SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Muslims Back Kerry

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ASPB
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 3:44 pm    Post subject: Muslims Back Kerry Reply with quote

Muslims Back Kerry

By Cliff Kincaid | July 27, 2004 The prospect of big money being spent abroad could buy some crucial votes for Kerry here in the U.S.

It wasn't front-page news, but John Kerry got some significant backing recently. The Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) reported that 54 percent of eligible Muslim voters said they would vote for Kerry, while 26 percent favored Nader. The survey results were covered by CNSNews.com, UPI wire service, and newspapers as far away as India. But the major media in the U.S. did not report the results, perhaps because they are potentially embarrassing to Kerry.

Fifty-five percent of these respondents said they voted for President Bush in the 2000 election. So why have they bailed on Bush? Why do they dislike Bush after liberating Afghanistan and Iraq? It would appear that these American Muslims do not appreciate a U.S. foreign policy of freedom and democracy in the Middle East. Speakers at the CAIR event to release the survey included Nader himself, former Iraq Chief of Mission Edward Peck, as well as representatives from the Muslim Public Affairs Council and the Council for the National Interest.

Kari Huss of MSNBC did a fascinating story on anti-Bush sentiment in the Arab-American community. Referring to CAIR's voter registration campaign, she reported, "To the extent that the get-out-the-Muslim-vote effort succeeds, it will largely benefit the Democrats because it is energized by anger over the Bush administration's Patriot Act and what is perceived as an anti-Muslim bias behind the Iraq war and Israeli-Palestinian policy."

In April, pollster John Zogby noted that a survey of Arab-American voters in four critical states—Florida, Michigan, Ohio and Pennsylvania—found that only 30 percent approved of Bush's job performance. The same figure would vote for Bush for president, with Kerry getting 49 percent of the Arab-American vote.

Writing in the Dallas Morning News, William McKenzie said that his discussions with local Muslims found that, "It doesn't matter that the president has gone out of his way to say the war against terror is not a fight against Islam. The battle against terrorism feels that way to this group." He added, "After an hour of listening, it was no surprise to learn very few of these registered voters plan to support the President. The administration could dismiss this as an unscientific group. But their preferences track an April Zogby poll in the four states with the greatest Muslim populations."

In a pitch for Muslim votes, it is reported that a draft of the Democratic Party platform, to be presented at the party's convention, calls for the development of a new American strategy for "public diplomacy" in the Arab and Muslim worlds to alleviate distrust of America. Congressional Democrats backing Kerry have released a 90-page document that includes a "Marshall Plan" for the Middle East "to create a middle class and a regional common market," a $10 billion "global alliance for improving education for Arab children," and a $200 billion "Renaissance Partnership" for the Arabs in the Middle East. The U.S. would put up $100 billion for this. The prospect of big money being spent abroad could buy some crucial votes for Kerry here in the U.S.

Cliff Kincaid is the Editor of the AIM Report and can be reached at editor@aim.org.
Tony
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How's that for gratitude! Don't really care much about a Marshall Plan for the Middle East - but hey - if it makes my world safer.... I just know that since the Reagan years and even before, certain elements of the Muslim community (i.e. the terrorists) have waged war against the US for our support of Israel (not that they care much about Palestinians) and our support of Freedom and Democracy. All scary concepts to face up to when you are an Islamic thug ruler that hides under a religious cloak and rules by fear and intimidation.

Over the years, these thugs have attacked us repeatedly (embassies, barracks, hostages, the Cole, etc...), culminating in 9/11. Previous administrations (from both parties) responded either weakly or not at all and we see where that strategy got us. We finally have a President who has decided to take a different approach by taking the war to them and fighting it on our terms (always a sound military strategy), so it's not overly surprising that the more moderate Muslims (many of whom are apologists for the terrorists) are supporting the other guy.

Kind of like Kerry and his buddies cozying up to the Communists back in the day. We know how that war ended (I'm speaking of the Cold War, of course) and this current war will end the same way - with freedom and truth overcoming tyranny and deceit. I think Kerry should make a campaign commercial featuring his endorsement by Al Queda and Hezbollah. John Kerry...the candidate preferred by 10 out 10 terrorists and more moderate Muslims as well!

http://tonyk.smugmug.com/photos/1822816-L-1.jpg
USN 1983-1992
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hahahahahahah!

Just what I'd want - an endorsement from CAIR! Rolling Eyes

NOT!!!!

It coordinates nicely with the endorsement from the American Communist Party, though, don't it?

Very Happy
Doc Jerry
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Considering Kerry received the endorsement of the American Communist Party several weeks ago and the leader of the Sandanistas this past week, it appears Kerry is in good company now with Muslims too. No wonder he didn't want to tell us what foreign leaders privately told him they prefer him to Bush. We'll probably see Castro come out for Kerry too. It's just a matter of time.

Go Air Force!!! Medics, we're there when you need us.
Indianbaboon
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

corroborating info:

from that little guantanamo bay counterprotest I was in. We had teh hezbollah mission statement up on a poster, and under it were the words "do you really want this in our country?"

A muslim girl came up to us and said "don't you think that's a tad anti muslim?" So, of course we said "well, we thought it was just anti hezbollah, but if that quote is an illustration of mainstream muslim views perhaps we should be anti muslim"

I'm sick of ethnicity coming into politics at all.

you come to america, be american and shut the hell up. I'll always have an allegiance to India, and have what amounts to a dual-citizenship, but if (and I seriously doubt it ever would) what the US is doing there pisses me off, i'll simply move back to my country.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: