SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dear Mr. O'Neill
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Becky
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GTA wrote:
well coldwar, i wish you the best in the cause...

i myself would not give someone who is already independantly wealthy money of my own to fight a legal battle...but then, i'm only 25 years old and just out of college..

There are probably others on this forum that could be considered
"idependantly" wealthy. You make the mistake in believing this
is about money. It is not, it is about character and those who have
it and those who don't. If there was a lawsuit against Kerry, I would
assume that it would not be brought by one person but a group
of individuals - class action comes to mind. Also, pro-bono comes
to mind...something I'm sure Kerry is very familiar with considering
that for him to get where he is today, he would have had to call
in a lot of favors.

Quote:
i feel that degradation of ANY vet is pathetic...my father served honorably in vietnam as well as my grandfathers in korea and ww2...
to asert that all vets are "baby killers" is also pathetic...

Not if the Vet deserved it...however, the problem is Kerry didn't
name a particular vet for crimes against humanity...he was all
inclusive...even including John F. Kerry....

Quote:
what i've always wanted to know, and hopefully you can spread some light on this subject for me, were there any vets charged with the things that kerry aluded to?

That's a troll question at best at worse shows your lack of
understanding, or would that be ignorance, of Vietnam and
post Vietnam. You don't need the Swifties or anyone on this
forum to give you the information, it's all out there for anyone
to research and draw their own conclusions. The people on this
forum have done their research or lived the events surrounding
Kerry's dishonor, which is why we support the swifties both
financially and morally...if you are still confused perhaps knowing
it's not about the money will help you.
join him, for then it costs nothing to be a
patriot.”
- Mark Twain
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GTA wrote:

to asert that all vets are "baby killers" is also pathetic...

what i've always wanted to know, and hopefully you can spread some light on this subject for me, were there any vets charged with the things that kerry aluded to?

I'll cut you some huss on this since you say you're only 25. Wink

Yes, of course there were vets charged with war crimes. The conclusion of the My Lai incident courts martial occurred just a couple of months short of John Kerry's testimony before Congress in Apr 1972, if I have my timeline straight. It's part of what lent legitimacy to Kerry's testimony - Kerry was saying that My Lai was SOP service-wide, which of course, is not and was never even close to truth.

Have you read all of Kerry's testimony from that day? Have you read "The New Soldier?" How about the Winter Soldier site? http://ice.he.net/~freepnet/kerry/ - there's more info there than you can absorb in several days' reading.

Whether or not you would care to contribute to a legal defense fund, should there be a need for one, is up to you. You do not have to be a financial contributor in order to participant, here.

What you do have to be is respectful of others' decisions to take part.

We have not been asked for help in this regard - I suspect this is at least in part because Kerry's threat to sue boils down to his usual bluster and bullsnit - making a legal defense fund unnecessary at this time. Should the need arise, however, there will be thousands who will be glad to help.

I don't know the condition of John O'Neill's finances, but I believe them to be irrelevant - why should one man be required to bear the financial burden that results from Swifts saving the country from four years of Kerry hell?

Last edited by Navy_Navy_Navy on Sun Nov 21, 2004 5:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
justamom
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started this thread and I have but ONE thing to say about the "money" comment:

I don't care if Mr. O'Neill is the wealthiest man on the face of the planet.

My family gives to support the efforts of Mr. O'Neill, these Vets, and the POW's because it makes us PROUD !

We are greatful to have the opportunity to SERVE, SUPPORT, AND HELP those that so bravely sacrificed so very, very much for us. Many of these men and women were my first born's age when they were CALLED - DRAFTED to serve their country. They didn't RUN. They didn't HIDE. They didn't come back when the coast was clear and get pardoned. THEY SERVED US - not a word, "country" - they served, fought, died for PEOPLE JUST LIKE ME AND MY FAMILY: their family; their friends; their neighbors; strangers; people they liked and people they didn't like.

We ARE proud to be a part of this effort! And we WILLbe here until it's over, really over. Writing letters, making phone calls, sending money, ANYTHING we can do - we are humbled.

Thank you all! and God Bless Every One of You Forever!!!!
GTA
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

becky, navy and justamom all point out excellent points....kudos to you....thank you three for giving me insight that I did not previously have..

Coldwar, it doesn't matter about my profile...It shouldn't measure my devotion to anything, this is the first time I chose to post anything, as I've frequented the site for months now...Don't ever question me...Just because I am 25 does mean I might be misinformed or perhaps naive to certain things, but does not mean you can talk down to me...

On that note, thank you all and have an outstanding weekend!
Respect to ALL....
coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GTA wrote:
becky, navy and justamom all point out excellent points....kudos to you....thank you three for giving me insight that I did not previously have..

Coldwar, it doesn't matter about my profile...It shouldn't measure my devotion to anything, this is the first time I chose to post anything, as I've frequented the site for months now...Don't ever question me...Just because I am 25 does mean I might be misinformed or perhaps naive to certain things, but does not mean you can talk down to me...

Respect to ALL....

GTA - You’re the one who brought up your support for Bush. I just followed up on your statement. Integrity is an important element in determining ones credibility.

CWV

"Peace is our Profession"
Strategic Air Command - Motto

USAF 75-79 Security Police
MarineBrat
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GTA wrote:
...Don't ever question me...

What?
gmez2001
PO3

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coldwarvet wrote:
HALT WHO GOES THEIR?

GTA wrote:
don't you think that mr. o'neill has enough money on his own without having to solicit donations from the forum?

look at whom his company is....i highly doubt they need any money from us...

I can not speak for all who are on this forum, but for me it is therapeutic to give a few dollars now and then for a cause I strongly believe in. And more importantly it sends a powerful message to the American people that thousands of ordinary Americans feel strongly enough about a cause that they collectively raise millions of dollars $5, $10, $20, $50, $100 at a time.

Just the the thought of Kerry at the 71 congressional hearings makes me want to pull out the checkbook for another FIGHT.
Nov 2nd was certainly Victory day for VietVets!!!
Stee
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just for the heck of it i went to the ** to look at the archive going back to the election to see what they thought of the swift boat vets and john o'neill and people it was scary, as scary as kerry. All I am going to add is thank god for men like Mr. O'neill and Navy Chief, and thank god that the message did make it to enough people to make a difference.l
Rurik
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GTA wrote:

Respect to ALL....

Your profile maybe doesn't matter. But if you are half as devoted as you claim...Where were you before November 2? These guys contributed, researched, and agitated for months before the election. And you show up 10 days after the battle, to start directing the mop-up operation. Rolling Eyes That and not your age is what gives us the right to talk down to you, that is if we can talk down far enough.
Altogether now friends, in a chorus:

Troll, troll, troll your boat
Brazenly down the stream
Necessarily warily, Kerryly
A Troll is what you seem.

Essayons!
Fight Build and Destroy
GTA
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you said:::

"But if you are half as devoted as you claim...Where were you before November 2? These guys contributed, researched, and agitated for months before the election. And you show up 10 days after the battle, to start directing the mop-up operation"

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? :?:

with all due respect, thats horses*@t :twisted: ....so basically because i posted something 10 days after the election makes me a troll? thats foolish thinking to say the least, and only in your eyes....where was i before november 2? i was out getting my fellow young americans registered and ready to vote and help w win! i was out trying to help people realize that john kerry was lying about vietnam veterans like my father who served honorably! thats what i was out doing before november 2nd. 8) ..sorry i dont' meet your "online standards"..haha...

again, with all due respect...if those are reasons to "talk down" to me, than they are pathetic at best..
streetsweeper95B
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 6:28 am    Post subject: GTA Reply with quote

GTA wrote:

Respect to ALL....

Before I set about commenting on this young man's reply, I want to let all of you know I indeed came aboard late. I'm part owner of a trucking company that has been providing logistical support or "troop movements" before, during and now after the elections are over.

It's been a heartbreaking ordeal for me because I know full well some of these troops whose equipment that I personally have hauled to their deployment point may not be coming home alive from "over there".

As each unit unloaded their equipment off our trucks, I told the men and women they would be added to my prayers for their safe return home. Many are active NG units and have left behind families and careers to go fight in Iraq.

One of those was a veteran CHP officer; he supervised the loading at his unit and admitted going to Iraq scared him far more than making a traffic stop at midnight on any highway in the state of California.

I caught the Swift Vet ads on TV at some of the truckstops. They astounded me! I had long forgotten about John F Kerry and his pals at VVAW!

Now then....young man er GTA? It's time....

"Coldwar, it doesn't matter about my profile...It shouldn't measure my devotion to anything, this is the first time I chose to post anything, as I've frequented the site for months now...Don't ever question me...Just because I am 25 does mean I might be misinformed or perhaps naive to certain things, but does not mean you can talk down to me..."

As it was pointed out; your voracious use of the vocabulary indicates that your far more than college educated. I do believe ol coldwarvet has you figured out, as I now do too. There's a wise and old saying; "Once a cop, always a cop".

You've brought the "cop" out in me with this; "as I've frequented the site for months now...Don't ever question me...".

Mistake one; You are trolling. That has been established by your statement. Re-read it sir. Mistake two; Betcha last hard earned dollar I'll question the crap out you or anyone else if I so feel the need. The tone of your reply to coldwarvet indicates to me that you're going be sorely disappointed to learn that I can, will and am going to question you.

It's that "once a cop" thingy in me....and I will gladly donate a part of my wages to John O'Neill or any of the Swift Vets or POW's that may encounter lawsuits from the Kerry camp!
Admin? edit this if you must!
Montana
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 12:09 am    Post subject: Re: GTA Reply with quote

streetsweeper95B wrote:
[quote="...and I will gladly donate a part of my wages to John O'Neill or any of the Swift Vets or POW's that may encounter lawsuits from the Kerry camp!!

I´ll be there right with you streetsweeper95B

Montana
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: