SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ward Churchill's 'Acceptable' Hate Speech
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doc Farmer
LCDR

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 12:16 pm    Post subject: Ward Churchill's 'Acceptable' Hate Speech Reply with quote

Ward Churchill's 'Acceptable' Hate Speech
Written by Doc Farmer
Thursday, February 03, 2005

By now, you've probably heard about a leftist professor (is there another kind, I wonder?) named Ward Churchill. He teaches - and I used the word advisedly - at the University of Colorado, apparently specializing in something called ''Ethnic Studies'' and also is a coordinator of American Indian Studies. Which is just a fancified way of saying, ''Hey, let's blame whitey!'' in such a way as to be more palatable to the average lib/dem/soc/commie.

He's made a name for himself by being a jerk, to put it bluntly. Oh, I'm sure he's got all kinds of alphabet soup behind his name, and he's got the golden fleece of tenure protecting his job, but you need only read some of his writings to know that, at the base of it all, he's simply an anti-American, pro-terrorist, self-hating, denigrating, specious, vile, nugatory, obscene, spiteful, odious, turd-like waste of protoplasm. Attend:

''If the nature of the bombing were not already bad enough - and it should be noted that this sort of ''aerial warfare'' constitutes a Class I Crime Against humanity, entailing myriad gross violations of international law, as well as every conceivable standard of ''civilized'' behavior - the death toll has been steadily ratcheted up by US-imposed sanctions for a full decade now. Enforced all the while by a massive military presence and periodic bombing raids, the embargo has greatly impaired the victims' ability to import the nutrients, medicines and other materials necessary to saving the lives of even their toddlers.''
Hmmm, somebody better tell this twit that it was the UN who authorized the war in 1991, as well as the sanctions that followed. Oh, and remind him also that the UN was skimming billions off the top of that oh-so-badly-named ''Oil for Food'' program. By the way, wasn't Saddam supposed to be buying nutrients, medicines, and other materials for those toddlers he's so concerned about. Guess he was too busy building palaces and buying guns from the Rooskies, the Krauts and the Cheese-Eating-Surrender-Monkey-Bastards to get to that part of the shopping list, eh?

''There may be a real utility to reflecting further, this time upon the fact that it was pious Americans who led the way in assigning the onus of collective guilt to the German people as a whole, not for things they as individuals had done, bur for what they had allowed - nay, empowered - their leaders and their soldiers to do in their name. If the principle was valid then, it remains so now, as applicable to Good Americans as it was the Good Germans.''
So, Americans by association are all guilty of ''war crimes'' according to this yutz, because his heroes (the terrorists) were somehow treated poorly by this country. Boo-freakin'-hoo. We weren't the ones who invaded Iran, or Kuwait. We weren't the ones with the rape rooms, or the giant plastics shredders, or the torture chambers (real torture, not panties-on-the-head stuff). In fact, Saddam has, without a doubt, killed more Muslims than any other man in the history of the planet, while the United States has saved and freed more Muslims than any other country in the history of the planet. I'm beginning to see why this ''professor'' is teaching a liberal arts course. His math sucks.

''If there was a better, more effective, or in fact any other way of visiting some penalty befitting their participation upon the little Eichmanns inhabiting the sterile sanctuary of the twin towers, I'd really be interested in hearing about it.''
For those of you too young to remember, or those who have had a public school education, Adolph Eichmann was the architect of the ''final solution'' in Nazi Germany. He is generally credited with the overall design of a process that slaughtered over 14 million civilians - Jews, Slavs, Romany, and any other ''ethnically impure'' group. So, Mr. Churchill (Sir Winston must be spinning in his grave over the fact he shares a surname with this jackass) has just compared over 3,000 dead men, women and children, of different faiths, nationalities and races, of being mass murderers. Uh, Earth to Ward - THEY were the folks who were VICTIMS of a mass murder, you ninnyhammer!

It kind of devolves from there. Mostly it is five thousand, one hundred and forty two wasted words (not counting the addendum), an ongoing diatribe against Bush (you're shocked, I can tell), America, Mom, apple pie, the girl next door and capitalism. Sadly what we've come to expect from academicians, professors, and other leftist dolts that parents pay hard-earned money to in order to have their children's minds ''uplifted'' and prepared for life.

Of course, the lib/dem/soc/commies are wringing their hands in abject fear that this poor, unfortunate, well-meaning teacher is being called names for having an opinion. ''Free Speech!'' they cry. ''Academic Freedom!'' they bray. ''Racism!'' they complain. Wait, what was that last one? Racism? Seems to me that this professor is the one who is being racist, in his hatred of honkeys (such as mself) and his tender love of Islamofascist bastards like the ones who murdered innocents, and continue to do so. Ah, but this vaunted professor is apparently a ''native American'' (or ''Injun'' as we used to call them when I watched TV in the early 60s) and therefore cannot possibly be viewed by any liberal mind as possibly racist. Moreover, he hates Dubya, and as we all know, anybody that does that must be a clear-thinking, fair-minded guy - like, for example, Robert Byrd (KKK-WV).

The fact of the matter is that Ward Churchill will not be punished for his racist views, his anti-American screed or his love of the enemy. He's a lib/dem/soc/commie. Hell, they elect draft dodgers, murderers, klansmen, and traitors to high office. They believe that any lie is acceptable so long as it promotes their power and influence. They hate, for hate's sake, and scream down at anybody who dares to disagree with them as haters or bigots themselves. They'll blame everybody else but themselves for their own failings, and lash out at anyone who points out their folly and their failure.

Just as Ward Churchill is doing.

Finally, a personal note: We are at war, Mr. Churchill. Not one of our choosing, nor one of our fault, despite you're insipid and false beliefs. It is a war unlike any other, with a scope and impact potentially as great and as terrible as World War II if left unchecked. If you had made such a speech or dissertation as you recently published, say, 63 years ago, you would have been tried for sedition and treason, and shot. By a lib/dem/soc/commie president, I might add. Count yourself fortunate that the worst that can happen to you now is that you might lose your job. I'm certain that you've lost any respect anyone ever held for you. Except, of course, the respect of folks like Saddam Hussein, Usama bin Laden, and your other heroes. I'm quite sure they'd happily thank you for all your help.

Before they slaughtered you for being an infidel, that is.

About the Writer: Doc Farmer is a writer and humorist who is also a moderator on ChronWatch's Forum. He formerly lived in Saudi Arabia and Qatar, but now resides in the Midwest. Doc receives e-mail at docfarmer9999@yahoo.co.uk.

This Article Was First Published In ChronWatch At: http://www.chronwatch.com/content/contentDisplay.asp?aid=12799

Fat, Bald and Ugly - And PROUD Of It!
GenrXr
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doc Said,

Quote:
If you had made such a speech or dissertation as you recently published, say, 63 years ago, you would have been tried for sedition and treason, and shot. By a lib/dem/soc/commie president, I might add. Count yourself fortunate that the worst that can happen to you now is that you might lose your job. I'm certain that you've lost any respect anyone ever held for you. Except, of course, the respect of folks like Saddam Hussein, Usama bin Laden, and your other heroes. I'm quite sure they'd happily thank you for all your help.

Great article Doc,

I would like to know what Churchills Indian background is. Being 1/16th Native American my siblings and I under Federal guidelines qualify as full blooded Indian. Requires only 1/32nd bloodline. Although we would never abuse this I would be interested in whether Churchill has.
Doc Farmer
LCDR

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GenrXr wrote:
Doc Said,

Quote:
If you had made such a speech or dissertation as you recently published, say, 63 years ago, you would have been tried for sedition and treason, and shot. By a lib/dem/soc/commie president, I might add. Count yourself fortunate that the worst that can happen to you now is that you might lose your job. I'm certain that you've lost any respect anyone ever held for you. Except, of course, the respect of folks like Saddam Hussein, Usama bin Laden, and your other heroes. I'm quite sure they'd happily thank you for all your help.

Great article Doc,

I would like to know what Churchills Indian background is. Being 1/16th Native American my siblings and I under Federal guidelines qualify as full blooded Indian. Requires only 1/32nd bloodline. Although we would never abuse this I would be interested in whether Churchill has.

Apparently, there seems to be some considerable debate in that regard. WorldNewsDaily has a story about that on their front page...

Link

shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent commentary, Doc!!

Regarding his fake Indian Heritage heres an article
from the editor of Indian Country Today:

http://www.indiancountry.com/content.cfm?id=1096410293
Doc Farmer
LCDR

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shawa wrote:
Excellent commentary, Doc!!

Regarding his fake Indian Heritage heres an article
from the editor of Indian Country Today:

http://www.indiancountry.com/content.cfm?id=1096410293

It may be a purposeful attempt by the lib/dem/soc/commies to "de-ethnicize" this guy so that they can call him a bigot more readily. As we all know, ethnic minorities cannot possibly be bigots - only us honkeys can.

d19thdoc
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's no legal reason why he cannot be prosecuted for treason today. Except that the bar was raised so high by Kerry and Fonda and that whole gaggle in the 70's that it is unlikely today for political reasons.

The whole 1st Amendment argument is specious. What they are really arguing is that you should be able to say anything - anything at all - and not suffer any consequences. As anyone who knows anything about civil disobedience understands, it is the willingness and courage to speak out regardless of the consequences, that marks the hsitory of free expression. So if this guy believes what he says, he should be willing to face the consequences. The consequences should be job termination and prosecution, in his case, in that order.

This mis-applied 1st Amendment argument is just another example of the Left's perverted definition of freedom- the right to do whatever the hell you please, anywhere, and at any time. You do not have that right in this country; you may do whatever the hell you please, but the larger society may have something to say about it that you will not like. Consequences. Responsibility. Unknown categories in the Leftist mind.
GenrXr

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

d19thdoc wrote:
There's no legal reason why he cannot be prosecuted for treason today. Except that the bar was raised so high by Kerry and Fonda and that whole gaggle in the 70's that it is unlikely today for political reasons.

The whole 1st Amendment argument is specious. What they are really arguing is that you should be able to say anything - anything at all - and not suffer any consequences. As anyone who knows anything about civil disobedience understands, it is the willingness and courage to speak out regardless of the consequences, that marks the hsitory of free expression. So if this guy believes what he says, he should be willing to face the consequences. The consequences should be job termination and prosecution, in his case, in that order.

This mis-applied 1st Amendment argument is just another example of the Left's perverted definition of freedom- the right to do whatever the hell you please, anywhere, and at any time. You do not have that right in this country; you may do whatever the hell you please, but the larger society may have something to say about it that you will not like. Consequences. Responsibility. Unknown categories in the Leftist mind.

Well said. Wink
DLI78
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This guy kind of reminds me of that actor Steven Seagal, who once played an Indian in a movie then did a few leftie publicity stunts as an "Indian spokesman", even though, as I recall, the Native Americans he was speaking for didn't want any part of his "help".
GenrXr

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lotsa_Static wrote:
This guy kind of reminds me of that actor Steven Seagal, who once played an Indian in a movie then did a few leftie publicity stunts as an "Indian spokesman", even though, as I recall, the Native Americans he was speaking for didn't want any part of his "help".

Unfortunatley, I agree.
msindependent
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.classicalvalues.com/archives/001976.html

If I had a child who had attended this nut case's class, I would demand a refund. Shame them for ever hiring this fake.
Doc Farmer
LCDR

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

d19thdoc wrote:

With respect, I have to disagree with one point. I doubt seriously that Churchill could be successfully tried for treason today. Why? Partly because of the history of the Framers of the Constitution. Before the US, monarchs could charge you with treason, with little (or no) evidence except their own whims. Therefore, the FFs wanted to make sure there was adequate evidence of treason. If you look at the standards, treason is not mere words. It is also action. Providing aid and comfort to the enemy in a time of war is treason, yes, but were the Prof's words enough to provide actual, measurable, physical aid and comfort? Did his words put our troops in danger, or spur on another 9/11-style attack? We have no evidence to suggest this is the case. With Hanoi Jane, and with John Kerry, this is demonstrable, and could (should!) be brought to a federal court. With Churchill, however, there is no prima face evidence.

Now, if this were 1942, and considering the unity of the nation, it's quite considerable that Churchill could have at least been tried for treason. However, I doubt they could have convicted him on that charge. Sedition, perhaps, but not treason itself.

d19thdoc
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doc Farmer:
From my email to the chair of the U of C Board of Regents:
Quote:
Dear Mr. Rutledge,
In reference to Ward Churchill, who is being maintained by the University of Colorado on your watch, I submit the following observations.

TITLE 18 > PART I > CHAPTER 115 > § 2381

§ 2381. Treason

Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

What more aid and comfort can one give to our enemies than to justify their acts of war against our country, to characterize innocent civilians as legitimate combatant targets, and to co-sign the enemy's own rationales for the attacks.

Terrorism is almost entirely psychological warfare, with the exception of the few actual military actions the terrorists are able to take against us. Promoting their propaganda agenda is collaboration and active participation in their politico-military objectives.

This is not a question of free speech. This is a question of treason.

It should be dealt with - swiftly and ruthlessly - as such.

All this nonsense about Churchill's First Amendment rights is just that - a diversion to shift the focus from his Constitutionally criminal activity. The Constitution does not give anyone the right to subvert its very survival.

And, he has been able to get away with this so far because of the legacy of the anti-war people of the 1970's - Comrade Kerry, Jane Fonda and their ilk, who went un-prosecuted and became precedent for the government to sit idly by while an entire generation of this country's defenders. like myself, were vilified and marginalized, and while the national security interests of the nation itself were undermined.

No more. Never again.

Take action appropriate to the threat, or be considered a collaborator in treason. The taxpayers of Colorado and of the United States (you do get Federal funds, don't you?) are not interested in paying for their own subversion in war time.

Two other throughts. 1) If Churchill would have been prosecutable during World War II, why not now? The Constitutional principles have not changed. A jury should decide. Since the Colorado House voted its outrage unanimously, and the Colorado Senate had only one dissenting vote on a similar resolution, I don't think the case would be a hard sell to a jury. And, 2) his defense that he is only reporting the position of our enemies is transparently bogus to anyone who can read - and who did read his original article. He is defining, advocating and advancing the agenda of our enemies, who, like the North Vietnamese, need only to be convinced that staying their course will defeat us at home, in order to continue and to escalate the barbarity of their attacks on our troops in the field.

Last edited by d19thdoc on Fri Feb 04, 2005 8:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
I B Squidly
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Treason seems a stretch. Moreover do you really want Hollywood to make a martyr of this turd?

His university hire depended on a fraudulent application. That, and a united Colorado state house should be enough to end his academic sinecure. Let him find work as an 'Eichman' in the real world.

Rush says he should be left in place with his siren call of hate the better to reveal moonbat mentality. I disagree. These rat nest 'ethnic study' departments just don't get any coverage. Let him spiel from Air America between Franken and Garafolo for better effect.
d19thdoc
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have any illusions that he'll be prosecuted for anything. I'm just making the case that he ought to be and could be. As I said, I think the traitors of the late 60's and 70's made it possible for treason to be committed with impunity - and the terrorized Nixon government confirmed a free pass for their kind, who have been underminng this country ever since.

Leaving him in place leaves him in a position to poison more young minds.

I read somewhere that he claims to have been in the military (U.S., I presume). If he lied about that he could be gotten rid of - at least from U of C, for a fraudulent resume. I'm sure B.G. Burkett would be happy to run a check on his military records.

Anyone have a link to a claim by Churchill that he was in the military?
mtboone
Founder

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was a Ward L. Churchill in the Army and that he made E5. Now, I do not know if he is the same one.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: