SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dick, drop that rod (Cheney)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kate
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 3:07 am    Post subject: Dick, drop that rod (Cheney) Reply with quote

on the lighter side

http://www.usnews.com/usnews/politics/whispers/articles/050321/21whisplead_2.htm

Dick, drop that rod
Quote:
Those fish-lovers at People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals have added Vice President Dick Cheney to the public figures on their most-wanted list. Just a few weeks after they asked former President Jimmy Carter to turn in his rod and reel, they are urging Cheney to give up fishing. "We hope," says PETA's Karin Robertson , "that you will agree that tormenting these sensitive animals is a pastime that belongs in the past." Cheney, a famed Jackson Hole, Wyo., angler, wouldn't comment.

GM Strong
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of our better known leaders ought just call the nuts what they are, KOOKs and Whackos. About two years ago there was a story on PA opening day about some trout fishermen accosted by some petafolk. The whackos ended up joining the trout in midstream. Wet, cold and unhappy, they retreated and did not return. That's what they need.
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about Kerry when he looked ridiculous in the hunting getup? What about those poor geese?! Cool

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rdtf wrote:
What about Kerry when he looked ridiculous in the hunting getup? What about those poor geese?! Cool

Oh yes thanks for posting that Rdtf! What about that????? Hmmmmmmmmm.....what is good for the goose is good for the gander.....Hah! Those hypocrites! Sad I am sure as you are that they are all liberals! Twisted Evil
Uisguex Jack
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OH Kate thanks so very much for this story.

I gave up hunting over thirty years back as I don't enjoy it. Occasionally I enjoy fishing. I do however adamantly support the rights of all hunters and fisherman to do as they see fit, as long as it's legal. One of the foundations of America is that the common man has the same hunting rights as anyone. In England only the Aristocracy had the privilege and legal right to hunt.

My neighbor is a adamant 'animal rights' whack job who hassles me beyond reason to thwart hunters on my farm. I rent out hunting rights to cover losses to property tax. The neighbor is a passionate fisher, catch and release.

For years I've been saying, what's worse shooting the goose or the deer dead, or hooking it on a line and slowly reeling it in, only to set it free to enjoy the experience yet again.

This is the first reference I've seen anywhere as to the animal rights whack jobs not liking fishing. Very useful information for my bag of tricks.
wwIIvetsdaughter
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you think those PETA wackos slap at mosquitos that bite them or do they say "Dearest Mosquito, please drink my blood and I promise not to blame you if I get West Nile virus or Malaria, but rather the real culprit, the evil Bush administration." Twisted Evil
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aren't vegetables also living and breathing things? They have sap running through them and grow, so they too must have a life. Will they eventually get down to the point we can't even eat that?

I love it when PETA ninnies shout out, "Heart attacks are God's Revenge for eating his animals." That's when I just smile and refer them to the Bible and Genesis 9:3 "Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things."

Maybe these morons should try reading their Bibles before trying to quote them? Laughing
USAFE5
PO2

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 5:56 am    Post subject: Peta versus Peta Reply with quote

I belong to the other Peta - People Eating Tasty Animals.

I don't eat fish but that doesn't mean others can't.
Tanya
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carrots Have Feelings Too Laughing

http://www.authorsden.com/visit/viewarticle.asp?AuthorID=8395&id=11682
GoophyDog
PO1

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LewWaters wrote:
Aren't vegetables also living and breathing things?

Yes Lew, they are. Unfortunately this can be proved simply by looking at the election board in Washington Sad

Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: