SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

9/11 family member wishes to thank you all

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Has swiftboats.com helped you decide whether John Kerry is fit to serve as Commander in Chief?
yes
91%
 91%  [ 21 ]
no
8%
 8%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 23

kend414
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 4:27 pm    Post subject: 9/11 family member wishes to thank you all Reply with quote

As a 9/11 family member, (I lost my little brother Craig, WTC TOWER2 89th fl.) I apologize for taking Veteran's Day and Memorial day for granted in the past. My family had my brother's memorial service on Veteran's day and so thanked all that attended and all who served. I teach my children the importance of service and of country and of honor. We visited the Vietnam memorial as well as the nation's capital. I grew up with the thought that Viet vets were druggies,crybabies,losers who fought halfassed. I blamed the Gov't for tying our hands behind our backs. I never realized who or where that negative stereotypical mental image came from. War protesters for sure but having read Wintersoilder testimony of Kerry before the congressional hearings, I realize it was KERRY who is responsible for so much of that. And now , after admitting he was a war criminal, now he wants to be a war hero? Incredible audacity.
I am so changed by 9/11/04. Growing up, I believed ALL politicians were crooked so there was no sense in voting.I was never affiliated with a political party although I heard rumors that the Republican party was the rich man's party and that the Democrats were for the working man. Even as I look back I realize the difference in the parties shift from the right,left, moderate slants. I believe the Democrats are hijacked to the left. I admire many Democrats, but they are either dead or pushed aside and abandoned by their party. I welcome them to the republican party.I wanted to thank you all for your service and devotion,commitment during the Vietnam war as well as NOW.
Once again you are responding when your country is in need of you.
Mr. John O'Neil, I watched the debate you had with Mr. Kerry back in the early 70's. Again I watch your dogged persistence to bring out the truth, for the brothers you served with. I had my daughter sit and watch your plea on CSN. I asked her to listen carefully and look into your eyes as you spoke. At the conclusion, I asked if she believed you or if anything you said or did made her suspicious. Her answer,"No dad, that man is totally honest. He even said, he's never been involved in politics and when asked in years past by Kerry's opponents, he's always refused. He's doing it to warn the American people. I believe he is correct in informing the public.
As Clinton took to the stage during the DNC, I told my daughter that Clinton was the most revered of all Democrats, a man whose law license was taken away for 5 years for mis conduct. Who as a President was impeached. I man who should be ashamed to show his face and yet who the democrats give a standing ovation. A man guilty of lying to the american public numerous times, a man taking advantage of a much younger girl for sexual purposes, IN the Oval Office, a man who sells the Lincoln bedroom to his own Guests, whose caught removing items from the White House and yet there he is, their hero. I explained that is why they are, underneath the phoniness, are the bad guys. The friends of the Democratic party asked people to volunteer for the Republican National Convention and then, after they are trained in their function,at the last moment, not to show up for their assigned tasks. I asked my daughter, "They are asking those whom they are expected to care about(their own members) to do something that will not only hurt their opposition BUT bring shame onto themselves. " I asked if she thought that I would ask her to do something to my adversary that would ruin her reputation as a sincere, reliable, hardworking person. "Of course you wouldn't dad! You CARE about me and my future". Smart girl. Would you think anyone who did that is a good parent or leader? Of course not. One thing I wish to ask you guys as I see it as a problem. The band of brothers who take the stage with John fonda Kerry, Where exactly did they serve and are they ALL the guys from his boat? People watch the DNC and see them and figure he has the troops he served with support. While I pass the opportunity for them to make up their own minds by offering swiftvets.com website, still I'd like to know what the relationship they have with Kerry. The last time Kerry stood before the American people he claimed he represented 100,000 of his fellow veterans. He claimed he as well as many others were war criminals. He offered imposters the last time. I want to know exactly the war records of these so called band of brothers Kerry parades onstage with him. Sorry for the long post, but I'm so terribly emotionally involved in this election. This will be my first time voting. I will be bringing many to the booths that I have helped to register for the first time. We are ALL with you guys. Mr. Opportunistic IS NOT FIT TO SERVE.
The writing is on the wall America. Choose your future wisely. I apologize for the long winded post.

Last edited by kend414 on Fri Jul 30, 2004 10:55 pm; edited 2 times in total
wshhml
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 7:27 pm    Post subject: Your great post Reply with quote

Powerful post. Very well said. 9/11 should have taught us many lessons but it is apparent many on the left are pushing hate and division. I was disgusted by Kerry having trashed the President throughout his speech with lies and masquerading his full Vietnam and Senate record, he then had the audacity to take a shot at the President and tell him not to go 'negative' and 'nasty'. I do not want to see terrorists celebrating on November 3 and you know they will be if Kerry gets in. I'm sorry to hear of the loss of your brother on 9/11. God bless.
Fphamm
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This web site has only reinforced my opinion of the liberals, fortunatly with this web site, and my family, the decision on who to vote for is a no brainer, George W. Bush.

I too am sorry for your loss...
kend414
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys on here restore my faith that America still has fight left in her! Too many cower from controversy or confrontation. DEBATE! DEBATE the ISSUES but remember, we are all Americans and should protect it's values regardless whose party is in power.( I know it's hard) Always fight injustice. Always fight the moral fight while maintaining dignity. If at the end, we must lose, never ,ever be stripped of your honor or your dignity. Challenge the questionable! Fight for America and the principles she holds dear. And remember, Freedom is NOT free! John O 'Neill is a new hero to me. I admire his tone and his sincerity. and thank you all for your condolences.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very eloquent letter. Thank you for offering your thoughts.

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss - and you might already know that you are not alone. So many of us sat for days, glued to the news stations and mourning and praying for the victims and their families and friends.

It's a loss to us all - even though we as individuals may not have known a single person who was lost that day, or in the attack on the USS Cole, or the Khobar Towers or the African embassies - we feel the loss.

We finally feel the hatred directed at us and we know that this is a war that we must fight and win.

Thanks again for speaking out so powerfully.
coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW that was tough to get through.

It isn't about WMD's It isn't about Saddam. It is about creating a democracy in the heart off the terrorist world. From their democracy will grow. Eventually Muslim children will no longer be indoctrinated with Jihad hate. The cold war took over 45 years to win many anti military types did not believe it could be won and thought we should of stood down to the soviets.

We will not stand down even if they land another blow that kills millions of innocent Americans.

Just like the cold war we will persevere and win.

If you got a better plan please share it with us.

"Peace is our Profession"
Strategic Air Command - Motto

USAF 75-79 Security Police
Theresa Alwood
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow...is right. I'm sorry just does not seem to say enough...but I think you should understand how 09-11 changed America...it stood still for that day!

I did not take the poll question...because I had already made up my mind way before swiftvets. I love swiftvets because it gives me the chance to express the way I feel about my country without being ashamed as the liberal press tries to make you feel. I had made up my mind about voting for President Bush because although I may not agree with him 100% I do see a man who says what he means and mean what he says. That says a lot to me. My father always told me respect is something you earned. President Bush earned that respect. John Kerry just earned my contempt!
kate
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kend414 my thoughts are with you and yours for the loss of your brother

as for Vets supporting Kerry -- there are 26 million vets in our country, 8 million of them are Nam Vets

so if Kerry boasts of 100,000 Vets -- well the math speaks for itself
coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kate wrote
Quote:
100,000 Vets support Kerry -- well the math speaks for itself
Out of the 100,000 how many are aware of the 70'-72' Kerry record? And for the ones who are aware of 70'-72' Kerry my heart aches for their empty souls. I am not a Vietnam vet and I can not fathom how any veteran of any era supporting Kerry after what he has done. So now do the math.

"Peace is our Profession"
Strategic Air Command - Motto

USAF 75-79 Security Police
NYCnative
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kend. I'm sorry for your loss. Thank you for heartfelt letter. It was very moving.

I work for the FDNY now, but in 93 I worked for a private company who responds to the scenes of fires for the NY Board of Fire Underwriters. We ended up helping in the evacuation of the WTC the first time. I thought my country was doing everything it could to keep us safe. I was wrong.. I also made up my mind a long time ago, to support Bush. I voted for Clinton and then Gore. I was so embarressed by the "chad" fiasco that I decided then to give him a chance.

After 9-11, I couldn't have been more proud of an American President as I am of Pres. Bush. The left don't seem to care that Iraq was probably THE most important country to take down in the war on terror. That country was one of the worst offenders in the financing and harboring of terrorists. One of the maggots involved in the 1st WTC bombing lived in Baghdad! Saddam was a weapon of mass desctruction.

Swiftvets keep up the good work! My thanks also to every person who has served and those serving now. God Bless America, God Bless President Bush.

"Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof." -Inscription on the Liberty Bell
sniper
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 9:16 pm    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Kend, I have been a lurker on this list for long enough. THANK YOU! That was certainly the most powerful thing I have read for many a moon.

Though I may not be in love with GWB, I am sure as hell not stupid enough to vote for the fraud!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: