SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DNC

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marine4life
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 12:30 am    Post subject: DNC Reply with quote

Wow they just don't get it. Michael Moore gets an award at the convention for F911. This even after Dashle and others have tried to distance themselves from him. I guess their distance is a front and this shows the true democratic party. And Jimmy Carter dogging Bush, well I suggest that he look in the mirror if he wants to see a true failure militarily. Even though F911 has fallen out of sight already they still put mikey up on a pedistal as there representitive. They should have ran him on the ticket, at least we know where he stands. Kerry's beliefs change daily depending who he is talking to. Semper Fi.
coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are they just this stupid? Or has the populous moved so far left that an affiliation with Moore is more of a benefit then a detriment to them. I like to think that they are still working on solidifying their base and need to use Moore to rein them in.

"Peace is our Profession"
Strategic Air Command - Motto

USAF 75-79 Security Police
scotty61
LCDR

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ponderous pachyderm Mikey Moore, is such an obvious fraud that it astounds me the way the Dems swallow his stuff. They are so filled up with hate for Bush that they will embrace any lie. Joe Wilson for example. To paraphase Churchill, never, in the course of human events, was so much truth sought by so few.
coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scotty61 wrote:
The ponderous pachyderm Mikey Moore, is such an obvious fraud that it astounds me the way the Dems swallow his stuff. They are so filled up with hate for Bush that they will embrace any lie. Joe Wilson for example. To paraphrase Churchill, never, in the course of human events, was so much truth sought by so few.
I just had a realy scary thought. Could the Moore lies actually be their reality? If that is the case, God save us because about 40% of the country has gone mad.

"Peace is our Profession"
Strategic Air Command - Motto

USAF 75-79 Security Police
ASPB
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As an interested member of our Republic, I did check the news from time to time and on one of the websites for a major news network, I saw a picture of a delegate at the convention. A perfectly normal-looking person, wearing a lot of red, white and blue and clearly interested in some speech being given from the podium. What struck me, however, was what was stuck to her hat - a button, on it "Bush Lied, People Died."

Bush Lied, People Died. Roll that around for a moment. Bush Lied, People Died. Consider what it means in its totality. It means, in the minds of the wearer of the button, that President Bush is directly responsible for the needless deaths of others - he lied in order to get us into places and positions where innocent people would be killed. This is what is on the hat of a delegate to the Democratic National Convention. Its not an isolated thing.

Last night it was the turn of Howard "I Have a Scream" Dean to take his turn at the podium. Among his more silly assertions (such as his absurd claim that someone once donated $50 to him all in quarters...what, the donor couldn't get to a bank and get a crisp, new $50.00 bill? Or even two 20's and a 10?) was this bit of hate-filled mendacity:

Quote:
And a foreign policy that relies on telling the truth to the American people before we send our brave American soldiers to fight in foreign lands.

Bush Lied, People Died. Just like that ernest delegate, Howard Dean is saying that the President of the United States relied upon lies to get us to send our brave American soldiers to fight in foreign lands. Howard Dean and the delegate are also not alone in this - our good friend Michael Moore (who, as noted, was a guest of that hate-filled, failed President, Jimmy Carter) also carried on the notion of Bush Lied, People Died:

Quote:
MOORE: Oh, he lied to the nation, Bill, I can’t think of a worse thing to do for a president to lie to a country to take them to war, I mean, I don’t know a worse –

On and on and on it goes: Bush Lied, People Died. But what did the President lie about?

At varied times our Democrats have said that President Bush lied about WMD in Iraq, Iraq/Al Queda links, Saddam/9/11 links, Iraq/Niger uranium links and a host of other issues. Thing is, the results are all in - and in each and every case it has been demonstrated conclusively that President Bush did not lie. Not only not lied, but didn't even shade the truth; President Bush has been speaking the plain, honest truth for three and a half years (especially as it relates to the War on Terrorism) and what he's got from his Democratic opponents for this unvarnished fact-transmission is: Bush Lied, People Died.

And not only has President Bush not lied, but his critics have been caught in lie after lie after lie. From the claims of critics that President Bush (and/or Cheney) claimed that Saddam had a hand in 9/11 to claims that President Bush deliberately lied about Saddam's attempts to purchase uranium, it has been President Bush's critics who have been proven the liars - the worst of the lot being Joe Wilson (recently removed from Senator Kerry's website) who made up out of whole cloth the entire concept that Saddam hadn't tried to get uranium from Niger.

People have died while President Bush has been in office - 3,000 of our fellow citizens were murdered on 9/11. Taking everything into consideration, probably close on the 1,200 American servicemembers have died worldwide since 9/11. My best guestimate of enemy casualties (given that the DOD wont do body counts) is that anywhere from 9,000 to 15,000 of the enemy have been killed since 9/11. Lots of death. There's going to be more of it; lots more. But President Bush never lied about it.

What does this tell us of our Democrats? It tells us things which are pretty disturbing; things I never wanted to consider. Namely, what it betokens is a complete irresponsibility on their part - the liars who lie about the President (Michael Moore, Joe Wilson, Jimmy Carter, Howard Dean, etc) know full well as they tell their lies that they are lying; and the run-of-the-mill Democrats, unless they are the veriest simpletons, also know that the liars are lying - and they just don't care. They've decided that telling the truth wont help them, so they've settled upon lying as their prime option. But becoming a liar, like all forms of self-destructive degeneracy, is not something that you can turn on and off like a lightswitch - they have become a Party of liars, and if they were to ever gain office again they would not cease lying for good and all.

This is fundamentally destructive of our democratic Republic. A free people requires the free exchange of truth between varied Parties and interests so that the people can make a reasoned judgement between them. What the American people are getting is a choice between a liar and a truth-teller - its pretty much a no-brainer who will win this contest, but even that is not a completely good thing. We Republicans will gain power almost by default, which is not the way to gain it; meanwhile, the Democrats will have shut themselves out of power regardless of any good ideas they may actually have buried under the lies (and lets not even contemplate what it would mean to our Republic if politicians de-facto pledged to dishonesty, as Kerry and Edwards are, were to get into power).

I'm working hard to re-elect President Bush because he's the best man for the job. I'm supporting the Republican Party because it is my philosophic and political home. But I am saddened, greatly, for my nation; its a very sad day when one of my country's two major political Parties has become an agent of destruction.
Marine4life
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am hoping that Bush comes out and catagoricaly dismantles Kerry just as we are doing. Like you said it's a no brainer, the facts speak for themselves. It is like he is sitting back and letting them say anything that they want and not exposing or challenging them. I kind of think that Bush is giving them enough rope to hang themselves, then just before the election he will yank the rope and dangle them for everyone to see. Kerry has yet to address the issues, he won't take a stand on anything. He say's that Bush has failed in Iraq but won't say what he would do different, just negative "Bush is a liar and a moran" crap. People are starting to see through it all. I hear the democrats at work saying stuff all the time. They are having fun bashing Bush but are getting frustrated that Kerry won't take a stand for the party. One said the other day that saying things is great but it won't get you elected if you don't have an alternative plan. That is coming from a democrat!! If Kerry continues at this rate he won't have a chance, but what toll will it take on us and our soldiers if he is allowed to continue? Semper Fi.
Scott
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coldwarvet wrote:
I just had a realy scary thought. Could the Moore lies actually be their reality? If that is the case, God save us because about 40% of the country has gone mad.

Sorry to say, I just got back from a visit with my parents in Norfolk, VA. Had an extended argument with one of my twenty-something relatives who really does believe everything MM says. To him, any counter argument is automatically based on a flawed source.

The irony is, his father served in the Navy, was a RIO in an F-4, and attended the Top Gun school.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: