SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WHY CONDI IS NOT BLACK
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SBD
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 10:30 pm    Post subject: WHY CONDI IS NOT BLACK Reply with quote

WHY CONDI IS NOT BLACK
From To The Point - http://www.tothepointnews.com
Behind The Lines
Dr. Jack Wheeler
Thursday, February 10, 2005

Condoleezza Rice is not only not black, she is not a woman either. Not as far as the Left is concerned. For the Left, if you’re black or a woman, whatever your achievements are, they count only if you got them because you’re black or a woman – not because you deserved them on the basis of your ability.

If you got to where you are in life because of your ability and talents irregardless of your race or sex, then you are, for the Left, not “really,” “truly,” or “authentically” black or a woman – like, say, Al Sharpton or Barbara Boxer. Would anybody pay any attention to Al Sharpton if he wasn’t black? Would anybody pay attention to Barbara Boxer if she wasn’t a woman?

This is why, if he were alive today, Martin Luther King, Jr. would be a Republican.

The most inspiring line from his famous “I have a dream” speech on the Lincoln Memorial steps on August 28, 1963, was that he dreamed of the day when all Americans will “live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.” This is exactly what George Bush did with Condi Rice: he chose her as his National Security Advisor and now Secretary of State because of her character, not her color. It doesn’t matter if she’s black or white or man or woman – she’s brilliant, she’s the best, and that’s that.

MLK would look at Condi and think, “Yes, this is what I dreamed of, this is the America I wanted my children to live in.” For the Left, for the Jesse Jacksons and Al Sharptons, the Barbara Boxers and Ted Kennedys, this is an America they hate and fear. But just what exactly is it that they are afraid of? A meritocracy, a society where people get what they earn, and don’t get what they don’t earn.

And so we come to the metaphysical bedrock of the Left. The fundamental desire of a Leftist is to get something for nothing.

Ted Kennedy well knows that he never earned a dime in his life, that he was given everything including wealth, and the memory of his assassinated brother which he lives off of to keep getting re-elected. He has not earned his life. And he doesn’t want Condi to earn hers. Excellence is always an unbearable insult to the incompetent.

Thus what the Leftist craves is power, power to control the lives of the excellent – so he becomes a bureaucrat, a politician, an “activist,” or a university professor. (Not all of these types of folks are lefties, of course – just a preponderance of them are.) His path to power is the creation of victims, victims who need his protection, victims who will give him power to protect them. No victims means no power. Blacks who are not victims, who are triumphantly successful because of their personal excellence and not their race, are a threat whose “blackness” must be denied.

But of course Condi isblack, American black, and proudly so. She was born in the Jim Crow South and overcame all the ghastly obstacles that society placed in front of her. She is a heroic role model for millions of American blacks to emulate – but not just blacks, not just women, but for all Americans to admire. Which is why she strikes such fear and loathing in the dark hearts of the Democrats, and why those hearts sank when they heard Dick Morris predict Condi will run against the PIAPS in 2008.

(No, I’m not going to explain how PIAPS is the accepted acronym for Hillary in the blogosphere. You’ll just have to go to Google and be seated firmly when you do – or else you’ll roll off your chair.)

It may seem premature to start handicapping 2008, but not for Hillary who has already started her campaign by seeming to go to Bush’s right on illegal aliens and to the “center” on infanticide (note to pro-lifers: it’s time to stop using the term “abortion,” and replace it with “infanticide”; it’s time to stop using the term “pro-choice” for the other side, and start using “pro-infanticide” instead).

The plain fact is that Hillary has a lock on the Democrat Presidential Nomination in 2008. The only thing that could prevent this would be for Rudy Giulani to defeat her for re-election to the Senate in 2006. Her approval rating in the latest Quinnipac poll is 65%, but shows her beating Rudy only 50 to 44. Unless Rudy can be persuaded to go for Capitol Hill instead of the Governor’s Mansion in Albany, and take the PIAPS down, her nomination is a done deal.

And don’t be surprised if her running mate is Barack Obama.

Given this, you can expect the drive to be irresistible for Republicans to nominate Condi. They will dispense with history: only two Presidents have never been elected to a previous office: Ulysses S. Grant and Dwight Eisenhower, both generals coming off winning a major war. Condi’s critical role in winning the War on Islamofascism will be clear by then. More problematical is that she is not married and is not enthusiastically pro-life.

If she moves over the next year or so or correct these, then you can be confident she’s aiming for ’08. The fellow she would marry would be former wide receiver for the San Francisco 49ers, Gene Washington, who’s now NFL Director of Operations. She’s already revealed to National Review that she is “mildly, reluctantly pro-choice.” Expect this reluctance to grow.

Condi is fond of recalling what her parents told her as a child growing up in segregated Birmingham, Alabama: That “even though I couldn't have a hamburger at Woolworth's, I could be President of the United States.”

Her parents’ dream may well come true. When it does, the alphabet media will go schizophrenic. They’ll blather on and on about “the first black president” and “the first woman president” – while undercutting her at every opportunity. Hillary will run as a woman – and Condi will not, no more than she will run as a black. She will run as an American, and as America’s best choice for the White House. Which is why she will win, and which is why her color will not matter when she does.

Ps: And who would be Condi’s VP? John Ellis “Jeb” Bush. He can’t go for POTUS right after his brother and all the froth that would be raised about a “Bush Dynasty.” But after eight years as VP under Condi – and in 2016 he’d only be 63 – he can take his shot.

© Copyright 2004 To The Point, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

SBD
RogerRabbit
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Ted Kennedy well knows that he never earned a dime in his life, that he was given everything including wealth, and the memory of his assassinated brother which he lives off of to keep getting re-elected. He has not earned his life. And he doesn’t want Condi to earn hers. Excellence is always an unbearable insult to the incompetent.

And most of the family wealth came from rum running during Prohibition
srmorton
PO2

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SBD, I'm going to tell the members what the meaning of PIAPS because
it nearly drove me crazy until I finally discovered what the letters stood
for. I would see them all the time on Lucianne.com and could not
figure them out. I knew the letters stood for Hillary, but they did not
make any sense to me. Finally, someone put the meaning in one of
their posts. PIAPS is "pig in a pants suit". (Edited by Admin. Please refrain from derogatory personal comments about this person. Thanks.)
SBD
Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

srmorton wrote:
PIAPS is "pig in a pants suit". edited

Removed by Admin. Please refrain from derogatory comments about a person. Thanks

SBD
GenrXr
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RogerRabbit wrote:
Quote:

And most of the family wealth came from rum running during Prohibition

The money he made from running rum and grifting hollywood starlets served as the seed for his short selling of stocks when the market crashed. When the stock market crashed big Joe made a fortune which is typical of leftists. Making money off the misery of others.
SBD
Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since it appears that clarifying an acronym's meaning in regards to Saint Hillary is prohibited on this forum, you can see why Bloggers have nicknamed her PIAPS by following the link below.

http://www.strangepolitics.com/content/item/6291.html

SBD
srmorton
PO2

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did not really mean to say something derogatory about Hillary's
physical attributes. I was just speculating on how the bloggers came
up with her nickname. I know that she wears a lot of pant suits, but
so do I. I really did not understand where they came up with the
rest of the name because "pig" seemed to me to be a little bit of
an exaggeration.
PhantomSgt
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

srmorton wrote:
I did not really mean to say something derogatory about Hillary's
physical attributes. I was just speculating on how the bloggers came
up with her nickname. I know that she wears a lot of pant suits, but
so do I. I really did not understand where they came up with the
rest of the name because "pig" seemed to me to be a little bit of
an exaggeration.

Removed by Moderator: Please refrain from derogatory comments about this person. Thanks

Independent that leans right of center.
scotty61
LCDR

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the lexicon of the left, in order to be considered a minority you have to have victim staus. That is why Condi, Colin Powell and Clarence Thomas are not considered minorities by the left. They have triumphed over adversity and hence are not victims. That is why asians are not allowed affimative action in colleges. They steadfastly refuse to see that they are victims of an oppressive white majority.

Somehow this is not MLK's dream.
AMOS
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 3:55 pm    Post subject: Seems to me............. Reply with quote

Seems to me someone's turned up the squelch here...............
PhantomSgt
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(Deleted By Admin)

Admin note:

Please refrain from commenting on matters relating to the administration of this forum. If you have a complaint/observation/suggestion, please direct it to a moderator or administrator via private message (PM).

Thank you.

Independent that leans right of center.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Admin note:

Please try to keep the dialogue in this forum on a slightly higher plane.

Comments ridiculing another's physical traits, no matter the target, source or rationale, are inappropriate in this forum.

Please return to on-topic comments and thanks in advance for your cooperation.

Admin
GM Strong
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come on folks, we are guests here. The administrators are trying to manage some decorum, so take heed. There are plenty of blog sites full of bile, invective and personal insult. We can be critical and have some fun, but we do have some guidelines to abide by. 'Nuff said.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Admin note:

Last chance folks. Either get it back on topic or I'll have to lock the thread.

Thanks
wwIIvetsdaughter
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In an AP article in my local paper, the author had a pluses/minuses column of a Rice run for the Presidency. One of the minuses was (I paraphrase) enough Republicans are racists so that the GOP cannot nominate a minority for the Presidency. It made my blood boil. I pledge now that if Condi is elected either President or Vice-President in '08 I will travel from sunny, warm (even in January) South Texas to icy, snowy, frigid DC to bear witness to that great event. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: