SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Prayer Request - Update
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DLI78
PO3

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MLB,

By the way, one of the medical doctors at my company who is among the top five people in the company had a brain tumor a few years back. when i first saw him he was freaky. Part of his face was paralyzed, and he had trouble talking.

Our boss had faith in him and Dr. M recovered from it. I don't know the details, of course, just that the reason he looked strange was a brain tumor. He overcame it, and I truly hope your niece will conquer her problems as well.
oasis
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

Matthew 7:7-8

(King James Version)

Public Domain

7 Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:

8 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.

When I was a boy..

I experienced God's miracles first hand in my life and here is one of them.

This sweater, was knit by Betty Karvoski, a Polish lady, that was inflicted with a paralysis so that she could not use her hands.

Daily, I would feed her. One day I changed a light bulb for her and got a shock. She said to me, "that is what I feel like all the time."

One day my mother took her to church, an evangelist was visiting.

He prayed for her in Jesus name and she was healed.

This happened many years ago. The sweater looks mighty good.

This song my mom use to sing to me..

Supper Time

Keep The Faith!

Please donate to the.. RED CROSS
MLB
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Oasis - and everyone - for your kind and inspirational words. And even though I haven't acknowledged each of you individually - each and every one of your posts have been appreciated.

But - I just ran into something sick! It just made me so sick! I probably shouldn't even mention it - especially here - but I just have to, I'm so ticked off and sickened by it. I realize of course there are even much worse things which we learn of each day in the news - what with the evil acts of murdering terrorists and other wretchedness going on in the world.

But here I was - just minding my own business - feeling so appreciative of all your kind thoughts and prayers - and just wanting to find some cute thank you graphic to post - and so I did a search in Google Images - typed in thank you - and on page 5 - the 3rd image - wasn't sure what it was - so clicked it, and then clicked "see full-size image" and was horrified to see this poor dead cat - tortured dead cat it would seem (so don't look if you're squeamish). But darn! It just sickened me!

It seems no matter how much we would like to avoid the ugliness in this world - it still gets stuck our face anyway.

But I thank God there is goodness still - and people who love their fellowman, people with good hearts, and kind and tender feelings. And especially those who love and treasure country and freedom - above their very lives.

Goodness abounds in spite of sick and evil acts - large or small - and how wonderful will be the day when good finally triumphs and when we will beat our swords into plowshares, and our spears into pruninghooks and when nation shall not lift up sword against nation - and not learn war any more. And when the wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid - and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together - and a little child shall lead them. What a day that will be!

Anyway - Thank You All.

If you haven't met Fluffy - you'll want to visit:
http://www.k9fluffy.com/index.html
MLB
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 5:43 am    Post subject: Update Reply with quote

Update -

When I said our niece and her husband were in separate hospitals I was misinformed. That's what happens when you are told things through the family grapevine I guess. They are in the same hospital. Our niece is still in ICU in critical condition, but her husband is finally off the critical list and out of ICU and has been moved to his own room. He is now able to visit his wife so they wheel his bed up next to hers so he can spend time with her. The hospital says this is the first time in their history that a couple has been hospitalized (both admitted near death on the same day) for separate illnesses. Auto accidents - yes - but nothing like this.

And - as it turns out our niece and her husband knew of her brain tumor (though apparently had not told family yet) but the doctors were not concerned at that point because it was small and they didn't expect it to change so rapidly.

Anyway - when our niece's husband became so ill with headaches that she took him to the hospital, she complained of having worsened headaches herself while there - so they ran a scan and discovered her tumor had grown dramatically and was about to burst so had to do emergency surgery, saying if they hadn't she would have been dead in a matter of hours (I didn't even know tumors did or could burst).

At any rate - "mi esposo" took Grandma up to the hospital today and they were able to see both our niece and her husband. I couldn't go as I am sick with some nasty cold and they don't need my germs. I'm told our niece's husband is very weak and that he says, though he has improved, he can tell he has a long way to go to recover. And though our niece still cannot speak and can do little in the way of movement or communication on her own (heavy meds on top of it of course) the doctors say her vitals are stabilizing and she is responsive and doing well. I'm told her color is very good. Of course - the least things are exhausting and she appeared to be sleep while they were there, but the doctors said if she wasn't asleep she could hear them so said to talk to her - so they hugged and kissed her and talked to her in case she was more aware than they knew.

This sounds like it will be a long road for them both - but they are in good hands.

Thank you all again - God Bless
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the update. God does work in mysterious ways - it seems like the husband became seriously ill at just the right time - to save her life!
MLB
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rdtf wrote:
Thanks for the update. God does work in mysterious ways - it seems like the husband became seriously ill at just the right time - to save her life!

I think so too! Even the hospital described it as miraculous. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: