SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My brush with greatness

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JackMcC
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 3:10 am    Post subject: My brush with greatness Reply with quote

I ran into Cameron Kerry at a restaurant last night. He is a well respected attorney in Boston. After an exchange of pleasantries, I told him that my Uncle served in Vietnam, and thought that Kerry was a lying, no-good dirtbag. I told him that I was glad his brother lost the election, and that we would reveal to the voters what a disgrace he is. I told him that we hope he loses his Senate seat, and that Teresa leaves him penniless.

The look on his face was priceless.
kate
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
great anecdote, tell us more...did he have any comment, or was he speechless Wink
wpage
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure wish I could've been there! I'd like to ask him if he has been caught in any basements lately.
Uisguex Jack
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
great anecdote, tell us more

Quote:
tell us more

I know it is impolite...... but pleaase do tell. Was his look of anger, confusion what. Please don't tell me you're making this up.
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my new hero!!! Smile
coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have paid a thousand dollars to be a witness of your encounter. Then I would have stood up and gave you a standing ovation.

CWV

"Peace is our Profession"
Strategic Air Command - Motto

USAF 75-79 Security Police
JackMcC
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say he was absolutely appalled. His jaw almost hit the floor, and he was clearly nervous. Not that I'm a big guy or anything - I'm not - but you could tell he thought I might pull a gun or something. I'm sure he thinks I'm a nut job. He was with three other people - I presume one was his wife, and another couple. They were speechless.

To my dismay, he actually ended the conversation with real class. He said that he disagreed with me, but that I should be proud that my Uncle served in the war, and said he was proud of his brother for his decades of service to the country. His answer actually annoyed me a bit....you know how that can be. He was perfectly gentlemenly after getting over his shock. The only good thing is that I undoubtedly ruined dinner for the whole group. Every time I looked over, there was no conversation going on.
gmez2001
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 7:46 pm    Post subject: Re: My brush with greatness Reply with quote

JackMcC wrote:
I ran into Cameron Kerry at a restaurant last night. He is a well respected attorney in Boston. After an exchange of pleasantries, I told him that my Uncle served in Vietnam, and thought that Kerry was a lying, no-good dirtbag. I told him that I was glad his brother lost the election, and that we would reveal to the voters what a disgrace he is. I told him that we hope he loses his Senate seat, and that Teresa leaves him penniless.

"Kerry was a lying, no-good dirtbag"

Jack; The Clintoon Arkansas mafia didn't haul you off????
Did you ever think about running for Senator? If Corsi can't get him out maybe Jack from Mass can.

I refer to Skerry as a fraud in my home state
Very Happy Smile Wink Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad Very Happy
JackMcC
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love everything about Massachusetts except its politics. I am completely unelectable at the state level....the Boston Globe and local TV stations would do a number on somebody with many of my views. Even Romney, who is a true moderate, gets slammed regularly.
bluedog
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remember in the final debate, Kerry was describing his mother in a hospital bed telling him how important integrity is...probably shameless pandering, but on the other hand, maybe she just really knew her son.
joe_madeup
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my belly laugh of the day - thank you Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: