SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Will O'Reilley replace DAN?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tony54
PO2

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 6:21 pm    Post subject: Will O'Reilley replace DAN? Reply with quote

For the past 6 months or so O'Reilley seems to have been drifting a little too far to the left IMHO. He still has not given credibility to the SBVFT.
I wonder if he was auditioning for Rather's spot all along?
He could name his own price darn near!
But he knows CBS wont tolerate anyone fair and balanced.
To quote him "WHAT SAY YOU?"
I B Squidly
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BOR certainly seems to have been posturing for the spot. His refusal to bash his 'fellow anchorman' was obsequious. Back handing the Swift Vets shows he has network level research skills.

I hope he gets the job so I can watch Tony Snow or Laura Ingraham in his slot.
USAFE5
PO2

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would vote for Laura or Tony too, or how about Ann Coulter, hmmmmmmmm
I stopped watching BOR months ago and Rather longer ago than that
(oops look at all those th's) Laughing
tony54
PO2

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony Snow would exell, Laura or Ann would be even better,
even some Democrat men would tune in just to see one of those beautiful girls!
A lot better than "The Lacy Peterson Show" (Greta)
USAFE5
PO2

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok then it's settled - we will bombard FOX to replace BOR with a Laura & Ann show (will be better than Sean and Alan). And they could take Greta's time too when they finally sentence that SOB Scott or sooner (pleaseeeeeeee)
I B Squidly
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fox would do better without BOR or Greta.

Fox hasn't made the best use of Snow and I don't know how much of that is his own preference.

Laura has a crack production staff. But, she's done TV before (on MSNBC)and says she doesn't care for it.

Ann? Seems to enjoy free agency and smartly avoids overexposure. I do think 15 rounds between her and Maureen Dowd could be the broadcast event of this or any season.
PhantomSgt
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 8:32 pm    Post subject: Pay Cut Reply with quote

BOR would have to take a pay cut to take the cBS gig. Profits from his online store at Fox outpace Rather's salary. He might do it as an Ego thing but I doubt it and his contract at Fox was just renewed.

I would look for someone to come up from the cBS affiliates to fill in for Rather while he takes some much needed rest. They will test these folks on-air to see viewer reaction. An outsider not tainted by the scandals at Black Rock.

Independent that leans right of center.
tony54
PO2

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1: BOR has said many times how much he respected Gunga-Dan. I think he respected the position more than he did the man.
2: CBS's prime news hour is sinking like the Titanic; they need some new blood in there to reverse the trend.
3: I don’t think BOR makes more than Dan, CBS has way more viewers in general than FOX, they can pay BOR anything he wants if they think he will get results.
4: They would gamble on him taking a good percentage of viewers from ABC, NBC and some of his FOX fans, and get their ratings to #1.
5: They see how his rating skyrocketed to #1 on cable in 5 years?

I think it just could happen.
PhantomSgt
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 9:25 pm    Post subject: Not happening Reply with quote

tony54 wrote:
1: BOR has said many times how much he respected Gunga-Dan. I think he respected the position more than he did the man.
2: CBS's prime news hour is sinking like the Titanic; they need some new blood in there to reverse the trend.
3: I don’t think BOR makes more than Dan, CBS has way more viewers in general than FOX, they can pay BOR anything he wants if they think he will get results.
4: They would gamble on him taking a good percentage of viewers from ABC, NBC and some of his FOX fans, and get their ratings to #1.
5: They see how his rating skyrocketed to #1 on cable in 5 years?

I think it just could happen.

O'Reilly's new Fox six year contract is worth $24M plus the profits from book plugs, web sites and online stores will push this over $35M to nearly 40M over six years.

For this to happen cBS would have to ante up at least $8M a year to equal O'Reilly's take over the next six years, give total production and editorial control to O'Reilly. On top of all that give up megabucks to buy out the contract of Fox's number one personality. It is not happening.

ThisQuality
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BOR hasn't been drifting to the left. He has always swayed back and forth depending on each individual issue. Of course it irks me whenever he takes a liberal position, but this has happened many times before even before the Iraq war started.
kman
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swap one pompous arse for another? Won't make any difference in our family's viewing habits. IMO, it'll be another self-congratulatory NE "bubble" liberal sitting in the Big Chair. ...And their ratings will stay in the toilet. These people's arrogance locks them in this destructive cycle--nyuck nyuck Very Happy .

Meanwhile, Dan is free to vomit his anti bush and “wouldn’t this be better if the government ran it?” nonsense on 60 Minutes pieces of schnizit.

Kurt
Bystander
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If BOR replaced Blather, I'd watch him even less than I do now. I watch him only when I know he has a guest on that I'm interested in seeing. He would be competing with Special Report on FOX and no way am I giving up Brit Hume, even when Brian Wilson or Jim Angle are substituting! I don't believe see-BS would give him the freedom he now has to 'bloviate.'
tony54
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watch him now occasionally ‘cause I only watch FOX, and if I watch TV at 8 PM, I have no choice. I don't do the alphabets except for football games.
I think Tony Snow would be much better at the 8 to 9 slot on FOX.
peter
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BOR = Dan Rather

The really are one and the same. It would be PERFECT for CBS to replace one discredited hack with another.

For BOR , it would be his dream come true - An Elitest member of the MSM.

Nobody should be watching BOR after his repeated trashing of the Swifties.

He is AS discusting as Rather.
PhantomSgt
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

peter wrote:
BOR = Dan Rather

The really are one and the same. It would be PERFECT for CBS to replace one discredited hack with another.

For BOR , it would be his dream come true - An Elitest member of the MSM.

Nobody should be watching BOR after his repeated trashing of the Swifties.

He is AS discusting as Rather.

O'Reilly spent many years as a reporter for liberal MSM before he became an entertainer. It is obvious he is a Independent moderate leaning towards liberal that didn't buy everything Bush has done or said, yet he personally voted for him in the end.

O'Reilly is a philanthropist of the first order, yet his fans know nothing of this as he doesn’t advertise the fact. He promotes his online shopping websites each show along with the available products and few viewers know most of the profits go directly to charities O’Reilly supports. The only one I have heard him personally endorse on the air is his support of returning Iraq Vets with disabilities. The entire profits of his online Christmas store will go to them. This alone puts him up a few notches in my book and displays his big Irish heart. Go ahead Peter order that O'Reilly hooded sweatshirt you know you've always wanted.

I’m glad Fox does not just put Cloned Conservative Hosts on the air (We have enough Christian hosts of broadcasts who fill that bill.) and balances out their broadcast with a variety of viewpoints. As much as I like Sean Hannity, I couldn’t stand 12 hours of cloned Sean’s recycling the same talking points all day long. I watch because Fox is fair and BALANCED. You can learn something from Greta, Alan and Geraldo on liberal viewpoints if you listen long enough.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: