SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Volcano Cam

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 3:08 pm    Post subject: Volcano Cam Reply with quote

Here's a jpg (which will refresh, i believe) of the Mt. St. Helen "Volcano Cam"...

kman
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was yesterday's "burp". The plume only reached 36K feet. Can't wait to see a big one Smile.

Here are LIDAR images of the lava dome growing.

Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like it's active again today...
AMOS
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 5:25 pm    Post subject: I swear........ Reply with quote

I swear I saw an image of Hitlary in one of those.............or was it the Old Battle Axe? Thankfully it was above the waist.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
This was yesterday's "burp". The plume only reached 36K feet. Can't wait to see a big one

Trust me, as one who was here, about 50 miles south of it on May 18, 1980, I'd rather not see another big one Laughing Wink
RogerRabbit
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LewWaters wrote:
Quote:
This was yesterday's "burp". The plume only reached 36K feet. Can't wait to see a big one

Trust me, as one who was here, about 50 miles south of it on May 18, 1980, I'd rather not see another big one Laughing Wink

As another Oregonian nearby - I second that motion. Let the saintly lady just hiccup it away
kman
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RogerRabbit wrote:
LewWaters wrote:
Quote:

As another Oregonian nearby - I second that motion. Let the saintly lady just hiccup it away

Oh stop whining Very Happy. We (Angelinos) entertain you guys with our earthquakes, mudslides, riots and overall depravity. The least you can do is let the lady cook off for the camera. Oh and during the daytime please Twisted Evil.

Kurt
blue9t3
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kman, I will trade you one good mountain blow-up, with lava, for a soggy mudslide or a brushfire, throw in a riot or an earthquake! Wink
kman
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blue9t3 wrote:
Kman, I will trade you one good mountain blow-up, with lava, for a soggy mudslide or a brushfire, throw in a riot or an earthquake! Wink

Deal! I know just where to put it Twisted Evil.

Buuuuuuut, if you can't move the mountain, can you please keep a cork in it till I get the family up there this Summer? We only made it as far north as Crater Lake last year in our volcano tour (Shasta, Crater Lake, Lassen). Love to get em further north this year. EVERYONE should see Deception Pass in Washington--and take the Boeing factory tour.

Hey, from what I've been reading, the Three Sisters Volcano is the one you guys should REALLY be worried about. This is the radar interferogram of the area. Target-like returns with bullseyes (showing uplift) are, well, REALLY BAD Shocked.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: