SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Calling All Marines
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
waltjones
PO2

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 1:18 pm    Post subject: Calling All Marines Reply with quote

An Insult To All Marines

The picture on the cover of John Kerry's book The New Soldier resembles the scene depicted in that famous photo of the Marines raising the flag on Mt. Suribachi. I believe that VVAW and Kerry were deliberately mocking that symbolically important event. It is apparent that the most beloved and reproduced photograph in American history - one that helped inspire our soldiers, sailors and Marines to victory in a tough campaign for our very existence and can now be found in every Marine Corps boot classroom - never made much of an impression on John Kerry, and that is still true to this day. If not, he would have apologized for such a grave insult to his country, to all who fought in WW2, and to all United States Marines. I call on all veterans, but especially ALL Marines, to avenge this insult by ensuring that John Kerry not only loses in November, but loses so badly that his political career is destroyed. That's my mission; how about you? Semper Fi! Walt (USMC ’65-’69)

Last edited by waltjones on Fri May 14, 2004 8:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
blackfrancis
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 1:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Calling All Marines Reply with quote

waltjones wrote:
An Insult To All Marines

The picture on the cover of John Kerry's book The New Soldier resembles the scene depicted in that famous photo of the Marines raising the flag on Mt. Suribachi. I believe that VVAW and Kerry were deliberately mocking that symbolically important event. It is apparent that the most beloved and reproduced photograph in American history - one that helped inspire our soldiers, sailors and Marines to victory in a tough campaign for our very existence and can now be found in every Marine Corps boot classroom - never made much of an impression on John Kerry, and that is still true to this day. If not, he would have apologized for such a grave insult to his country, to all who fought in WW2, and to all United States Marines. I call on all veterans, but especially ALL Marines, to avenge this insult by ensuring that John Kerry not only loses in November, but loses so badly that his political career is destroyed. That's my mission; how about you? Semper Fi! Walt (USMC ’65-’69)

two key words there : "I believe"

"I believe the sky is green." -does not make it so.

you are free to believe what you will. If you want to know why that photo was used, why not ask instead of operating on what you think it means?

...just sayin' Shocked
academicanarchist
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 1:29 pm    Post subject: Famous Photo Reply with quote

That famous photo was actually staged, was a re-enactment. I have a friend whose father was a navy pilot during WW ll. One day he was ordered to ferry a certain photographer from one carrier to another. It was the guy that took the famous photo, and he gave my friend's father one of the prints in the sequence of photos. She gave me a copy, which I am looking at right now. The original will go to the Smithsonian.
waltjones
PO2

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 1:31 pm    Post subject: I believe ... Reply with quote

Have you seen the picture? I'll be happy to get it for you; your incredible point that the picture may not represent what I said leads me to believe you might not be capable of finding it yourself. BTW, I said "Calling all Marines"; they'll know exactly what the picture represents, and I believe if they vote for the man whose name is above it, they will dishonor themselves and the Corps. Thatisall ....

Last edited by waltjones on Fri May 14, 2004 1:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
academicanarchist
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 1:33 pm    Post subject: Mr. Jones Reply with quote

There are many copies of the photo in question. The photographer shot several dozen separate shots of the re-enactment.
academicanarchist
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply to Mr. Jones Reply with quote

"Read Flags of Our Fathers, you blathering idiot." In response to your response sent to my private mail box, the incident did take place. The photographer was not present and staged a re-enactment. On another note, I would not refer to you in the same terms as you did to me.
blackfrancis
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 1:38 pm    Post subject: Re: I believe ... Reply with quote

waltjones wrote:
Have uou seen the picture? I'll be happy to get it for you; your incredible point that the picture may not represent what I said leads me to believe you might not be capable of finding it yourself. BTW, I said "Calling all Marines"; they'll know exactly what the picture represents, and I believe if they vote for the man whose name is above it, they will dishonor themselves and the Corps. Thatisall ....

don't patronize someone you know nothing about.

in your own post you used the words I mentioned: "I believe"

you are free to believe what you wish.

including the belief that you can claim to represent "ALL" Marines.

you also state that you believe they will dishonor themselves and the Corps by voting for kerry.

were that life so black and white, and not so many shades of grey.

(p.s. I scold my child whenever she makes an all inclusive statement, for it is most likely not so.) Shocked
Marine's Wife
PO3

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 1:41 pm    Post subject: Calling All Marines Reply with quote

I'm not a Marine,but I'm married to one,and have a Marine grandson in Fallujah. You can count on this very large FAMILY to do everything possible to see that Kerry won't win. He is NOT FIT TO BE COMMANDER of ANYTHING!!
academicanarchist
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 1:45 pm    Post subject: To Marine Wife Reply with quote

Given the current President's own track record, there are also many who feel the same way about him. Bush, Sr. did not try to avoid service during WW ll, despite the fact that his father was a U.S. Senator. The current president used his Dad's political connections to avoid service in Viet Nam. I will also add that there were other prominent politicians who in recent years did the same.
blackfrancis
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 1:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply to Mr. Jones Reply with quote

academicanarchist wrote:
"Read Flags of Our Fathers, you blathering idiot." In response to your response sent to my private mail box, the incident did take place. The photographer was not present and staged a re-enactment. On another note, I would not refer to you in the same terms as you did to me.

nice that they elevate the discussion. I can only imagine what terms you were referred to in a private e-mail. that's why I don't post an e-amil, so they have to keep it on the boards.
blackfrancis
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 1:48 pm    Post subject: Re: To Marine Wife Reply with quote

academicanarchist wrote:
Given the current President's own track record, there are also many who feel the same way about him. Bush, Sr. did not try to avoid service during WW ll, despite the fact that his father was a U.S. Senator. The current president used his Dad's political connections to avoid service in Viet Nam. I will also add that there were other prominent politicians who in recent years did the same.

good point. Shocked

you can count on my very large family as well to vote for Kerry, and often Razz
carpro
Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 2:17 pm    Post subject: Re: To Marine Wife Reply with quote

academicanarchist wrote:

I told ya. It's personal...not about Bush.

While I may understand Walts indignation about the picture, my real question is...WHERE'S THE BOOK?

I wanna read it. Maybe we should ask Kerry to use some of his wifes millions to republish it.

Think he would?
ROTC DAD
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

waltjones,

Whether you choose to believe me or not (I'm pretty sure not), the photo of which you speak was in fact staged. The original photo was by a completely different photographer and did not have the impact the military pr people wantsed, so they staged a re-enactment.

National Geographic did a whole series on this. It's not like we're making this up.
ROTC DAD
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

waltjones,

Whether you choose to believe me or not (I'm pretty sure not), the photo of which you speak was in fact staged. The original photo was by a completely different photographer and did not have the impact the military pr people wantsed, so they staged a re-enactment.

National Geographic did a whole series on this. It's not like we're making this up.
waltjones
PO2

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 2:48 pm    Post subject: Where's the book? Reply with quote

carpro and Marine's Wife:
It has been hard to get, and Kerry doesn't want it republished, even though it's selling on Ebay for lots of bucks. There are large excerpts AND the picture at www.wintersoldier.com. That site, if you read the Incoming section (scroll down), has info on how to obtain e-mail or CD versions of the entire book - at least until Kerry's lawyers shut 'em down! I've ordered a copy, and it will be available to anyone who wants it for free. All Marines MUST see the cover of Kerry's book. Note that wintersoldier is the absolute best source of info on Kerry's betrayal of his comrades and his treason; they are trying to help restore the reputation of the Vietnam vets that Kerry trashed. Please let me know in a private post if you (or anyone) have trouble finding the book with it's despicable cover; I'll be happy to help you out. Semper Fi (especially applicable at this time!)

P.S Kerry owes all Marines (at a minimum) an apology for this; think we'll get one?
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: