SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Our Hero on Television Again

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tom Poole
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 3:33 pm    Post subject: Our Hero on Television Again Reply with quote

I'm watching Arts & Entertainment television right now and wretching. They're rerunning the Poodle's Vietnam, VVAW and political history. Rassmann's repeating his lies, Brinkley's dragging out all the old false history, they claimed he was devastated by the loss of his best friend from Yale, etc. It's like reexperiencing the campaign lies. The only good part is I know how this movie ends. I hope collectively, we'll be strong enough to stave off the sequel which is sure to come.

At the very least, the Pershing family or a friend should write to Arts & Entertainment and demand that they stop the propaganda that stains their fine family name through simple association with Silky Pony. And all this on the anniversary of the WWII Battle of the Bulge!
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you Tom, I wish the Pershing family would demand that
Kerry's opportunistic lies not be repeated. For those of you who don't
know the story, I found the by Drjohn.

Posted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 2:55 pm Post subject: Kerry's imaginary friend Dick Pershing
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kerry's "Imaginary" Friend
By David Schlossberg
FrontPageMagazine.com | November 2, 2004

As a graduate of the Yale class of 1966, I resent the self-serving lies and misrepresentations advanced by my classmate John Kerry. Herewith, a few corrections:

John Kerry has been using the Pershing name to dramatize his Vietnam experience, claiming to have been a close friend of Richard Pershing, the grandson of General (Black Jack) Pershing. Richard Pershing was a member of the Yale class of 1966, and he was killed in Vietnam shortly after we graduated. However, Kerry's constant references to his 'dearest' friend are exaggerated and exploitative. In fact, Dick Pershing and I roomed together for all 4 years at Yale.

I don't remember John Kerry ever being in our room or even being a particular favorite of Dick's. In this regard, it is particularly revealing that a recent biography of General Pershing, Until The Last Trumpet Sounds (by Gene Smith), includes an entire chapter on Dick, primarily on his years at Yale; the name John Kerry does not appear.

The Pershing Family did know Kerry, but they disliked him intensely. This antipathy stemmed primarily from an incident at the Pershing home on Park Avenue not long after Dick's death: at a gathering of friends and family, Kerry worked the room with his anti-Vietnam message, incurring the undying enmity of Mr. and Mrs. Pershing and Dick's older brother Jack, a Green Beret. The family was shocked and insulted by Kerry's insensitivity.

Kerry has implied - as recently as the first Presidential debate – that he became disillusioned about Vietnam by his military experience. However, as early as 1965, in his Junior year at Yale, he was giving anti-war speeches; and his Class Day Oration in 1966 - prior to graduation - criticized American involvement in Vietnam. These sentiments clearly antedated his Vietnam experience. So why did he join the Navy? He told some classmates that it would help his career.

The above pattern suggests a callous and opportunistic personality -- hardly what I would call Presidential.

Dave Schlossberg, MD
Yale '66

http://frontpagemagazine.com/Articles/ReadArticle.asp?ID=15744

coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Mr. Schlossberg for taking the time to set the story straight one more time. I wish somehow your testimony could find its way out to the public.

CWV

"Peace is our Profession"
Strategic Air Command - Motto

USAF 75-79 Security Police
Mooncusser
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no limit on how low Kerry will go to promote himself. He uses the tragic and excruciatingly hurt to the family of a real hero for his own personal grandiosment.

He is a genuine parasite, wasting no opportunity, no matter how base, for self promotion.

I actually won the election before I lost it.

"It is a good day to fight! It is a good day to die! Strong hearts, brave hearts to the front! Weak hearts and cowards to the rear!" (Crazy Horse)
coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We will add this story to our war chest for when Kerry runs for office again. I think the MSM spent more political capital then it wanted, providing cover for Kerry in 04. Now that Bush has won re-election Senator Kerry is pretty much left to defend himself.

CWV

streetsweeper95B
PO2

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 10:32 pm    Post subject: A&E movie Reply with quote

Sat & watched a little bit of it in Ely Nev at a truckstop with some people. I asked if they knew anything about John Kerry. An older couple replied "Yes, he was a war hero".

I asked if they had family that had internet access. They said "Yes", I gave them wintersoldier, swiftvet & kerrylied web site addys. The man told me, "But he got the bronze medal".

Then he asked if I was a vet. "Yes Vietnam Era but I am still a vet". He asked about my duty, "Military Police". "I will check this out when we get to our sons home", he answered putting that piece of paper in his shirt pocket. Laughing
coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Job well done streetsweeper95B. We got alot of work ahead of us to get the truth out. Thanks for doing your part.

CWV

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: