agree. I think the embedded journalist concept can serve to highlight what we all know to be true about the VAST majority of our fighting forces. The real trick is to separate the "journalists" from the agendized propagandists. Just how you go about doing that appears to be worthy of investigation.

these journalists are getting a rude awakening as to what these marines/soldiers are going through.
even ol' kevin made note of it. almost as a disclaimer, to his report.
greg palkot, of foxnews, also made note of the 'mitigating' circumstances.
this marine was right.
and this story will fade.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still amazed to realize that the very people actively condemning this young Marine are also the very same ones who so recently lauded John "F"in Kerry's heroism for killing a wounded and fleeing VC some 35 years ago.
eXcel
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When the terrorists they are fighting are booby traping dead bodies and giving wounded people grenades to 'martyr' themselves, and playing dead until the marines get close, what else could he have done?

By fighting within a mosque the terrorist was already a war criminal, but no one seems to care about that. Why so much fuss over human garbage?
Poacher
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are sending our young men, emotionally charged into the most dangerous of situations and never expect them to to urr. Your boys and ours are confronting any enemy never the like seen before. These insurgents are not humane but represent the devil. That lad was faced with a possible life or death situation, one move from the insurgent could have killed him and all his mates. All those I have spoken to over here support his actions. Now protect him. Mrs Hassans killing in cold blood is for me a lesson for all of what these youngsters are facing.
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poacher, the contrast between an American Marine killing an insurgent who may have been hiding a gun or an explosive device and detonator and the cold blooded murder of a helpless woman by Islamic terrorists is quite stark. Perhaps next time the Marines sweep a mosque that is being used as a fortress by the terrorists, they should carry the camera and the fine folks from the media can go inside first and make the introductions. Please help spread the truth to your countrymen.

Further contrast the current situation with the fact that John Kerry was awarded a "Silver Star" medal for a more questionable act, but that scenario was not captured on film.
badbobusnret
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I would like to know is how Al-Jazeera got it so dam fast?

Couldn't this hot dog Sites have just took a deep breath and thought about it a minute before he hit transmit?

He's got a blog at

http://www.kevinsites.net/

His email is listed at the site. I asked him the same questions via email (no answer of course).

If you ask me he sounds like one of those empty GenX,adrenaline junkies with no concious...wonder how much extra he got paid..........
brotherofvietvet
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 6:51 pm    Post subject: Kevin Sites is the film correspondent Reply with quote

To: viewerservices@msnbc.com
Subject: Kevin Sites

It is apparent that Kevin Sites, the NBC pool correspondent acted totally in his own self-interest by “selling” the recent (one sided) footage of our Marine in Fallujah.

He should be brought up on treason charges. Write NBC and let them know!!
ProudbrotherofUSSoldier
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been having an argument on another board with someone who has called the Marine a Murderer and all US Troops in Iraq Terrorists.It's gotten to the point where I had to block out the board as I was becoming so angry my wall was paying the price.And the very sad thing is this person claims to be a Vet.

Ann Coulter
GM Strong
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me#1You#10 wrote:
ATACKM wrote:
There is no place for journalists in combat !

I'm not sure I agree. I think the embedded journalist concept can serve to highlight what we all know to be true about the VAST majority of our fighting forces. The real trick is to separate the "journalists" from the agendized propagandists. Just how you go about doing that appears to be worthy of investigation.

A guy on Hannity made the right suggestion yesterday. They should have had the "journalist" check out the suspect first. By they way, he was no POW, he was still a terrorist and the Marine had no idea if he was going to see a repeat of his previous day's experience. He did the thing that kept him and his buds safe .
TEWSPilot
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where's Geraldo Rivera when ya need him?
Debs
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

God bless all our brave marines - heroes all.

Very moving letter from a Marine - posted on Powerlineblog

http://powerlineblog.com/archives/008650.php

November 17, 2004
A Marine Writes Home

This is one story of many that people normally don't hear, and one that everyone does.
This is one most don't hear:
A young Marine and his cover man cautiously enter a room just recently filled with insurgents armed with Ak-47's and RPG's. There are three dead, another wailing in pain. The insurgent can be heard saying, "Mister, mister! Diktoor, diktoor(doctor)!" He is badly wounded, lying in a pool of his own blood. The Marine and his cover man slowly walk toward the injured man, scanning to make sure no enemies come from behind. In a split second, the pressure in the room greatly exceeds that of the outside, and the concussion seems to be felt before the blast is heard. Marines outside rush to the room, and look in horror as the dust gradually settles. The result is a room filled with the barely recognizable remains of the deceased, caused by an insurgent setting off several pounds of explosives.

The Marines' remains are gathered by teary eyed comrades, brothers in arms, and shipped home in a box. The families can only mourn over a casket and a picture of their loved one, a life cut short by someone who hid behind a white flag.

But no one hears these stories, except those who have lived to carry remains of a friend, and the families who loved the dead. No one hears this, so no one cares.

This is the story everyone hears:

A young Marine and his fire team cautiously enter a room just recently filled with insurgents armed with AK-47's and RPG's. There are three dead, another wailing in pain. The insugent can be heard saying, "Mister, mister! Diktoor, diktoor(doctor)!" He is badly wounded. Suddenly, he pulls from under his bloody clothes a grenade, without the pin. The explosion rocks the room, killing one Marine, wounding the others. The young Marine catches shrapnel in the face.

The next day, same Marine, same type of situation, a different story. The young Marine and his cover man enter a room with two wounded insurgents. One lies on the floor in puddle of blood, another against the wall. A reporter and his camera survey the wreckage inside, and in the background can be heard the voice of a Marine, "He's moving, he's moving!"

The pop of a rifle is heard, and the insurgent against the wall is now dead. Minutes, hours later, the scene is aired on national television, and the Marine is being held for commiting a war crime. Unlawful killing.

And now, another Marine has the possibility of being burned at the stake for protecting the life of his brethren. His family now wrings their hands in grief, tears streaming down their face. Brother, should I have been in your boots, i too would have done the same.

For those of you who don't know, we Marines, Band of Brothers, Jarheads, Leathernecks, etc., do not fight because we think it is right, or think
it is wrong. We are here for the man to our left, and the man to our right. We choose to give our lives so that the man or woman next to us can go home and see their husbands, wives, children, friends and families.

For those of you who sit on your couches in front of your television, and choose to condemn this man's actions, I have but one thing to say to you. Get out of your recliner, lace up my boots, pick up a rifle, leave your family behind and join me. See what I've seen, walk where I have walked. To those of you who support us, my sincerest gratitude. You keep us alive.

I am a Marine currently doing his second tour in Iraq. These are my opinions and mine alone. They do not represent those of the Marine Corps or of the US military, or any other.
DaveL
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to give Bill O'Reilly credit on this one...he is going to bat big time in defense of this soldier and taking the so called human rights organizations to task in furious debate! Bill is "making this story a personal mission and will make sure that Marine is treated fairly, that's the least we can do."
Quote:
BOR: "If I'm there, if you're there, we both do the same thing the Marine did...we DON'T need a trial, that is demoralizing to our troops, it's unfair to our troops, you've got to give the Marine the benefit of the doubt"
GM Strong
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Better a dead terrorist than a dead Marine or any other American serviceman.
wwIIvetsdaughter
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remind those who point to the "Genevea Convention" rules that it applies only to uniformed troops, not terrorists who behead, car-bomb, kidnap, torture and dismember those who do not abide by their cause. Evil or Very Mad I say well done Marine, you did what you had to do to protect your buddies and yourself! Semper Fie!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: