SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Vietnam becomes even more politicized

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bengilkey
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 3:34 am    Post subject: Vietnam becomes even more politicized Reply with quote

I was reading the msnbc article about Kerry and his crew mates that are traveling with them. Are they really his crew mates? Who are they and did they serve with him? Does anyone know.

Heres what one of them had to say about kerry:
You know, there was a time when I never thought I’d see these guys again. A lot of our friends never made it home. We still miss them, especially on a night like tonight,” Rassmann said.
"Especially on a night like tonight", Thats the phrase that pulled me in. Just sounds like "Yeah we miss you more when we can use you for politics".
Heres the link: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5552159/

Most Vietnam vets that I have talked to tell me that they think about it every single day. One guy told me that anything could trigger memories to start gushing. Why does it have to be politics for some?
I think they should be honored year round and not just before elections.

Flippity Flop and who does he pick as his running mate???
ASPB
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fairly exhaustive research has been done on this topic. 10, possibly 12 of these people served honorably with Kerry over a couple of brief periods. This does not include anyof his peers or superiors who are strongly opposed to him and are the founders of the site with the exception of two individuals. His peers and superiors are the founders of this site.

For those that you see on the stage, NONE, and I mean none served as a crewmember on either of his boats for a period exceeding 6 weeks (more or less) The core of this group were with him before most the combat action that resulted in his medals. 4 of them served with him from about 22 January '69 until 13 March '69; the medalgate period.

I don't know how many people you know that you've spent 6 weeks with, even in combat, that you would call a "brother" in the sense that these people are doing.

Tom

Last edited by ASPB on Fri Jul 30, 2004 4:28 am; edited 3 times in total
The bandit
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 3:59 am    Post subject: Re: Vietnam becomes even more politicized Reply with quote

bengilkey wrote:
I was reading the msnbc article about Kerry and his crew mates that are traveling with them. Are they really his crew mates? Who are they and did they serve with him? Does anyone know.

Nearly as I can tell only three of them were with kerry on more then a few patrols. I think guys like Fred Short only went out on one mission with Kerry. Were only talking around a dozen missions that Kerry participated in before he came home. They said Jim Rassmann served with Kerry, that was really misleading since he was Army and just happened to be on another boat that was on the water with Kerry's boat. Hard to believe anything these guys say....like initally Rassmann claimed he was sitting in the hatchway on Kerry's boat which was false. His explanation for this error was that it was a "long time ago" yet he has a photographic memory for names and dates of those he had served with.

These guys take cues from Kerry on how they recite their experiences. For a while they were spinning the story of Kerry killing a teen VC behind a hooch out of sight, then when that story had the potential of raising addtional questions for kerry they then started spinning the story that Kerry had shot the guy in plain view for all to see pointing a B-40 at the beached swift boat. I got some prime beach front real estate to sell you in Arizona if you buy these guys story.

These guys are scripted to paint the most favorable picture of Kerry.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: