SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Quiz: How Did Kerry Earn a Silver Star?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How Did Kerry Earn a Silver Star?
Beached his boat during an ambush
8%
 8%  [ 2 ]
Shot a wounded kid in the back
29%
 29%  [ 7 ]
Destroyed a bunch of rice
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Did nothing that justified a Silver Star
58%
 58%  [ 14 ]
Must have been something brave, but no idea what
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 24

The bandit
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 10:07 am    Post subject: Quiz: How Did Kerry Earn a Silver Star? Reply with quote

Test your Kerry Knowledge here.
Marine4life
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the reason that he got it, he deserves a trial for war crimes. Beached his boat and put his crew at risk, then shot a wounded, unarmed and retreating enemy in the back. He won the silver cowards award with me!! Semper Fi.
carpro
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've read everything I can find about this award including Doug Reese's recitation about everything Kerry told him.

Based on other Silver Star award citations I have read, Kerry's is absolutely the weakest. Embarassed

I'm still not ready to accuse him of murder in this instance.
Bill Levinson
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 5:21 pm    Post subject: Kerry's medals Reply with quote

Marine4life wrote:
Beached his boat and put his crew at risk, then shot a wounded, unarmed and retreating enemy in the back.

I'm not sure that's a war crime: an enemy who is running away (as opposed to one who is trying to surrender) is a fair target as far as I know. Beaching his boat against orders is another matter, of course.

I've stated elsewhere, though, that we should avoid arguing over whether Kerry deserves his medals. We can go back and forth with this with his supporters until Doomsday (or Election Day) and make no progress. There is PLENTY wrong with Kerry that his supporters cannot defend himself and we should argue our strong points.

http://www.stentorian.com/politics/genghis.html "Hey, hey, Genghis K! How many villages did you burn today?" Genghis John (Kerry)
ASPB
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He has the awards. We all know that. But for us it is open game because he has failed to release those parts of service record that would provide history as how the awards were recommended, processed, and approved.

In effect, were they self-recommended? Were they rushed to approval for political reasons? Are the accounts of events by other participants in the actions consistent with the as yet undisclosed documentary eveidence and final citations and with Kerry statements about the events?
Ardvaark1965
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 4:38 pm    Post subject: What about the crew on the boat? Reply with quote

What did the men get out of it? Probably a letter signed by Kerry and placed in their folders????
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ASPB wrote:
Were they rushed to approval for political reasons?

...'nuff said.
MarineBrat
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, Kennedy looks just like Jack Nicholson's character in "The Shining". Twisted Evil

...["Johnny isn't here Mrs. Kerry."]
ASPB
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 6:40 pm    Post subject: Re: What about the crew on the boat? Reply with quote

Ardvaark1965 wrote:
What did the men get out of it? Probably a letter signed by Kerry and placed in their folders????

On the day he got the Silver Star for a minor firefight?

2 Bronze Stars with Combat "V" and 3 Navy Commendation Medals w Combat "V".

Nobody wounded, no boat damage, and one local VC shot in the back.

There were other VC killed during the action but no reports that they were killed by Kerry or his crew that I can find.

Ist class bribery and creative writing (and filming) by Kerry is what I think.

Bandit, Hows goes your work on 28 Feb?
DougReese
Former Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marine4life wrote:
For the reason that he got it, he deserves a trial for war crimes. Beached his boat and put his crew at risk, then shot a wounded, unarmed and retreating enemy in the back. He won the silver cowards award with me!! Semper Fi.

Don't let your prejudice get in the way of objectively commenting on what happened.

First of all, you don't know that he was unarmed or shot in the back. But regardless of whether he was or wasn't shot in the back and/or unarmed, let me say this:

I can't imagine any combat soldier who was in the same situation (assuming they had the presence of mind to get off the boat) doing any differently --- Not a one.

Remember -- that guy wasn't alone. The was a lot of shooting going on, some of it a moment before by this same VC.

I don't care if he had a weapon or not. I don't care if he was wounded or not (he was, but just slightly). I don't care if he was shot in the back or in the face. What happened is what happens in war, and it was totally proper.

No, it doesn't happen in movies or TV shows. But in real life, in that situation, that guy is going to get shot.

It was not even remotely close to being a war crime..

Doug
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Admin note:

To the forum:

Please remember to keep responses in this forum directed towards issues rather than personalities. I have asked the moderators to delete the entire content of posts that contain personal attacks.

If you feel you are unable to comply, I would suggest that you archive any lengthy post containing flames as it won't remain in the forum for you to edit.

Thanks in advance for your co-operation.

Admin
arjr111
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 7:30 pm    Post subject: War Crime? Reply with quote

Quote:
I can't imagine any combat soldier who was in the same situation (assuming they had the presence of mind to get off the boat) doing any differently --- Not a one.

Remember -- that guy wasn't alone. The was a lot of shooting going on, some of it a moment before by this same VC.

I don't care if he had a weapon or not. I don't care if he was wounded or not (he was, but just slightly). I don't care if he was shot in the back or in the face. What happened is what happens in war, and it was totally proper.

No, it doesn't happen in movies or TV shows. But in real life, in that situation, that guy is going to get shot.

It was not even remotely close to being a war crime..

Guess what Doug says may be debatable, maybe it was or wasn't a war crime. Certainly does not sound like Sliver Star bravery no matter how you call it!
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems I remember a lot of complaining, on the mainsewer media, in the past few months because one of our guys was filmed shooting and killing a wounded Iraqi soldier who was down.

To be fair, why didn't they demand he too receive a Silver Star? Or, at least a Bronze Star, since he was enlisted?
The bandit
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DougReese wrote:

That is a reasonable conclusion. However I think anyone else who was involved in the same situation would present a clearer and more truthful account then Kerry and his crew has.

You know, these accounts like kerry chasing a VC, catching up with him and then either shooting him behind a lean-to, or as he stoped, turned around and pointed his RPG. To make Kerry's story all that more fraudlent, we have witnesses such as you state all this activity hppened within 30 feet of the swift (recall you claim the body of the VC was only 30 feet from the boat.) Boy that is a lot of running and chasing alright.

You'd think the about time it took for Kerry to jump off the swift and for Meridos to grab a M-60 from the crowded back of the swift and gets off to set up a fire position to cover Kerry that dink would been 100 yards or more away into the jungle by then. And if he is wounded and on the ground within such a short distance why not just pull a .45 side arm and finish him right then and there! But that isn't as exciting of a story as a chase.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: