SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

re:CBS Poll: Kerry Still Losing Vet Vote to Bush

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Theresa Alwood
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 2:48 am    Post subject: re:CBS Poll: Kerry Still Losing Vet Vote to Bush Reply with quote

Found on Newsmax.com
CBS Poll: Kerry Still Losing Vet Vote to Bush

Military veterans still aren't buying into Sen. John Kerry's campaign sales pitch that his service in Vietnam qualifies him to be Commander-in-Chief, the latest CBS News poll shows.

The poll shows the Bush-Cheney ticket leading Kerry-Edwards by a margin of 48 percent to 46 percent, indicating that whatever bounce John Kerry got from adding Edwards to the ticket has now evaporated.
In more bad news for Kerry, Bush now leads him on four of six key issues, and Kerry has lost significant ground in all six issues over the last month.

On terrorism, Bush leads Kerry by a margin of 55 percent to 37 percent. [No "Fahrenheit 9/11" bounce for Kerry?]

On taxes, it's Bush over Kerry, 49 percent to 43 percent.

On Iraq, Bush leads 52 percent to 40 percent

On the economy, it's Bush over Kerry, 47 percent to 46 percent.

On education, however, Kerry has a slight lead over Bush, 45 percent to 44 percent.

And on health care, Kerry also holds an edge, 47 percent to 44 percent.
Worse still for Democrats, Americans give Bush higher marks than Kerry on an array of personal characteristics.

55 percent see him as the stronger leader; only 36 percent say that's true of Kerry.

64 percent see Bush as the more consistent of the two candidates. Only 24 percent give Kerry that title. [The GOP's flip-flop campaign apparently worked after all.]

46 percent see Bush as more honest; only 40 percent say that's true of Kerry.

Asked who will keep the country safer, again poll respondents picked Bush over Kerry - 54 percent to 38 percent.

Asked which candidate shares your values, 49 percent picked Bush, only 43 percent chose Kerry.

One of the few areas where Kerry maintains an advantage is on the question of who best understands the concerns of average Americans, where the Democrat leads Bush, 46 percent to 42 percent.

But in more bad news for Democrats, starting Thursday night, when the party officially nominates Kerry, he must comply with federal limits that cap his campaign expenditures at $75 million for the duration.

Kerry campaign spokeswoman Stephanie Cutter admitted on Tuesday that the budget constraints will force the Kerry-Edwards campaign to "go dark" for the month of August.

Meanwhile, the Bush-Cheney campaign will be able to advertise significantly throughout the summer - all the way to Sept. 1, when Bush is nominated.

At that point, public attention will be focused and Bush's post-convention bounce will likely enable him to sustain a significant lead in the polls throughout the fall.

Imagine that. LOL

We will start gaining ground on John Kerry and soon be passing it. Just keep sending the word out and letting our fellow vets find this sight and like me they will be coming home...that is how I feel on swiftvets. I can talk to people who understand me and not look at me like I am living in lala land!

Thanks all you guys who work so hard in making this home for us. Gives us a sense of peace that we are not alone!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: