SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CBS News: All hell is breaking loose!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GenrXr
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 3:54 am    Post subject: CBS News: All hell is breaking loose! Reply with quote

I absolutely love this and go get them Josh!

http://www.drudgereport.com/

Quote:
THE NEW YORK OBSERVER will report tomorrow: 'Former 60 Minutes Wednesday executive editor Josh Howard has told colleagues that before he resigns, the 23-year CBS News veteran will demand that the network retract remarks by CBS president Leslie Moonves, correct its official story line and ultimately clear his name'...

In the event of a lawsuit, Mr. Howard has told associates that he would like to see Moonves put under oath to talk about his own roles in the network's stubborn, hapless defense of the flawed segment on President Bush's National Guard service.

Howard has also indicated to colleagues that he would subpoena specific CBS documents, including the e-mails of top executives.

Yes, I am exhibiting shadenfraude, but damn I cannot help but relish in this.

Last edited by GenrXr on Wed Feb 16, 2005 8:11 am; edited 1 time in total
blue9t3
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Anyone got any popcorn? or a corkscrew? Wink Laughing
gmez2001
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blue9t3 wrote:
Laughing Anyone got any popcorn? or a corkscrew? Wink Laughing

Party hats,whistles,favors.......
Laughing Laughing Laughing
GenrXr

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The article was just posted and it is quite damning.

http://www.nyobserver.com/pages/nytv.asp

I love watching radical leftists circling the wagons against radical leftists. This is just too good. Razz

Prediction: CBS news will be off the air if this ever goes to court. They will cease to have a news division. They might have the worst ratings now, but wait and watch the ratings plummet to McEnroe levels once the public learns what the CBS execs think of them. hehe
Uisguex Jack
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Considering the ongoing efforts to get the Clinton White House Emails into the archives..... which some how misstakingly dissapeared...
http://www.judicialwatch.org/1244.shtml
Quote:
This scandal, uncovered by Judicial Watch, exposed how Northrop Grumman White House contractors were threatened by Clinton-Gore officials to keep incriminatinge-mail concerning virtually all the Clinton scandals away from investigators.

Josh Howard has his work cut out for him

Quote:
including the e-mails of top executives.

I do wish him luck though..... maybe he could get Sandy Berger and some of his pals from PRC to help him out.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With this rather benign offering, it looks like the NY Times is attempting to get on record as following the CBS story. However, after checking the print edition (at least mine), it appears that this is in the online edition only. The Times, according to their story, attempted to interview story principles as late as yesterday. However, it appears that today's focus in the NY Observer has prompted (shamed?) them into publishing what they deemed un-newsworthy as today's edition went to the presses last night.

Nor does it shed much light on the scandal, other than the fact that few involved are talking even to the Times.

Perhaps a modification of their banner? "All the news that we can't bury, we'll print."?

Quote:
Asked to Resign, 3 at CBS Hire Lawyers Instead
By JACQUES STEINBERG
NY Times
Published: February 16, 2005

More than a month after Leslie Moonves, the chairman of CBS, requested the resignations of three top journalists at the network who helped oversee a flawed report on the National Guard service of President Bush, they have yet to step down, two CBS officials said yesterday.

The journalists - Betsy West, a senior vice president for CBS News; Josh Howard, executive producer of the Wednesday edition of "60 Minutes"; and Mary Murphy, Mr. Howard's deputy - were asked by Mr. Moonves to resign on Jan. 10, the day he released the findings of an independent panel engaged by CBS to investigate the flawed report. The panel found that CBS News had rushed the report on to the air on Sept. 8 in a frantic bid to beat its competitors and had not worked aggressively enough to verify the documents on which the report was based.

Although the three journalists were relieved of their duties on the day the panel reported its findings, none had agreed to Mr. Moonves's request as of yesterday, according to two network officials who have been informally briefed on the situation.

A spokesman for Mr. Moonves, Gil Schwartz, declined to comment yesterday, as did John Siffert, a lawyer for Ms. West. Ms. Murphy did not return a message left at her home. Mr. Howard did not respond to an e-mail message. Asked in recent weeks about the status of the three journalists, representatives for Mr. Moonves have consistently refused to comment. Only recently, as the matter has grown more protracted, have others at CBS been willing to discuss what they have been told, and only then without being identified.

NY Times - cont'd

Last edited by Me#1You#10 on Wed Feb 16, 2005 4:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
nutcase
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 4:08 pm    Post subject: Onward and upward """PBS'''' Reply with quote

So , yes years ago I help one of their stations get off the ground..

Did the fund raising thing, talked to "olies" for $$$$

Put together the "antena" install for them.

But, But, I say,,,, they are in the "tank" underwater, they stink, they

are full time , HATE AMERICA,,, AND WITH MUCH "SNEAKING"

USE THE "LOONEY HOUR" WITH "MCLIAR" AND "GWEN AUFALL""

THEY DO THE TRICK WORD THING EVERY NITE,,,,

LAST EXAMPLE

THE "SLEEZSON JORDON" THING WITH "DAVIE GURGLE" etc..

the two lead's when it may be tough response for "us" make the

poor old man who should retire , take the heat..

Gurgen "gurgles" , well it was his first mistake,,,ect.

MOST CURRENT CRAP.,

LAST NITE 02/15/05 GWEN AUFULL ECT. HAVE A REPORT

ON "MEDICAL CARE IN IRAQ" lots of little lead in stuff,,,

THEN THE ATTACK,, THEY GO TO A "DOC" IN COLORADO

HE SAY,,,,

OH MY GOD HOW THE "BOYS SUFFER" HOW THE ARE IN PAIN

ITS WORSE THAN ANY THING I EVER SAW,,, I CRY STILL ON AND ON

ABOUT HOW,,,,, ITS ALL BEING "HID" BY THE ADMINSTRATION

SAME OLD EVIL CRAP

only thing is ITS OUR MONEY THEY USE PBS

STINKS AND WE SHOULD

MAKE CONGRESS CUT EVERY

DIME

NOTHING , ZERO
THAT IS ALL THEY UNDERSTAND

other than that ,, the telley tubby does not seem all the strange anyway
GenrXr

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scarborough is discussing the Observer article and how huge these developements are.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: