SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"We're going to use Terri Schiavo later on," Dean

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
becca1223
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 1:27 pm    Post subject: "We're going to use Terri Schiavo later on," Dean Reply with quote

Democratic National Committee Chairman Howard Dean said Friday that his party would wield the Terri Schiavo case against Republicans in the 2006 and 2008 elections, but for now needed to stay focused battling President Bush on Social Security.

article here: http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-na-dean16apr16,1,3183716.story?coll=la-headlines-politics&ctrack=1&cset=true

I knew it wouldn't be long before Howard started his abuse on Terri, God rest her soul!

Howard Dean, what a disgrace! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone else notice the missing outrage over this, as was on the errant memo?

I too have intentions of bringing this matter up in the next Senatorial elections. I intend to post and spread around Patty Murrays email to me where she is in disagreement with what was tried to help Terri and to compare that to her earlier introduction of legislation to help abused women.
kate
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I intend to post and spread around Patty Murrays email to me
Lew, I saw your email posted on a freeper thread about this Dean article Wink

~snip from the LA Times article
Quote:
Democratic National Committee Chairman Howard Dean said Friday that his party would wield the Terri Schiavo case against Republicans in the 2006 and 2008 elections, but for now need to stay focused battling President Bush on Social Security.

"We're going to use Terri Schiavo later on," Dean said of the brain-damaged Floridian who died last month amid a swarm of political controversy after her feeding tube was removed.

Dean, who has previously called congressional intervention in the Schiavo case "political grandstanding," singled out House Majority Leader Tom DeLay, R-Texas, for his leading role in the matter.

"This is going to be an issue in 2006, and it's going to be an issue in 2008," Dean told about 200 people at a gay rights group's breakfast in West Hollywood, "because we're going to have an ad with a picture of Tom DeLay saying, 'Do you want this guy to decide whether you die or not? Or is that going to be up to your loved ones?'"

Dean, a physician before his political career burgeoned, added: "The issue is: Are we going to live in a theocracy where the highest powers tell us what to do? Or are we going to be allowed to consult our own high powers when we make very difficult decisions?"

the new face of the Dem Party...so pathetic. Further in the article he says he has "purposely avoided stressing the Schiavo case in recent weeks, because Democrats need "message discipline." LOL and Howie is the one to give it to them?
Tanya
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Making Sense

Killing Terri
by Michael Reagan

March 24, 2005
Thursday

"Democratic national chairman Howard Dean is on the stump trying to convince red state voters that his party has values. This leads me to ask if one of those values the Democrats supposedly champion is the death by starvation of Terri Schiavo. Is this the way they seek to prove they are the party that cares about people?"

http://www.sitnews.us/Reagan/032405_reagan.html
RogerRabbit
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tanya wrote:
Making Sense

Killing Terri
by Michael Reagan

March 24, 2005
Thursday

"Democratic national chairman Howard Dean is on the stump trying to convince red state voters that his party has values. This leads me to ask if one of those values the Democrats supposedly champion is the death by starvation of Terri Schiavo. Is this the way they seek to prove they are the party that cares about people?"

http://www.sitnews.us/Reagan/032405_reagan.html

I'm willing to bet that if they do use it - it will be a detriment to them
GM Strong
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure Howie. Three things that will attract mainstream Americans. Abortion on demand, assisted suicide, and euthanesia. Sounds like a culture of death platform to me.
Schadow
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This comment on the matter by John Hinderaker of PowerLine blog:

Quote:
Dean's characterization of the issues involved in the Schiavo case is of course twisted beyond all recognition. But his comments bring two thoughts to mind. First, I very seriously doubt that the Schiavo case will be an issue either in 2006 or in 2008. Second, why is it it that when a minor Republican staffer wrote that the Schiavo case was a "great political issue," it was a scandal that was reported in every newspaper in America, whereas, when the Chairman of the Democratic National Committee says, "We're going to use Terri Schiavo" in the 2006 and 2008 elections, the response is a yawn? I'm sure there must be a reason why Dean's comment is different, but offhand I can't think what it is.

Dean has a unique ability to put his foot in his mouth, from which the Republicans will continue to reap benefits as long as Dean holds his present position.

More evidence (as if we needed any) of total the corruption of the MSM.

Schadow
Tanya
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://releases.usnewswire.com/GetRelease.asp?id=45987

To: National and City Desks

snip
"Mr. Dean, I don't know about you, but the decision whether or not to kill Terri Schiavo is not "difficult." Apparently you don't know a murder when you see one. Morally speaking, she was murdered, and being with her at her bedside during her last hours, I saw the terror on her face and the agony of her death. You are right when you say this will be a campaign issue in 2006 and 2008. But you and your fellow Democrats will be sorry that you made it one."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: