SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Garrison Keillor says Born Again Christians shouldn't vote
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sleeplessinseattle
LCDR

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jataylor11 wrote:
Sadly, most people associate the born again Christians with the TV evanglists ... their mistake. Most people who complain about the religious right don't even know people who fall into these categories.

Being a "born again", I feel tremendous sorrow for those who elect to forgo a meaningful relationship with God. I feel this sorrow the same way I can empathize with those who suffer from any of the afflictions I have suffered in the past. You know these people are hurting inside and missing out on a significant amount of joy in their lives.

Excellent points jataylor11...

True bigotry exists in America towards Christians and now toward evangelicals in particular...it's no different, really, than anti-semitism, except that it's "acceptable" in the elite leftist crowds whereas anti-semitism (generally) is not. Welcome to the land of the free and the home of the brave 2004...oh, we're still free yet, except for the OLM - which promotes this bigotry by their silence, complicity and downright cheerleading at times...and it's all so "acceptable."

The bigots would love nothing more than to brutishly push the targets of their bigotry out of the public square, eviscerating true democracy. What a farce they are to claim to be "liberal" in their view of liberty and then promote this sort of jackboot cultural bigotry...ironically, in this case, it is only conservatives who are liberal toward liberty! Conservatives just had a hugely liberal celebration of liberty, we celebrated mightily and relected George W. Bush while allowing 57 million plus other Americas to dissent from our views freely! But all the liberals can do in this country is moan and fret and talk about taking away our vote? Pathetic really. And...bigoted. Let's call a spade a spade with Mr. Keillor.

Of course a bigoted "joke" is no less bigotry - as someone else put it above, it's just plain rude (and bigoted!) Ha ha Garrison, you bigot, you've had funnier (and better) days.

Thanks W, Swifties, POWs & brave soldiers everywhere fighting for America and for freedom
The Balloon Artist
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GIaunt wrote:
Although GK is on NPR, I wonder how much of his audience are NOT libs... but in fact are born again....

That would be a hoot, if he insulted his own audience...

I find his "down home" humor usually pretty entertaining...

I heard it too and agree with above, but because of NPR's general slant they get none of my money.
tony54
PO2

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I often wonder what the left-wingers are smoking before they make stupid statements.
Within hours of each other, one idiot wants to take away the right to vote
from a segment of the population, another idiot (Linda Something) calls 53% of the AMERICAN voters "Hitlers".
I'm sure acts like these will win the White House for them in '08.

I say to them:
WE WON, YOU LOST, go home and take a couple prozaks!
scotty61
LCDR

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The lefties can get away with saying outrageous things because the are no consequences for it. Except for the occaisional outburst, like what happened to the Dixie Chicks, they generally get a pass. But imagine the tirade if Tom Selleck said the anti-gun nuts were "Hitlers".
Inatizzy
Former Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scotty61 wrote:
The lefties can get away with saying outrageous things because the are no consequences for it. Except for the occaisional outburst, like what happened to the Dixie Chicks, they generally get a pass. But imagine the tirade if Tom Selleck said the anti-gun nuts were "Hitlers".

These slimeballs may not hold each other responsible for their tirades, but you can be sure that "red" America WILL.....in the voting booth.

Elephants have very long memories. There WILL be consequences for what they are doing. They're just too stupid to see it now.

There will be another election in 2 years. I also predict a landslide for the Republicans in that one. The Dems are on a self destructive course, but just like the petulant children they are, all they do is whine "MINE MINE MINE", stick out their tongues and try to kick everybody in the shins. They are the political equivalent of a two year old having a temper tantrum.

Don't worry, in two more years we will send them to their rooms AGAIN.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: