SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hanoi Jane Rides Again
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hatecelebs
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 12:20 am    Post subject: Hanoi Jane Rides Again Reply with quote

http://www.vdare.com/malkin/050405_hanoi_jane.htm
RogerRabbit
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The least said about her the better - she deserves no press
GM Strong
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jane, get over yourself. You are not hot stuff anymore. Most of us detest you. Without genuine repentance you get no consideration. Go contemplate your navel.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

She's only regretful that she got caught sitting on the anti-aircraft gun. If not for the photographs circulated widely, she wouldn't even regret that, is my guess.

I WILL FORGIVE JANE FONDA
WHEN THE JEWS FORGIVE HITLER

Wing Wiper
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya gotta love Michelle Malkin. Hanoi Jane ain't pulling the wool over her eyes. Very Happy
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couldn't resist posting these. We should never forget.
From http://vikingphoenix.com/public/CelebrityFiles/TurnerandFonda/JaneFonda/jfonda_gallery.htm

tony54
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jane you have a lot of blood on your hands, you sold your soul to the Devil, you and John got your five minutes of fame, but the Devil waits patiently for your souls.
Life is but a blink of an eye, but Hell is for eternety.
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thought you all might find this interesting (although dissapointing to see Henry Fonda's name mentioned)

http://www.richmond.edu/~ebolt/history398/UnsellTheWar.html

Quote:
Unsell The War Campaign

In 1971, a twenty-year-old political science major at Yale began what became a corporate protest against the war. Ira Nerken missed the first broadcast of CBS Reports "The Selling of the Pentagon," which was a report on public relations efforts by the Department of Defense. The portion which caused the most controversy was Roger Mudd's focus on the Defense Department's special interpretation of the war (it was right) and the Cold War. Evidence cited for selling of the war included tours by the Thunderbirds, Green Beret demonstrations, public speeches by colonels in the army, and films.

Nerken read about the post-broadcast controversy and decided that the war could be "unsold" to the American public. After talking about some of his ideas with an instructor at Yale, the instructor introduced him to David McCall, president of a large advertising agency in New York and one who must have been waiting for an opportunity to express publicly his own antiwar feelings.

The collaboration which followed, and the print and electronic ads which resulted, represented what historian Mitchell Hall calls "moderate antiwar activism."{1} Neither Nerken nor McCall had previously used confrontational tactics, and ad-man McCall insisted on accuracy and good taste. "Unsell the War" ads appeared in newspapers, newsmagazines, and on radio and television. The campaign also ultimately involved Clergy and Laymen Concerned (CALC), another peace organization, and over 300 writers, artists, directors, and producers from almost 50 ad agencies -- all of whom wanted an end to the war. Those coordinating the effort estimated that over $1 million in time and expenses were donated to the first-stage effort to "unsell" the war. One technique used was the Apple Pie television spot. Uncle Sam served pie to Americans representing students, labor, blacks, senior citizens, and others. The largest piece went to a general, who put his cigar down and quickly ate the pie. The message at that moment was: most taxes "pay for wars past, present, and future."

In 1972, the Unsell campaign entered a second phase, with another million dollars in time and talent being donated. Even some limited billboard advertising began, and California ad agencies and actors got more involved in this presidential election year. Henry Fonda was one of the actors brought into the campaign. Other peace organizations also joined in the Unsell campaign. Following Nixon's re-election, however, the Unsell campaign ended almost as quickly as it had begun. Historian Hall tries to measure the campaign's impact on public opinion and concludes that its major impact was in helping produce more pressure (and letters) on Congress to stop the war (by setting a specific date for withdrawal). The campaign also received a Clio Award (the ad industry's Oscar) for the Apple Pie television ad.

{1} Mitchell Hall, "Unsell the War: Vietnam and Antiwar Advertising," The Historian, 58,1 (1995), p. 72.
blue9t3
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw Hanoi Jane on letterman last night. She said m/l she was duped to take the photos and didnt realize she was doing it? Yea Right, the checks in the mail! She was trying to save hundreds of thousands of poeple, to bad it wasnt our guys. She was hawking her new book, her picture on the book cover looks like a 30 year old, the hag spent the whole interview trying to hide he wrinkled up neck. Twisted Evil
mtboone
Founder

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What everyone misses I think, is when Hanoi Jane did this 1972, troop strength had dropped from over 500,00 in 68 and 69 to 24,200 at the end of 1972. The US was getting it's political cowards; PC as it is called today, ass out of VN. She was just preaching to the choir and the was the US government and the left wing part of this Nation. Forgive, never but I will always remember her and the likes of her.
blue9t3
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey MT, be sure to enlighten us if you hear of any book signings? I want to be the first to thank her worthless ---! Shocked
gmez2001
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mtboone wrote:
What everyone misses I think, is when Hanoi Jane did this 1972, troop strength had dropped from over 500,00 in 68 and 69 to 24,200 at the end of 1972. The US was getting it's political cowards; PC as it is called today, a** out of VN. She was just preaching to the choir and the was the US government and the left wing part of this Nation. Forgive, never but I will always remember her and the likes of her.

"What everyone misses I think, is when Hanoi Jane did this 1972, troop strength had dropped from over 500,00 in 68 and 69 to 24,200 at the end of 1972".

This is a date(72) for those criticizing GW to remember and a time our favorite hero JF Kerry was conveniently calling for a withdrawal. Fonda,Kerry,MSM and Uni profs have done so much damage to this country it will take decades to patch things up.

Certainly would like to know if she'll be in my town for a book signing, I've got an hear full for her. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At my forum one of my members suggested she donate the proceeds of her book to the Vets....she is too greedy for that!

Hanoi Jane is still riding her broom stick I am afraid and will always be a witch.....imho. Twisted Evil
d19thdoc
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is all from the Left’s revisionist playbook post 9-11.

Most people alive today did not live through the 70’s and have no personal recollection of these traitors. Some may know a sound byte here and there. An image, those photographs, carry as much information as most are likely to know. So the photos make an easy target for a self-serving statement by Fonda. This conveniently ignores a career, spanning years, of anti-American and anti-military activity.

Like Kerry, this pathetic, dysfunctional woman did not just protest the war, she switched sides. The video of her screaming “Liars!” during one of the endless number of demonstrations, when asked about the torture reported by recently repatriated American POWs, says it all. Her statements about the virtues and desirability of communism say it all. The transcripts of her propaganda broadcasts from Hanoi, aimed at American troops in the field in war time, aimed at undermining their duty to country in war time, says it all. Becoming a prominent part of a wartime enemy’s psychological warfare operations says it all.

Saying she regrets one small, highly visible and transparently treasonous episode, out of dozens, perhaps hundreds, of similar and worse episodes, says nothing so much as “hypocrisy” and “self-serving posturing.”

This nauseating display of intellectual dishonesty makes me cringe as much as those in the MSM who attempted to cover for Kerry during the campaign make me cringe. They always and only referred to his anti-war activities in terms of his “testimony before a Senate committee,” as if that was the one and only thing he ever did to besmirch his service, my service, and our country’s security in war time.

It is no wonder this woman has suffered self-destructive behavioral addictions, serial promiscuity masquerading as marriage, sexual degeneracy and the inability to relate to anyone even remotely normal. She has no idea who she is and what her place in reality is. The worst part of it is the suck-up attitude of the MSM toward her, as if she is some sort of admirable personality. That says more about the MSM than it does about anything else.

I cannot forgive her, but I can feel sorry for her, for her sickness and her almost desperate floundering around for some retroactive validation. I guess going that far, at least for me, is progress.

If she had any sense of dignity she would stay quietly in the background, doing good as far as she is able, without publicity. But maybe she now needs the money.

What I really cannot forgive, however, is that my country, to which I offered my life if it was required, turned its back on me and on hundreds of thousands of us who served with honor in Vietnam, by allowing this woman and countless others to do what they did without the least hint of justice ever getting near them. Hell, they even nominated one of the worst of them for President! And now it has started again, in ways small and not so small, against our defenders on the front lines in this new war.

The little, incremental “rehabilitations” of Vietnam veterans in the public mind, a formulation even more insulting than the original defamations, is just too little, too late. The damage has been done, and cannot be undone. But for God’s sake, the very least we can do now, as a people, is to repudiate these left-over, has-been traitors.

When, oh when, will the people of the United States stand up to these domestic enemies?
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

d19thdoc wrote:
This is all from the Left’s revisionist playbook post 9-11.

Most people alive today did not live through the 70’s and have no personal recollection of these traitors. Some may know a sound byte here and there. An image, those photographs, carry as much information as most are likely to know. So the photos make an easy target for a self-serving statement by Fonda. This conveniently ignores a career, spanning years, of anti-American and anti-military activity.

Like Kerry, this pathetic, dysfunctional woman did not just protest the war, she switched sides. The video of her screaming “Liars!” during one of the endless number of demonstrations, when asked about the torture reported by recently repatriated American POWs, says it all. Her statements about the virtues and desirability of communism say it all. The transcripts of her propaganda broadcasts from Hanoi, aimed at American troops in the field in war time, aimed at undermining their duty to country in war time, says it all. Becoming a prominent part of a wartime enemy’s psychological warfare operations says it all.

Saying she regrets one small, highly visible and transparently treasonous episode, out of dozens, perhaps hundreds, of similar and worse episodes, says nothing so much as “hypocrisy” and “self-serving posturing.”

This nauseating display of intellectual dishonesty makes me cringe as much as those in the MSM who attempted to cover for Kerry during the campaign make me cringe. They always and only referred to his anti-war activities in terms of his “testimony before a Senate committee,” as if that was the one and only thing he ever did to besmirch his service, my service, and our country’s security in war time.

It is no wonder this woman has suffered self-destructive behavioral addictions, serial promiscuity masquerading as marriage, sexual degeneracy and the inability to relate to anyone even remotely normal. She has no idea who she is and what her place in reality is. The worst part of it is the suck-up attitude of the MSM toward her, as if she is some sort of admirable personality. That says more about the MSM than it does about anything else.

I cannot forgive her, but I can feel sorry for her, for her sickness and her almost desperate floundering around for some retroactive validation. I guess going that far, at least for me, is progress.

If she had any sense of dignity she would stay quietly in the background, doing good as far as she is able, without publicity. But maybe she now needs the money.

What I really cannot forgive, however, is that my country, to which I offered my life if it was required, turned its back on me and on hundreds of thousands of us who served with honor in Vietnam, by allowing this woman and countless others to do what they did without the least hint of justice ever getting near them. Hell, they even nominated one of the worst of them for President! And now it has started again, in ways small and not so small, against our defenders on the front lines in this new war.

The little, incremental “rehabilitations” of Vietnam veterans in the public mind, a formulation even more insulting than the original defamations, is just too little, too late. The damage has been done, and cannot be undone. But for God’s sake, the very least we can do now, as a people, is to repudiate these left-over, has-been traitors.

When, oh when, will the people of the United States stand up to these domestic enemies?

Very well put. A&E had her Biography on tonight. I didn't watch it, but the promos had her explaining a problem she has in becoming what a man wants her to be, and now she goes it alone, as not to lose herself. Said something like now she'd rather be alone and 100% herself instead of with someone and be half herself. Although I can sympathize what a young and obviously fragile woman susceptible to Hayden's manipulation may have encountered, I still say it's an unforgivable crime and she should continue to pay for the rest of her life. She might have a reason, but in my book not an excuse.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: