SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

We Have a World Record!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PhantomSgt
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 12:43 pm    Post subject: We Have a World Record! Reply with quote

I was adding up all the prayers said today and I think we hit a couple of Billion or more with the events unfolding in Rome and in churches, synagogues and mosques all around the world.

Can you imagine who attended this funeral; at least one representative from every religion in the world? God must have heard this prayer fest and is really smiling now. Satan on the other hand must be feeling like he is losing his grip on our souls.

We witnessed two miracles today after the Pope’s death.

1. The gathering in Rome was the largest funeral ever and was a miracle unfolding before our eyes. Overnight the population of Rome tripled.

2. As the service was read I saw Kings, Queens, Presidents, Jews, Persians and Arabs lowering their heads in prayer for a Christian Pope. This would never have happened if it were not for the great unifier, Pope John Paul II.

This should guarantee instant Sainthood.

Cool Cool Cool

Independent that leans right of center.
RogerRabbit
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, and I also believe very strongly that GWN (II) was ery instrumental in awakening a lot of people arond this world
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The strangest thing happened when I got up this morning - I turned on the TV at 6:15 am and the cable seemed to be out. Black on all channels except 2 of them, both local channels, one a Comcast local news all day channel and the other CBS- and both had the funeral on. At first I was ticked becasue I wanted to be able to switch around to catch the traffic/weather but I got over it. I tried a few times and it was still out. At the precise time the funeral ended, right before 7am EST, I decided to switch around and see and sure enough it was working again. Makes me wonder if Comcast did this on purpose (out of respect?). I never have believed in coincidences!
Uisguex Jack
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The strangest thing happened when I got up this morning -

Me too. I randomly woke up well rested at 3:00 A. M. Turned on the T.V. just in time to see the coverage begin.

I am no Catholic and the Pope John Paul is deffinatly a Saint, I don't care what religeon you are.
tony54
PO2

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being a Roman Catholic my whole life, (born and raised in Italy)
my family always believed in miracles.
Many of my friends sort of believed, but they had doubts.
Watching this event on TV had to make believers out of a whole lot of people.
And that may be a miracle in itself, no matter what religion they are,
if enough people in the world were to start practicing what Pope John Paul preached his whole life, this world would be a much better place for us all.
PhantomSgt
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry I may have underestimated the number of prayers by a few billion. The TV numbers are coming in and it is truly staggering.

Cool Cool Cool

GenrXr
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 5:23 am    Post subject: Re: We Have a World Record! Reply with quote

PhantomSgt wrote:
I was adding up all the prayers said today and I think we hit a couple of Billion or more with the events unfolding in Rome and in churches, synagogues and mosques all around the world.

Can you imagine who attended this funeral; at least one representative from every religion in the world? God must have heard this prayer fest and is really smiling now. Satan on the other hand must be feeling like he is losing his grip on our souls.

We witnessed two miracles today after the Pope’s death.

1. The gathering in Rome was the largest funeral ever and was a miracle unfolding before our eyes. Overnight the population of Rome tripled.

2. As the service was read I saw Kings, Queens, Presidents, Jews, Persians and Arabs lowering their heads in prayer for a Christian Pope. This would never have happened if it were not for the great unifier, Pope John Paul II.

This should guarantee instant Sainthood.

Cool Cool Cool

Wonder though, how much of this has to do with that rascal GWB going all over the world kicking ass as opposed to the Pope telling us not to militarily intervene. I found it interesting that many world leaders in attendance are currently under threat of uprisings within their own countries due to GWB's policies as opposed to pacifism. The Pope is a truly great man who has served humanity in countless ways, yet it is America which is willing to use the sword to guarantee freedom.
PhantomSgt
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some people gain a Title and do nothing with it to better the world around them. Pope John Paul II gained the following Titles and used each of them to promote peace and the teachings of Christ around the world.

The full title of the Pope is: Bishop of Rome; Vicar of Jesus Christ; Successor of Saint Peter, the Prince of the Apostles; Supreme Pontiff of the Universal Church; Patriarch of the West; Primate of Italy; Archbishop and Metropolitan of the Province of Rome; Sovereign of the State of Vatican City.

The Title he wore with the most pride is not listed above; "Holy Father" was his favorite.

Cool Cool Cool

DLI78
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not a Catholic and I really don't agree with some basic tenets of that religion. But I agree that if that church is going to make any new saints in the near future, Pope John Paul II should be on the short list.

I remember that church had a few popes before him in my lifetime. Didn't even flicker on my radar screen. But this guy went all over the world. He had a consistent message, moral certainty, and righteousness.

We've lost a good voice in the world. I hope the cardinals pick a worthy successor. Heck, I hope all future popes are measured against PJ II's standards.

It is fitting that his farewell had such an enormous turnout and coverage.
PhantomSgt
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lotsa_Static wrote:
I'm not a Catholic and I really don't agree with some basic tenets of that religion. But I agree that if that church is going to make any new saints in the near future, Pope John Paul II should be on the short list.

I remember that church had a few popes before him in my lifetime. Didn't even flicker on my radar screen. But this guy went all over the world. He had a consistent message, moral certainty, and righteousness.

We've lost a good voice in the world. I hope the cardinals pick a worthy successor. Heck, I hope all future popes are measured against PJ II's standards.

It is fitting that his farewell had such an enormous turnout and coverage.

For one day we were all Christians as we bid farewell to Pope John Paul the Second.

People forget that all forms of Jewish, Christian or Muslim religions began with an exodus from Egypt by a ragged group of slaves led by one of their own. Where did the message Moses brought down from the mountain get lost along the way?

Giovanni Palao Santo (Saint John Paul)

Cool Cool Cool

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: