SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

General Quarters! John O'Neill headlined on Drudge

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 6:29 pm    Post subject: General Quarters! John O'Neill headlined on Drudge Reply with quote

Well...here we go folks. Man (or is that now person?) your battle stations and batten down the hatches. Smile

The Drudgereport

Last edited by Me#1You#10 on Wed Jul 28, 2004 8:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The headline on Drudge has now been changed...this was the earlier one..

DrudgeReport wrote:
Naval officer: 'Kerry would revisit ambush locations for reenacting combat scenes, catching it all on film'...
The bandit
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the film footage you could swear he is a grunt and not a brown water PCF skipper. But even this image is wrong: he looks too damn good to even be a grunt in the film (unless he had a persoanl aid that kept his greens cleaned and pressed.)

Pictures on me I looked like I was raised from the dead after being blown up. But Kerry, gosh he is a real Clark Gable.
ASPB
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bandit,

You can question the grooming but not the uniform. Except for the steel pot it's almost exactly what every Brown Water skipper, myself included, wore every day.

Regular working and dress uniforms didn't even go to the boats with us. In Riverine they were left in storage in Saigon for the entire tour. I don't know about the Swifties.

As to the steel pot! We had them on the boats but rarely wore them, choosing instead to wear boonie hats or black berets.

I don't know if the black beret was authorized in TF115. It was in TF116 and TF117. Bob Shirley or one of the Swifties can answer that one if you want to know.

Tom
The bandit
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ASPB wrote:
Bandit,

You can question the grooming but not the uniform. Except for the steel pot it's almost exactly what every Brown Water skipper, myself included, wore every day.

Wear it while on foot patrol did you while carrying an M-16? Did you guys wear combat boots? I just cannot picture you guys as grunts, boat men yes, but grunts, no.
ASPB

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bandit wrote:
ASPB wrote:
Bandit,

Wear it while on foot patrol did you while carrying an M-16? Did you guys wear combat boots? I just cannot picture you guys as grunts, boat men yes, but grunts, no.

Yes, we wore tropical combat boots almost full time. In the rare, and I really rare, situation of going ashore in a combat zone we'd carry a M-16 or a M-79 as well as a sidearm. This was generally done after an action, often the next day, to do a body count or check out a hootch or bunker for arms.
coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 3:26 am    Post subject: Re: General Quarters! John O'Neill headlined on Drudge Reply with quote

Me#1You#10 wrote:
Well...here we go folks. Man (or is that now person?) your battle stations and batten down the hatches. Smile

The Drudgereport

You Navy guys got the best phrases.

"Peace is our Profession"
Strategic Air Command - Motto

USAF 75-79 Security Police
ASPB

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 3:32 am    Post subject: Re: General Quarters! John O'Neill headlined on Drudge Reply with quote

coldwarvet wrote:
Me#1You#10 wrote:

The Drudgereport

You Navy guys got the best phrases.

What's funny is, the guy who wrote it is a groundpounder! Laughing
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 3:35 am    Post subject: Re: General Quarters! John O'Neill headlined on Drudge Reply with quote

ASPB wrote:

What's funny is, the guy who wrote it is a groundpounder! Laughing

When in Rome....

...and you can thank Mr. & Mrs. NNN for "Geedunk & Scuttlebutt". I wouldn't know a geedunk from a bilge pump. Smile
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today, another Drudge banner headline featuring John O'Neill and the SBVFT. For those of you who were waiting for greater SBVFT media presence, it appears that your wait is over.

Quote:
KERRY WAR COMRADES PREPARE BATTLE -- AGAINST KERRY

Capped by Kerry's primetime speech to accept the Democratic Party's nomination, Thursday's program will include appearances and remarks by Kerry's Swift Boat crewmates, the Kerry-Edwards campaign announced in a press release this morning.

But a group of veterans will soon try to convince a nation how what is presented on the convention stage tonight -- may not be the full story: "Only 2 of John Kerry's 23 fellow Swift boat commanders from Coastal Division 11 support his candidacy today."

A new bombshell book written by the man who took over John Kerry's Swift Boat charges: Two of John Kerry's three Purple Heart decorations (#1 and #3) resulted from self-inflicted wounds, not suffered under enemy fire.

The startling Purple Heart accusations, outlined in detail for the first time, are found in UNFIT FOR COMMAND, Swift Boat Veterans Speak Out Against John Kerry.

And that's just the beginning.

Drudgereport
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: