SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Howard Dean -off to a good start as DNC Chair -Not
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kate
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 6:49 pm    Post subject: Howard Dean -off to a good start as DNC Chair -Not Reply with quote

Howie will surely provide much fuel for fodder as he assumes his new leadership role for the Democrat party.

Here's a 1st shot at the 'opposition'

http://www.nypost.com/news/nationalnews/40399.htm
HOLY HOWIE BLASTS GOP ON VALUES
February 12, 2005 -- WASHINGTON —
Quote:
On the brink of taking control of the Democratic Party today, Howard Dean was his old outspoken self as he claimed Republicans lack moral values.

"How can Republicans get to talk about moral values when they don't have any?" Dean asked yesterday as he summarized a question that was far less pointed.

"I don't want to hear any lectures about Christian values from the Republican Party — they are the Pharisees and the Sadducees," Dean said — referring to Jewish sects that opposed and were condemned by Jesus.

Republicans quickly shot back at Dean's blasts — made as he spoke at the Democratic National Committee meeting in D.C. that will crown him as chairman today.

"I was worried that a year's worth of stunning defeats had humbled him. Glad to know he's no less delusional and bitter," said GOP pollster Kellyanne Conway.

let the fun begin
there will undoubedy be more to add about Howie's vision for the DNC

Last edited by kate on Sat Feb 12, 2005 7:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tom Poole
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And now we need a name. So far we have Dan-the-Marine, Broomhair Boxer, Hildebeest or PIAPS, Slick Willie, Silky Pony, Mooreon, etc. Now that he's been crowned chairman, I'd propose consideration of the following:

Queen Dean
Mean Dean
Howard-the-Coward
Deaniac
EEOOWW Dean

Any others? He needs a label that sticks.
PhantomSgt
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom Poole wrote:
And now we need a name. So far we have Dan-the-Marine, Broomhair Boxer, Hildebeest or PIAPS, Slick Willie, Silky Pony, Mooreon, etc. Now that he's been crowned chairman, I'd propose consideration of the following:

Queen Dean
Mean Dean
Howard-the-Coward
Deaniac
EEOOWW Dean

I can only think of one that seems to fit quite well: Doctor Demented Dean or Doctor Demented for short

Cool Cool Cool

Independent that leans right of center.
I B Squidly
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Sarge, that's unfair to Doctor Dementoof late night TV fame.

Toyed with 'горожанин', russian for citizen. Pronounced like: garage-da-neen with emphasis on the final sylabyl.

GRAZHDANIN DEAN
rparrott21
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doc Farmer
LCDR

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PhantomSgt wrote:
Tom Poole wrote:

Queen Dean
Mean Dean
Howard-the-Coward
Deaniac
EEOOWW Dean

I can only think of one that seems to fit quite well: Doctor Demented Dean or Doctor Demented for short

Cool Cool Cool

Sorry, but as a fan of the REAL Dr. Demento, I fear that younger and more impressionable viewers might mix the two of them up... Shocked

Instead, how 'bout:
  • Howard the DUCK!
  • YEEEEAAAARRRRRRGHHH!
  • Screamin' Deanie
  • The A-Hole

Fat, Bald and Ugly - And PROUD Of It!
GM Strong
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This will be too much fun. Howie will give Hillary and everyone else all kinds of trouble as he is no sycophant. The Kook wing wishes he had been nominated and he still wants it. He still carries a grudge for the Clintonistas. The DNC chair is supposed to be a reflection of the controlling wing, and it isn't sKerry or Clinton. It is the the Kookleft fringe. Howie thinks he can appeal to the mainstream and conservatives?? Watch. Deaniacs will take themselves down.

Let'er rip YEEEEAAAARRRRRRGHHH!
blue9t3
Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing All great names and exellent syrup. But how about "the next pres. of the US" or the dems best chance at the White House?
I can only think what havock and confusion it might wreak for all them idiots?
Just the thought of howie doing his scream while hildabeast bites his back makes my hair stand up! Mr. Green
PhantomSgt
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doc Farmer wrote:
PhantomSgt wrote:
Tom Poole wrote:

Queen Dean
Mean Dean
Howard-the-Coward
Deaniac
EEOOWW Dean

Cool Cool Cool

Sorry, but as a fan of the REAL Dr. Demento, I fear that younger and more impressionable viewers might mix the two of them up... Shocked

Instead, how 'bout:
  • Howard the DUCK!
  • YEEEEAAAARRRRRRGHHH!
  • Screamin' Deanie
  • The A-Hole

Wild, crazy, frenzied, frantic, uncontrolled and frantic are the synonyms for “Demented”. I challenge anyone to find a more appropriate description of Doctor Dean, thus the title Doctor Demented fits him like stink on crap.

Embarassed did I say crap? Sorry ADMIN

Cool Cool Cool

Independent that leans right of center.
scotty61
LCDR

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First Dean says that he hates the republicans. Then he says that he is a better christian than the republicans.

It is obviuous that Dean needs to review what it means to be a christian.
Leeman
PO3

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I prefer "Howlin Howard" cause he kinda reminds me of "Wolfman Jack" and the late night Howl..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! .
GM Strong

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leeman wrote:
I prefer "Howlin Howard" cause he kinda reminds me of "Wolfman Jack" and the late night Howl..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! .

I like it as "Howlin' Howie". He's kind of like a "baying at the moon" guy anyway.

Here is what Scott Ott sees:

Howard Dean Expounds Vision for America
by Scott Ott

(2005-02-11) -- The presumptive chairman of the Democrat National Committee, Howard Dean, today laid out his vision for America's future under Democrat leadership.

Seeking to quell accusations that the DNC stands for little more than self-perpetuation and the denigration of President George Bush, Mr. Dean summarized his vision in one word: "protection."

He released the following outline that details what he called "a majestic, sweeping vision touching almost every area of life and governance."

"The DNC, under Howard Dean's leadership, envisions a future of...
-- protecting misguided burglars from gun-toting homeowners.
-- protecting the Social Security system by declaring an end to "the crisis" and reducing news reports about the instability of the system.
-- protecting teenagers from the humiliation caused by parental notification when they want abortions.
-- protecting homosexual Americans from their multiple-partner lifestyle by allowing them to marry...in other words, protecting the sanctity of homosexual marriage.
-- protecting illegal aliens who are suspected terrorists from government intrusion in their lives, and from the inconvenience of incarceration or deportation
-- protecting the unemployed by repealing the Bush tax cuts so that lawyers who get wealthy from class-action lawsuits can pay more taxes to support people who lose their jobs when their companies go bankrupt because of the high cost of insurance and litigation.
-- protecting the people of Iraq from the risks of democracy and capitalism by pulling American troops out now so that their great nation won't become a lousy mess like America.
-- protecting citizens of other countries by making sure American troops receive fair trials before the international criminal court at the Hague."

Last edited by GM Strong on Sun Feb 13, 2005 5:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
kate
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scotty61 wrote:
First Dean says that he hates the republicans. Then he says that he is a better christian than the republicans.

It is obviuous that Dean needs to review what it means to be a christian.
from his quote cited, he managed to insult Republicans, Christians, Jews, all in one sentence.
Preview things to come for Howies's new DNC? Deniac National Committee That'll sure draw them crossover votes.

re discussion for a name/tag -HowlinHowie has a ring to it
Leeman
PO3

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GM strong..I'll go along with the "Howling Howie" also, it has a better ring to it and gives a a visual image of him baying at the Moon.
GM Strong

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howlin' Howie has been quiet lately, but Scott Ott has an update.

Dean Throws 'Blue Meat' to Red State Voters
by Scott Ott

(2005-02-25) -- Democrat National Committee Chairman Howard Dean today launched a tour of states that President George Bush won in November, with planned stops at what he called the "red-state trinity" -- churches, gun shops and Wal-Mart stores.

"The president has done a good job of throwing red meat to conservatives," said Mr. Dean during the first stop on his 'Blue Meat for Red States' tour. "I'm here to show that Democrats can speak this language too."

Mr. Dean first stopped at a gun shop, telling the proprietor, "I need to get me a shootin' iron."

Holding his purchase in the air, he said he was shocked that "an out-of-stater could walk into a gun shop and -- with no background check or waiting period -- buy the most powerful paintball weapon in the place."

He told a baptist church group that his favorite character in the Bible is "Bob the Tomato," but later revised his remarks to acknowledge that the Veggie Tales video series is "not usually included in the canon of Scripture."

The tour was delayed for about an hour in Topeka, KS, as Mr. Dean stood at a Wal-Mart "concierge desk" waiting for the arrival of his "personal shopper."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: