SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kerry’s videos reveal war crimes?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sa_vet
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 2:53 am    Post subject: Kerry’s videos reveal war crimes? Reply with quote

Kerry’s videos reveal war crimes?

In the book "Reckless Disregard," author Lt Col Robert "Buzz" Patterson, discusses the infamous Kerry video reenactments of his “heroism”:

"On February 28, 1969, now in charge of PCF 94, Kerry came under fire from an enemy location on the shore. The crew's gunner returned fire, hitting and wounding the lone gunman. Kerry directed the boat to charge the enemy position. Beaching his boat, Kerry jumped off, chased the wounded insurgent behind a thatched hutch, and killed him. Kerry and his crew returned within days, armed with a Super 8 video camera he had purchased at the post exchange at Cam Ranh Bay, and reenacted the skirmish on film."

I’ll set aside for a moment the absurdity of the videos, and assume the truth of Lt Col Patterson’s account and ask a simple question… what about the Laws Of Armed Conflict?

There are three major principles of LOAC:

Military Necessity (ie: engage in only those acts necessary): how does beaching one’s craft to pursue a lone gunman qualify as necessary? I would have expected crew safety and a desire to protect the craft to preclude this particular antic anyway.

Distinction (ie: lawful and unlawful combatants): how does a fleeing, wounded enemy qualify as a lawful combatant?

Proportionality (ie: using a degree or kind of force exceeding that which is required is prohibited): how does killing the gunman qualify as proportional when they had presumably already eliminated the gunman’s ability to threaten our forces?

Bottom line: what gives? Have these potential war crimes on his part been investigated?
Uisguex Jack
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know yet, but it looks to me like Kennedy and Kerry have built a virtual house of cards with this 'war hero' stuff..... and it's been in the works for a long time. I read that same article you quote today and they say he (kerry) would have 'mock' interviews with himself for use in his political career of the future? What the hell is that all about?

John Kennedy is the grand son of the most corrupt mayor in the history of the United States whose daughter married the biggest Bootlegger and Nazi sympathizer in all of New England. Who is it that said 'no one went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American populace' P T Barnum I think

It don't take no pshrink to tell, looking at these photos, he's 'posing' with these people for affectation and not really a member of either of these groups.

Firemen, policemen, soldiers fighting and those retired all support our president Bush, I have yet to meet one who supports Kerry. Veterans get mad at the mention of his name. The speech Jimi Carter made the other night is the most insulting thing I've ever heard a president say for the moral of soldiers now in harms way. And he had Michael Moore sitting with him in the presidential box. Jiminy crickets.

We are at war and this guys running on a record pieced together from a deck of cards......... well not quite a full deck if you consider his filming reenactments of his exploits.

People are not as stupid as Kerry seems to think. Certainly no soldiers getting shot at today.

What I don't get is I heard about this web site from a friend and it took a while to find it doing a google search Its like he's got people screwing with the search engines to keep people from finding thier way here.
War Dog
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uisguex Jack, I'm glad you finally found us. Good post, keep giving em hell!

Friggin War Woof!

When cops need help, they call the K-9 unit."
Uisguex Jack
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My two Bouvier's and Kerry blue give you much loud WOOF! back.

Nice site, odd I never heard about it on CBS.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: