SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wilsonberger to go!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ASPB
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 7:41 am    Post subject: Wilsonberger to go! Reply with quote

Quote:
Kerry responded, informally and off camera: "Let me tell you, we've just begun to fight. We're going to keep pounding. These guys are the most crooked, you know, lying group I've ever seen."

I guess we now know who Kerry was talking about with this famous quote.

Two of his campaign foreign Policy advisors Joe Wilson and Sandy Berger.

"One charbroiled Wilsonberger to go, please. No Ketchup, I hate the smell."
coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry had an opportunity to take some high ground by defending the integrety of the commander & chief position with the Hollywood crowd. It will be interesting to see if he will show any leadership with this issue.

"Peace is our Profession"
Strategic Air Command - Motto

USAF 75-79 Security Police
ASPB

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A good read to be found at:

http://www.crushkerry.com/article-209--0-0.html

Quote:
So there you have it folks - John Kerry's National Security Team. A pants-stuffing pilferer, a paranoid, hysterical nut job and a tea-sipping fraud. There's 3 pair that no full house could beat. Feeling safer yet?

ASPB

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gray Lady Spins It Hard For Kerry, Berger

The New York Times reports on the resignation of Sandy Berger from John Kerry's presidential campaign following reports of the theft of documents from the National Archives. The Gray Lady's David Stout and Mark Glassman throw away any pretense at objectivity as they spin their article hard to port:

Quote:
Mr. Berger's mishandling of the documents, which were related to terrorism and which he took from the National Archives in preparation for his testimony before the 9/11 commission, seemed today to become a bigger problem for the Kerry campaign almost by the hour — and at the worst possible time, as Mr. Kerry is hoping to gain a big lift by next week's Democratic National Convention in Boston.

Mr. Berger, no stranger to the knees and elbows of Washington, apparently bowed to the political reality that "if you have to explain it, don't bother." ...

While Democrats had seemed inclined to give Mr. Berger the benefit of the doubt and accept his explanation that the incident with the documents was inadvertent, Republicans were decidedly less charitable.

Berger didn't "mishandle" anything -- if he took notes from classified documents out by hiding them in his clothing, he knowingly bypassed security protocols that at one time he shared responsibility for enforcing. If Berger took classified documents out from a secured facility into an unsecured environment, he committed a crime, as anyone who has undergone a security briefing for a clearance can tell you. Further, the issue has nothing to do with the "knees and elbows" of Republicans; it has to do with potentially criminal behavior by a senior member of the previous administrations' national-security team, and that in the middle of an investigation.

As I have made eminently clear throughout my postings over the last two days, everyone with a security clearance knows how to handle classified material. No one takes off with secret documents "inadvertently" and then destroys them "inadvertently". Hiding notes in one's clothing to avoid security review would be enough to face criminal charges for anyone working at a defense contractor, even at the lowest classification level. For a former NSA to claim he did it by mistake not only insults the intelligence, but it sets a terrible precedent for everyone who works hard at securing the nation's sensitive information.

If this is how the political appointees treat security procedures without any legal consequences, expect many more problems at lower ranks in the future. If this is how the New York Times treats national security, it only indicates their lack of seriousness and complete bias in their reporting.

Hattip: Captain's Corner
ASPB

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Breaking News!

Jul 20, 4:53 PM (ET)

By RON FOURNIER

WASHINGTON (AP) - Former national security adviser Sandy Berger, the subject of a criminal investigation over the disappearance of terrorism documents, stepped aside on Tuesday as an informal adviser to Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry.

"Mr. Berger does not want any issue surrounding the 9/11 commission to be used for partisan purposes. With that in mind he has decided to step aside as an informal adviser to the Kerry campaign until this matter is resolved," said Lanny Breuer, Berger's attorney.

The investigation had threatened to become a political problem for Kerry a week before his nominating convention in Boston in which he hopes to persuade voters that he is ready to be commander in chief. The cornerstone of Kerry's argument against Bush is that he used faulty intelligence and poor judgment in waging war against Iraq.

Berger, former President Clinton's national security adviser, is under criminal investigation by the Justice Department after highly classified terrorism documents disappeared while he was reviewing what should be turned over to the Sept. 11 commission.

Berger's home and office were searched earlier this year by FBI agents armed with warrants after the former Clinton adviser voluntarily returned some sensitive documents to the National Archives and admitted he also removed handwritten notes he had made while reviewing the sensitive documents.

However, some drafts of a sensitive after-action report on the Clinton administration's handling of al-Qaida terror threats during the December 1999 millennium celebration are still missing, officials and lawyers told The Associated Press.
War Dog
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry guys/gals. I don't buy that this was an innocent accident, an inervertant mistake, and all the other quaint terms I've heard to protect and defend Sandy Berger. This is a clear cut case of theft of prohibited documents and notes which is a federal crime on the felony level.

From what I understand from the stories I've read here on this site that are linked to, plus what they have said on TV and radio today, Berger just didn't do this once, but numerous times. He was spotted by officials actually stuffing documents and notes in his jacket, shirt, pants pockets, down his pants and in his socks on each visit.

This man does deserve prosecution to the fullest extent of the law, and if found guilty, should be sent to prison for as long as the law allows for this type crime. This just isn't a simple theft, but possibly theft of classified documents, violations of national security, obstruction of a congressional investigation, destruction of classified documents which hindered this investigation.

Oh, I realize that he brought some of the documents and notes back. Well, wasn't that a good criminal? But what happened to all the ones that are still missing? Where are they? Were they destroyed? Misplaced?

This wasn't an accident, in my opinion, and it seems the opinions of many others, this was done deliberately and on purpose! That planning itself is a federal crime, in addition to the many other laws Berger broke.

And what really ticks me off is that there are actually some out there that are defending this. Jeez, this man was caught red handed stealing sensitive confidential notes and documents not once, but numerous times, and there are people out there defending him, and proclaiming that he is totally innocent, it all was a simple mistake, and he really didn't mean to do it! Plus, they lament, he did bring back some of the stuff, didn't he?

Talk about a huge double standard! This is just another large example of that old Democratic/Liberal double standard! Note: I am not accusing all democrats and liberals of practicing that double standard. Just the same ones that keep defending former President Clinton, Senator Hillary Clinton, Senator Kerry, Senator Kennedy, etc..

If this had been a Republican and/or Conservative, or a member of the Bush Administration that did this, it would be all over the news, in every paper, on all radio stations. There would be mass protests demanding justice. Members of Congress on the Democratic side, and anti-Republican pundits all over this nation would be screaming from the tops of buildings and mountains for justice, mass investigations, witch hunts, resignations, prison time, etc...

Yet, with the mass media and the majority of the Democrats and Liberals, this is no big deal, business as usual, things the Bush Administration has done are far worse, etc., yada, yada, yada. All of us know the drill, don't we.

I can't wait till some of our resident liberals, democrats, free thinkers, progressive thinkers, and so on, start defending Sandy Berger, and trying their best to change the discussion to things that the President and his Administration have done. Like I said, the same old drill!

In fact, they are already spinning the facts! They are trying their best to turn this around and blame the Republicans for this coming out two days before the convention. A partisian attempt to divert attention away from the 911 commission report. A partisian attempt by the Republicans to draw attention away from the Democratic Convention, or to attack John Kerry and John Edwards.

Why can't these people just admit the truth that this man committed crimes in violation of federal law. That what he did was totally wrong, and against the law, and that he should be brought to justice? How blind are these people, or do they have that much hate in them?

I say, arrest Berger, and anyone and everyone that had anything to do with this, prosecute them, and if found guilty, put them in prison! Equal Justice for all!

Sandy Berger was on the news a few minutes ago, and had a press conference, and made a statement where he said that he made a simple mistake.

I'm sorry, a 'simple mistake'? This wasn't just a one time thing, but over and over again numerous times. No, it wasn't a 'simple mistake', but deliberate criminal action to steal classified documents to keep them from a congressional investigation to protect somebody in the Clinton Administration.

A 'simple mistake' is one that you make by accidently mixing a few documents and notes in with your binder, notebook, briefcase, papers, etc... And after you get home, you realize that, 'oops, I made a mistake, and you return them with an apology'. A 'simple mistake' is not one where you make several trips to this room and each time stuff notes and documents in your coat, shirt, pockets, down your pants, and in your socks.

That is a deliberate violation of numerous federal felony laws and statutes. Once could be a mistake, twice or more is a preplanned series of criminal acts!

If I go rob a federal bank, then turn around and bring back most of the money, and say, "Oops, I made a simple mistake", do you think the feds would let me go, and just chalk it up to an innocent mistake?

Friggin War Woof!

When cops need help, they call the K-9 unit."
Theresa Alwood
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come on War Dog...Don't we all stuff papers down our pants, shirts and socks instead of our briefcase? But we do know what will come out next. It will be A RIGHT WING CONSIPRACY!!!!

How can he honestly say that with a straight face. You know Mr. Berger has been in politics for a long time since he can do that. Remember the liberal motto: Deny, Deny Deny, if that doesn't work...then lie!

After all ole Arnie is being so insensative to those girly boys!!!! That sure is a lot nicer than what I would be calling them...LOL Sometimes you just have to laugh at the humor of it all, otherwise we would all go insane...and then we would leave the nuts loose! Laughing Shocked Very Happy Rolling Eyes
scotty61
LCDR

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The press used to watch closely who a presidential candidate surrounded himself with for staff. This was reasoned to be important because it gave insight into wether or not the candidate was making presidential level decisions. Kerry has had a congenital liar (Joe Wilson) and former national security advisor with a passion for shoving classified documents down his shorts (Sandy Berger) as two of his top foreign affairs advisors.

Had Bush made a blunder of this magnitude in 2000, the media would have crucified him. Look for the media in 2004 to ignore this aspect when applied to Kerry. But remember the media is not biased, just ask anybody who agrees with them.
coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a little suspicious of the timing of the story and that is the only ground I will give to the lefty's on this one.
I was only an E4 with a secret clearence, not top secret and we received extensive training on the handeling of sensitive documents. We were well advised that if we mis handled classified documents we would get a quick trip and an extented stay at Levenworth. Is a high ranking politicle leader held to a different standard? Lets watch & see.

Last edited by coldwarvet on Wed Jul 21, 2004 1:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
hist/student
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only questionible timing I sense is the upcoming release of 'The Mancurian Candidate'

Last edited by hist/student on Sat Jul 24, 2004 2:09 am; edited 1 time in total
scotty61
LCDR

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The questioning of timing is bogus. The information could come out anytime during the campaign and the charge could be leveled. They have lots of time to respond and deal with it. Are we to believe that they were totally in the dark about it until now? If they wanted to time this to the best advantage, they would have released it 2 days before the election when Kerry would not have time to respond. You know, like Gore did in 2000.

If the best response they can come up with is to question the timing, it must not look good for Berger. Since he has left the Kerry team look for the media to avoid connecting Berger to them.
coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The questioning of timing is bogus.
Good point Scotty. The dems could have taken some high ground by getting ahead of the story. They could have used it to demonstrate that Kerry has a back bone by having him come out with a chastisement.

hist/student
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

retracted

Last edited by hist/student on Sat Jul 24, 2004 2:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Marine4life
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who cares about the timing, yea they waited to release it so what. Kerry has taken several cheap shots much worse than this, at least this is the truth. Look at all the accusations that Kerry has made against Bush that are false. Kerry knew of this investigation months ago and should have dropped Berger then and could have avoided this embarassment. He stuck with him and now has to deal with it. I think that Kerry thought the Republicans were not going to break this at all. Kerry keeping Berger on just shows that we have been speaking the truth about his credibility all along. Semper Fi.
coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marine4life wrote:
I think that Kerry thought the Republicans were not going to break this at all. .
I wonder if thier also thinking this way about Kerry's VVAW days. They must be tossing and turning all night trying to figure a spin. Do you think that they wiil try and get out in front of the VVAW story? I couldn't believe it when they decided to make Kerry's war record a major theme of their convention.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: