SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

McCain Wants Kerry To Stop Looking Ahead

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 2:24 pm    Post subject: McCain Wants Kerry To Stop Looking Ahead Reply with quote

This is a hoot!!! The pot calling the kettle black!!
Quote:
McCain wants Kerry to stop looking ahead
By Noelle Straub
Friday, May 6, 2005 - Updated: 04:29 AM EST

WASHINGTON - Straight-talking Sen. John McCain wants his friend Sen. John Kerry to ice his ``obvious'' desire to run for president again and focus on his day job.

``It's pretty obvious, the way he's acting, he'd like to try it again,'' the Arizona Republican said of a 2008 Kerry bid.

``I'd advise him to be the best senator he could be and put those ambitions aside for a while.'' McCain said he ``absolutely'' wants to be president himself but will focus on the Senate and ``wait a couple years'' to decide on a 2008 run.
Assessing Kerry's odds in the June issue of Men's Journal, McCain said, ``I think it would be difficult for John, for the same reason it's hard for all candidates who don't succeed.''

He said he spurned Kerry's overtures last year to become his running mate. While the position ``was never officially offered,'' McCain said they discussed it during ``three chats'' despite his being ``not interested from the beginning.'' Asked why Kerry continued to pursue him, McCain said, ``You'll have to ask him that.'' McCain, who campaigned for President Bush last year, praised GOP efforts but added, ``I also don't think Kerry ran a very good race . . . At the Democratic convention, I can't tell you anything they did besides say, `Reporting for duty.' ''

Kerry spokeswoman Jenny Backus responded, ``It's always fun to watch Sen. McCain quarterback, especially when he was the captain of the Bush/Cheney team.'' McCain also predicted Sen. Hillary Clinton has ``a good shot'' at the Democratic nomination and that ``it would be a mistake to underestimate her.''

http://news.bostonherald.com/politics/view.bg?articleid=81928
“I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.” (Thomas Paine, 1776)
GM Strong
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Capt McQueeg needs to decide which party he belongs to and stop looking ahead. He also needs to avoid TV cameras.

Besides, both are still looking back. (_!_)

Last edited by GM Strong on Sat May 07, 2005 2:06 am; edited 2 times in total
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had McCain succumed to Kerry's siren call, he would have ultimately been treated with the same respect as Kerry's unearned decorations...meaningless window dressing on the chest of the ultimate narcissist/opportunist/fraud...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: