SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

French Troops slaughter Ivory Coast Civilians (videos)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stop Hanoi John
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 4:28 am    Post subject: French Troops slaughter Ivory Coast Civilians (videos) Reply with quote

The FReepers are doing a good job picking this apart. I hope you will take the time to view the videos (about 10 min each). I suggest you copy the URL then use Windows Media Player, select 'File' then 'Open URL' to run the videos. They are about 100 meg d/l's otherwise. Using 'Open URL' it will run from the site, not d/l to your computer.

Why will the MSM innundate us for days with video of the Marine and his justified (IMO) shooting of a terrorist in a Mosque, but there is dead silence on these videos?

No Blood for Oil??? How about No Blood for Chocolat?

I don't think it is clear yet what caused the violence to erupt, both sides tell a different story. I see no signs of a threat to the French troops. It appears to be a large, peaceful protest. The events in question occurred Nov 9.

Freeper thread
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1284447/posts

Video showing graphic results of the slaughter
http://radioci.embaci.com/englishdownload/frenchsoldiersshootingcivilians2.mpg

Video showing the French military shooting the civilians
http://radioci.embaci.com/englishdownload/frenchsoldiershootingcivilians1.mpg
Marquis
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The French should not be there, I damn their imperialism! The French do not have a UN mandate, and they have acted without even having a plan to win the peace! Chirac, you idiot, you are no longer welcome in Canada, Germany, or Russia! And also, save the trees!!!!
USAFE5
PO2

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It took a while but I downloaded the video. I am waiting till tomorrow to watch it as I want to get some sleep tonight. I did watch a bit of it before deciding to download so I am prepared ( I think) to watch it.
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought twice before watching that - I probably should have skipped it. It's horrible.
Uisguex Jack
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am half way thru watching it.

I am angry, angry with Jacque Chirac 'la worm'.

Given a choice ......... this is disgusting.
scotty61
LCDR

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have read that there are some qualifiers to this ie, the photographer may have selectively pictured women while ignoring men and not a lot of proof of excactly who is firing the shoots. I admit that I did not have time to DL and view the video, but let us not become to quick to judge lest we become the same as those outraged over Sites' video.
Poacher
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well now. We haven't heard much of this in the UK. Wonder why? You can rest assured that there is something in this for the French otherwise that would have skittled out of there with trailing shirt tails. Whatever happens don't let the USA get involved, you have done enough of sorting out other peoples problems with no thanks. You even took the fight off them in Vietnam. Go well my friends.
Jerald L. Parsoneault
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder how well these same French troops would do in Fallujah where the insurgents are armed, willing to die, and shoot to kill.

Nalt
MrJapan
PO1

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanx for the links... I d/led and watched.

It's NOT for the faint of heart, the 1st 1 wasn't bad, but starting about the middle of the second, it goes downhill...

It didn't make me sick physically, but is sure as hell p*ssed me off and makes me sick that such a 'pacifist', whinebag, 'friendly' country would go and do something like this. This is the country that says that the US are bullies?!?! I didn't see a single African with a weapon, so is there a question on who fired the first shot?

I have met a few frenchies and french Canadians... and all of them, in my opnion, seemed like arrogant ***** (and pricketts). Sorry for being so blunt on a respectable site....

<I had typed more, but thought in the best interest of this site that I should delete the rest>
USAFE5
PO2

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Japan,

I have also applied that self censor technique. It does cut down on the complaints from admin

Laughing
MrJapan
PO1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

USAFE5 wrote:
Mr. Japan,

I have also applied that self censor technique. It does cut down on the complaints from admin

Laughing

and keep us from making an *ss out of ourselves... you know... that seems to be another big difference between 'us and them'.... The majority of us at least try to keep our senses, while the majority of them go ballistic at the smallest things, whether true or not.... go figure...

MJ
USAF66-70
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I wonder how well these same French troops would do in Fallujah where the insurgents are armed, willing to die, and shoot to kill.

I case y’all haven’t heard this one yet:

In times past, Britain and France were at war and during one battle the French captured an English major. A French general questioned the major and asked, "Why do you English officers all wear red coats?—The red material makes you easier targets for us to shoot at." The major replied that the English officers wear red coats so that if they are shot, the blood won't show and the men they are leading won't panic. And that’s why all French Army officers now wear brown pants.
sdmoel
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

USAF66-70 wrote:
Quote:

I case y’all haven’t heard this one yet:

In times past, Britain and France were at war and during one battle the French captured an English major. A French general questioned the major and asked, "Why do you English officers all wear red coats?—The red material makes you easier targets for us to shoot at." The major replied that the English officers wear red coats so that if they are shot, the blood won't show and the men they are leading won't panic. And that’s why all French Army officers now wear brown pants.

HAHAHAHA Laughing Laughing Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: