SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kerry Sends Legion of Lawyers to Monitor Pope Vote

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RogerRabbit
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 1:34 pm    Post subject: Kerry Sends Legion of Lawyers to Monitor Pope Vote Reply with quote

http://www.scrappleface.com/MT/archives/002153.html
Quote:

by Scott Ott

(2005-04-0Cool -- U.S. Senator John F. Kerry, D-MA, America's leading Roman Catholic politician, today reassured fellow Catholics that he would dispatch a "legion of lawyers" to Vatican City to monitor the election of the new pope.

"While I never let my faith interfere with my politics," said Mr. Kerry, "I have a duty to make sure that my church doesn't impose a litmus test -- religious or otherwise -- on the papal candidates. If the Cardinals were to elect another extreme, dogmatic conservative, we would know that all of the votes have not been counted."

Mr. Kerry said his coalition of attorneys have already prepared a variety of challenges that they plan to file in the International Court of Justice at the Hague.

"Catholics deserve a transparent process, open to all candidates regardless of ethnicity, creed or sexual orientation," Mr. Kerry added. "I'm not alone in this effort. A number of international Catholic politicians have privately said they're behind me."

GM Strong
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We haven't heard yet whether Jimmuh is going to be present to monitor the election. The Carter Center has not returned calls.

Kofi Annan was on vacation and could not be reached.

Last edited by GM Strong on Sat Apr 09, 2005 6:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Prayer:

Please God, give us another "extreme dogmatic Conservative."
Amen!!
“I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.” (Thomas Paine, 1776)
carpro
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 3:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Kerry Sends Legion of Lawyers to Monitor Pope Vote Reply with quote

RogerRabbit wrote:
http://www.scrappleface.com/MT/archives/002153.html
Quote:

by Scott Ott

(2005-04-0Cool -- U.S. Senator John F. Kerry, D-MA, America's leading Roman Catholic politician, today reassured fellow Catholics that he would dispatch a "legion of lawyers" to Vatican City to monitor the election of the new pope.

"While I never let my faith interfere with my politics," said Mr. Kerry, "I have a duty to make sure that my church doesn't impose a litmus test -- religious or otherwise -- on the papal candidates. If the Cardinals were to elect another extreme, dogmatic conservative, we would know that all of the votes have not been counted."

Mr. Kerry said his coalition of attorneys have already prepared a variety of challenges that they plan to file in the International Court of Justice at the Hague.

"Catholics deserve a transparent process, open to all candidates regardless of ethnicity, creed or sexual orientation," Mr. Kerry added. "I'm not alone in this effort. A number of international Catholic politicians have privately said they're behind me."

Is Jimmy Carter the lead "monitor" of the election process while Kerry and his lawyers look out for disenfranchisement?
Navy wife
Research Director

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh my, doesn't this sound familiar? Just like all those famous "foreign leaders" who said they wanted him to be President??

Quote:
A number of international Catholic politicians have privately said they're behind me

I am not a Catholic, but somehow I can not see the Vatican going along with Kerry!

Navy Wife
srmorton
PO2

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this article for real? If so, Kerry has more delusions of grandeur
than I thought he had!
Tom Poole
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps Sheila Jackson-Lee and Eddie Bernice Johnson (Texas Democrats) would like the UN to monitor the Vatican to ensure they don't cheat. After all they proposed it to ensure Silky Poodle wasn't cheated.
I B Squidly
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sue,
Scrappleface should be added to your daily read. It offers geat comic takes on the news each day and provides welcome relief.

-Wlm Shakespeare
GM Strong
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott Ott is clever. many of his parodies are so well done, they can be mistaken for reality. Sometimes the parody sounds more sane. Scott scores again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: