SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bush/Cheney bumper sticker sent man into road rage

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 1:14 pm    Post subject: Bush/Cheney bumper sticker sent man into road rage Reply with quote

from Drudge:

http://wfts.com/stories/2005/03/050309driving.shtml

Police: Bush/Cheney bumper sticker sent man into road rage
an ABC Action News report 03/09/05 - updated 6:16 p.m.

TAMPA - A Tampa man is out of jail after a possible road rage incident that gives new meaning to the term "driving left of center."

Nathan Winkler, 31, was arrested overnight and charged with aggravated stalking for allegedly terrorizing a mother and her two children.

According to police, Winkler pulled up alongside Michelle Fernandez as she was headed south on Armenia and began beeping his horn and flailing his arms, pointing at her. Fernandez, meanwhile, could not see Winkler's face because of a handmade sign in his window that read, "Never forget Bush's illegal oil war murdered thousands in Iraq."

"Apparently, this starts over political views or bumper stickers. She had a Bush/Cheney sticker on the back of her car. There's just no excuse for it to escalate to what it did," observed Tampa police spokesman Joe Durkin.

Winkler apparently grew more agitated as they continued to drive along, allegedly trying to run Fernandez's car off the road several times over the next few miles.

The 34-year-old grew increasingly concerned for herself and her two children in the car and called 911. Action News obtained recordings of those calls, in which the fear in her voice is evident.

No one would answer the door at Winkler's South Tampa home.
"Look, he's trying to run me off the road," she is heard telling the 911 dispatcher. "Look at him. You [censored] idiot! Whatever, you moron! Get away from me."

"I was blowing my horn at someone because I'm running stop signs and everything to get away from him," she added later.

But investigators say even that did not stop Winkler from pulling in front of Fernandez and forcing her to stop. As he tried to run up to her car, she drove away and was headed to police district headquarters when she finally managed to lose Winkler.

Cops caught up with Winkler at his home not long afterwards, where he reportedly blamed Fernandez for starting the altercation by making an obscene gesture. He was booked into jail on a charge of aggravated stalking, but was free by morning on $2,000 bond.

Back at home Wednesday morning, Winkler declined to answer the door. From inside, a female voice told Action News that the incident was simply a "misunderstanding" with another driver.

Fernandez, meanwhile, could not be reached for comment.
Jerald L. Parsoneault
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Back at home Wednesday morning, Winkler declined to answer the door. From inside, a female voice told Action News that the incident was simply a "misunderstanding" with another driver.

Apparently the woman inside the house is a "master of the understatement." This so called "misunderstanding" could have resulted in serious injury or even death. I think some jail time is in order.

Nalt
oasis
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

The people that vandalized the GOP HQ during the Presidential election are still out there. This guy's friends and his back ground needs to be investigated.

GOP HQ in CA. VANDALIZED

I agree with some jail time for this man. If he had pulled this on someone with a concealed weapon I can imagine what would have happened.

Please donate to the.. RED CROSS
Fphamm
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oasis wrote:
Hello,

The people that vandalized the GOP HQ during the Presidential election are still out there. This guy's friends and his back ground needs to be investigated.

GOP HQ in CA. VANDALIZED

I agree with some jail time for this man. If he had pulled this on someone with a concealed weapon I can imagine what would have happened.

Unfortunatly, if that had happend the person with the concealed weapon would of been at fault, especially if that person legally could carry and was in fear of his/her life.....
blue9t3
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gun control has its upside!------use two hands, squeeze dont pull! Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: