SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

4/23 A DATE WE LOST AN HONORABLE MAN

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 8:10 pm    Post subject: 4/23 A DATE WE LOST AN HONORABLE MAN Reply with quote

FROM JOE OLIVER, HOUSTON TX.

I was proud to have gotten to know Col. Guy, not as well as I would have like to as he left our world too soon.

If you want to know more about Col. Ted Guy, Do a Google.. you will find out he lived by the code of honor plus
his own code of honor, above and beyond. But that was Col.. and the one thing I loved him for, as when he went for
it - there was nothing that could prevent his success. He was a man of action and not a "mouth" and made much
transpire concerning our missing in action and prisoners of war.

This is my memorial card to those who knew and loved him and his family.

http://www.soft-vision.com/we-remember/

There is nothing at the site but the Memorial, a memorial you are free to take and put on
your website if you so choose. There are no ads or branding, it's generic..filled with feelings
for a mans man, Col. Ted W. Guy.
(you can also read up on col. guy by clicking the link at the bottom of this page)
kate
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks powsnmias, for reminding us....

on the anniversary of his passing

In Memory Of Colonel Ted Guy
April 18, 1929 — April 23, 1999
Quote:
Colonel Ted Guy took a journey several years ago. A journey, thank God, few men had to take and hopfully one which few men will ever have to take again. This journey took place in a far off land. It included two countries. It was a walking journey from a country called Laos to a city called Hanoi in another country called Vietnam. Colonel Guy spent several years as an American POW in the Hanoi Hilton.

Today, April 24th., 1999, Colonel Guy took another journey. This will be his last. He has gone to be with his maker and his fellow brothers whom he fought so very hard for to get a full accounting of. His MIA brothers. I'm sure they were standing in line at attention and saluting for his "Welcome Home".

Ted Guy (aka "The Colonel") has been a voice among the POW/MIA cause for several years. His voice is one which has been heard from within the beltway of Washington, to American citizens via the internet, to Military leaders and personnel all over the world and into all the hearts of all those who knew him.

Because of this voice, he was loved and most probably hated (by those in Washington I'm sure) but most importantly he was respected. When Ted spoke we all listened. He was a mentor to many of us.

Ted, we will keep up the fight until every last MIA is home.

God Bless you brother and friend. You will be missed but never forgotten. For a man who had such a deep love for his country, please know that your country has just as deep a love for you.

Hanoi Hilton
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: