SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Staples-Sinclair Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom Poole wrote:
I don't know if they recanted because of the noise or if they're telling the truth. In any event, Staples and Sinclair are doing business again.

Staples Web Site wrote:
Statement about Staples media buying and Sinclair Broadcasting
To clarify that Staples does not have a policy against advertising on Sinclair Broadcasting news, Staples has the following statement:

Our media buying process with Sinclair Broadcasting stations has recently been misrepresented by an organization with no affiliation to Staples. Staples regularly drops and adds specific programs from our media buying schedule, as we evaluate and adjust how to best reach our customers. We do not let political agendas drive our media buying decisions. Staples does not support any political party. We advertise with a variety of media outlets, but do not necessarily share the same views of these organizations or what they report. As we have done for a number of years, Staples will continue to advertise on Sinclair Broadcasting stations. Staples Misrepresented

Thank you Protest Warriors, when I spoke to the customer relations person (Megan) at Staples I asked her to think about the tens of thousands of POW flags that have dotted our nation for the past 30 years and then I asked her to think about the millions of veterans who fly those flags. And then I asked her to think about what kind of impact it will have on Staples when those flags show up at the door step of every Staples store. I also told her to go to the Protest Warrior web site along with the Swift Vet and POW for truth site and explained to her we have the infrastructure in place to get all those POW flags to your door steps. She was very understanding and receptive to my comments I do not know if my conversation with Megan had anything to do with the statement that Staples came out with however, I got to think the imagery of all these POW flags marching across the entry way of their stores along with the infrastructure the Protest Warriors have built might have something to do with an adjusted attitude. It is amazing what you guys have accomplished in such a short period of time.

CWV

"Peace is our Profession"
Strategic Air Command - Motto

USAF 75-79 Security Police
Fighter Cat
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 2:32 am    Post subject: Staples has Outsourced Many jobs to Canada Reply with quote

If a company can't back our military than I can't back them.

They have also outsourced many of their customer service
jobs to Canadians.

Office Depot will give free delivery for orders of $50 or more and Office Depot has set up discount rates for non-profits that far outpace Staples.

I will close our company account with Staples.

Shocked
coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reply email sent to Staples

Then why hasn't Staples forced MoveOn.org to stop taking credit for getting Staples to change its advertising decisions? Words are one thing but it is your actions that reflect the reality of your decision. We are watching your actions with our POW flags in hand ready to descend upon your store locations across the United States that us veterans honorably defended.

CWV

"Peace is our Profession"
Strategic Air Command - Motto

USAF 75-79 Security Police
ILUVTHEUSA
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWV said:
Quote:
Then why hasn't Staples forced MoveOn.org to stop taking credit for getting Staples to change its advertising decisions?

CWV,
I was wondering the same thing. I wrote the following email to Broadcasting and Cable:

Quote:
Hello:
I read the column http://www.broadcastingcable.com/article/CA491503.html?display=Breaking+News&referral=SUPP , entitled, "Stapes Shuns Sinclair News", by John Eggerton, on 1/4/05.

As this troubled me greatly, I went to www.staples.com and read their latest press release

http://www.corporate-ir.net/ireye/ir_site.zhtml?ticker=PR_96244&script=410&layout=-6&item_id=660052

which is as follows:

Quote:
Corporate Information / Investor Information / Investor Relations
Staples, Inc. (ticker: PR_96244, exchange: Privately Held) News Release - 1/6/2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Statement about Staples media buying and Sinclair Broadcast Group

FRAMINGHAM, Mass.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Jan. 6, 2005--To clarify that Staples does not have a policy against advertising on Sinclair Broadcast Group news, Staples has the following statement:

Our media buying process with Sinclair Broadcast Group stations has recently been misrepresented by an organization with no affiliation to Staples. Staples regularly drops and adds specific programs from our media buying schedule, as we evaluate and adjust how to best reach our customers. We do not let political agendas drive our media buying decisions.

Staples does not support any political party. We advertise with a variety of media outlets, but do not necessarily share the same views of these organizations or what they report. As we have done for a number of years, Staples will continue to advertise on Sinclair Broadcast Group stations.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would think that you, Broadcasting and Cable, would like to give an update about this to your readers. I also feel that www.sinclairaction.com has mislead people into erroneously believing that Staples has bent to the will of this group { www.sinclairaction.com } with THEIR press release on 1/4/05:

Quote:
For Immediate Release Contact: Melissa Salmanowitz
(202) 756-4109
MSalmanowitz@mediamatters.org

SinclairAction.com praises Staples, Inc. for not renewing advertising on local Sinclair Broadcast Group stations
January 4, 2005 (Washington, DC) -- Media Matters for America today announced that Staples, Inc. will no longer advertise on local news programming on Sinclair Broadcast Group TV stations nationwide. Citing an effort to be responsive to customer concerns about Sinclair's injection of partisan conservative politics into its nightly newscasts, Staples, Inc. attributed its decision in part to the response the company received from customers visiting the SinclairAction.com website.

On December 14, Media Matters for America -- supported by MoveOn.org, MediaChannel, Working Assets, Robert Greenwald (director of the film Outfoxed), Campaign for America's Future, Free Press, and AlterNet -- launched the SinclairAction.com site as part of a nationwide campaign to expose the conservative slant of Sinclair's television news programming. The groups have focused their protest on Sinclair's airing of "The Point," a daily conservative news commentary read by Sinclair vice president Mark Hyman, while providing no opportunity for progressive counterpoints. The groups asked activists to contact advertisers on the 62 TV stations Sinclair owns or operates to enlist them in the campaign to get Sinclair to provide balance to "The Point."

On the heels of the www.SinclairAction.com nationwide campaign, the website has recorded more than 113,000 visitors and approximately 36,200 emails sent to advertisers.

Staples, Inc. recently replied via email to consumers who registered concerns about Sinclair newscasts, stating: "As a result of Staples' ongoing review of its advertising media buy activity, Staples will no longer be airing advertising on any Sinclair station's local news programs as of Jan 10, 2005."

"As stewards of the public airwaves, Sinclair Broadcast Group has a responsibility to provide balanced programming," said David Brock, President and CEO of Media Matters for America. "We applaud Staples' action, which gives a big boost to our effort to encourage Sinclair to provide balanced coverage."

# # #

It seems to me that SOMEONE is not telling the truth. Who is it?

I would like to see this really cleared up. It just makes me so mad to see these "news" sites writing whatever they want without any real verification.
~ILuvTheUsa
Slednfool
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Captain Ed has a good rundown of the situation.
http://www.captainsquartersblog.com/mt/archives/003485.php
deedee
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 4:32 am    Post subject: Re: staples Reply with quote

minnie presley wrote:
I shop at staples because I live in a small community 50 miles out of albuquerque, and their is a staples, halfway, just sent e-mail will not be shopping there in the future will wait till I go to town and shop at office depot and costco, also I think this info should be forwarded to hannity and rush

Costco???? Check their record, they are as left-wing as you can get & HUGE Kerry supporters. An interesting site I use (in reverse of course!) is buyblue.org though their list is down at the moment. Someone needs to put up veteran friendly list!
Tom Poole
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deedee wrote:
...Someone needs to put up veteran friendly list!

Smack on target. I can't remember all the BM (bluestate moonbat) businesses but I could check a short list and develop habits to shop there. On the other hand, being on such a list would be sought by many businesses and moderators would have their hands full keeping imposters out.
deedee
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom Poole wrote:
On the other hand, being on such a list would be sought by many businesses and moderators would have their hands full keeping imposters out.

I help maintain my husband's old unit's site and have my own business sites (PX type stores) I work mostly for veterans and thought about making this list . I am afraid of anyone viewing me as trying to "take advantage" so I don't market myself well! I do put up sites or a page or two on my own domain for any veteran to promote their own business, just a way I am able to show my appreciation for their service and I support veteran owned businesses whenever possible.

If anyone wants to take this on, I'll help (or I could attempt it but would need help!) Maybe a list already exist and I just haven't run across it yet.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: