SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mark Fuhrman Probing Schiavo Case

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kate
Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 10:51 am    Post subject: Mark Fuhrman Probing Schiavo Case Reply with quote

Interview with Schindler family on Hannity last night, this book by Fuhrman was mentioned...although Hannity was rather tighted lipped about it.

Newsmax
Friday, May 6, 2005 11:02 p.m. EDT

Quote:
Mark Fuhrman Probing Schiavo Case

Famed detective Mark Fuhrman, whose independent investigation into the Martha Moxley murder led to the conviction of Kennedy-cousin Michael Skakel, is probing the Terri Schiavo forced starvation case.

"He spent a month on the ground in Tampa," revealed Fox News Channel's Sean Hannity Friday night. "He's talked to many of the principals involved investigating the case and he's coming out with a book."

Hannity said he personally contacted Fuhrman in March to suggest he probe a myriad of unresolved questions about Ms. Schiavo's condition, including a 1991 bone scan report showing that Schiavo suffered fractures sometime prior to being found unconscious in her home in Feb. 1990.

Schiavo's family has repeatedly said they suspect Terri's condition was the result of a violent fight she had with her husband Michael. Police never probed the case for evidence of assault because by the time the bone scan became public in 2002, the statute of limitations had run.

Det. Fuhrman's investigation would be the first to review the case for evidence of a possible crime.

"All I can say," the talk host told his "Hannity & Colmes" audience, "is that this is not over. Stay tuned."

Fuhrman's book "Murder in Greenwich" was widely credited with blowing the lid off the Moxley-Skakel case.

found the book on Amazon.com
Silent Witness : The Untold Story of Terri Schiavo's Death
by Mark Fuhrman
will be released on June 28, 2005

The Docs over at CodeBlue blog had been asking for Fuhrman to get involved too. Interesting..
srmorton
PO2

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was at a play last night until after 11:00 so I did not see Sean's show.
This is WONDERFUL news! I had been praying that Mark Furman would
get involved in this case, but I did not think that a book could be ready
to publish so soon. It just goes to show how easy the truth about this
travesty of justice was to discover with a little time and effort. With
Mark's reputation as a top investigator, this book should be a best
seller and Michael Schiavo and Judge Greer will be exposed as the
murderers they are. Thanks, Kate, for posting this!
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Kate!! Great news!!
I was listening to Hannity back in March when he interviewed the
Schindler's former attorney Pat ?? (I can't remember her name now).
She was telling how Terri's friend from work said on the Saturday before
she 'collapsed', Michael was extremely angry at Terri for spending money
at the hairdresser that day and how she tried to get her to come and spend the night at her
apartment. But Terri said no, she would just pretend to be asleep when
Michael came home from his night shift job.
In the morning was the 911 call.

Hannity asked her if she interviewed the paramedics. She could only find one,
and he said I'M NOT TALKING.
He asked about the police report, did she interview the officer. Pat said
he no longer lived in the area, and she could not find him.

That's when Hannity said, "You know, we should get Mark Furman on this.
Sweet baby, get a call in to Mark Furman, tell him I want to talk to him."

I thought "YES!!!!"
I listened the next couple of days, but Hannity never said any more.
Now we know why!! Furman's been on the trail.
He'll come out with the book, listing all the suspicious stuff he's found
so far, but he will keep on digging even if it takes a year, just like he did with
the Skakel case!!! In the meantime, Michael Schiavo and Judge Greer
will be suffering from nightmares!!

Please God, let there be justice for Terri.

BTW, anything yet on the autopsy report???
It's going on SIX WEEKS!!
Maybe the medical examiner is trying to figure out how to
finesse that, now that Furman is on the case!!
I'm sure that Furman has pulled the good doctor Throgmartin 's chain,
letting him know how interested he'll be in that report!!
“I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.” (Thomas Paine, 1776)
GenrXr
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have never been a big fan of Mark Fuhrman, but do acknowledge his great detective work. He is a very skilled and capable detective and most likely will dig the dirt.
rparrott21
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet revenge from beyond, if there was foul play involved..
kate
Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
He'll come out with the book, listing all the suspicious stuff he's found so far, but he will keep on digging even if it takes a year,
shawa,, hope that is what he does - keep on diggin - as it seems this book must be done, if it is already at the publisher (and the autopsy hasnt been released) So it's good to know that he perseveres!
GM Strong
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had Johnny Chochran not converted the OJ trial into a personality trial of Mark Fuhrman, OJ would be behind bars. He is an excellent detective with keen insight. If there is something to be found, he will. Michael Skakel knows.

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GenrXr wrote:
I have never been a big fan of Mark Fuhrman, but do acknowledge his great detective work. He is a very skilled and capable detective and most likely will dig the dirt.

This so true. He is an excellent detective. It is time someone dig into the real truth of what really happened to Terri Schaivo.
kate
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Preview from an interview on Hannity
Foxnews

What Happened the Night Terri Schiavo Collapsed?
Friday, July 01, 2005
Quote:

This is a partial transcript from "Hannity & Colmes," June 30, 2005, that has been edited for clarity.

Earlier today, Sean spoke with the parents of the late Terri Schiavo (search), Bob and Mary Schindler, and former LAPD Detective Mark Fuhrman about the night their daughter collapsed and Mark's new book "Silent Witness: The Untold Story of Terri Schiavo's Death."
(BEGIN VIDEOTAPE)

SEAN HANNITY, CO-HOST: Thank you guys for being with us once again. It's good to see you guys. And first of all, you read the book?

MARY SCHINDLER, TERRI SCHIAVO'S MOTHER: I did.

HANNITY: And your thoughts?

M. SCHINDLER: My thoughts were I am so excited that somebody is finally investigating what happened to my daughter.

HANNITY: And you want this to go further?

M. SCHINDLER: Absolutely.

HANNITY: Bob?

BOB SCHINDLER, TERRI SCHIAVO'S FATHER: I just thought it was a long time in coming. And in reading through the book, I think that Mark did an outstanding job of presenting factual evidence.

HANNITY: You start out in the book, and very early on you talk about the conflicting stories and how Michael testified he didn't see Terri the morning — they didn't have a fight.

MARK FUHRMAN, FORMER LAPD DETECTIVE: That Saturday morning on the previous day.

HANNITY: That's correct.
And so you go through a series of these issues. And you lay out six possible scenarios of what you think may have happened. Quickly, run through what you think may have happened then.

FUHRMAN: Well, you know, it goes from the least culpable or least damaging...

HANNITY: And that would be...?

FUHRMAN: Well, that she collapsed and Michael panicked, that he tried to render some assistance but he failed. He was embarrassed to say how much he did or how much he didn't do.
It goes, you know, progressively worse. He hears a thud, doesn't respond. They have an argument. He's stubborn, mad, doesn't care, whatever the situation.

It goes on from there that he actually witnesses it or is an argument and actually sees her having difficulty breathing with her heart, that she collapses and he doesn't render assistance.
Or they are in a physical altercation where she is accidentally or intentionally pushed. He falls on her.

There are so many scenarios that can account for the evidence we have. But 15 years later, without Michael ever having to account for that time before 5 and after 5, we have a problem here that it is a hypothesis and the hypothesis has got to be one of the six.

HANNITY: Do you want a grand jury? Do you think there's enough evidence to start a grand jury investigation into the case and into Michael Schiavo?

FUHRMAN: Absolutely. I mean, you have Michael Schiavo that can't seem to get anything right. I mean, you're either the village idiot or you're hiding something.

HANNITY: Then why the law enforcement — you know, and you go back and you were meticulous in every aspect of investigating this case, from the heart attack to the bulimia to the family background to the broken bones to the PVS state. You walk through the entire scenario in this case.

But you start in the beginning — the day she collapses. Walk us through that day and this time line. Walk us through how the police handled through. Walk us through and explain why these questions weren't asked in the beginning?

FUHRMAN: Well, you know, Sean, first thing is, on Saturday — Michael Schiavo, he works nights. Friday night he worked I think about until midnight. He sleeps in until 10 or 10:30.

Terri does the weekly shopping in the morning. When he gets up, he usually sees her. She went to a hair appointment, came back. Michael Schiavo will not commit, but he won't deny he saw her before she went to work. They had an argument.
There's two people that we can verify, Bobby and her friend, absolutely they had an argument that drove her to the point of being in tears.

HANNITY: Isn't this something the police would have been able to determine very early? Isn't this something they would have been able to, you know, ascertain quickly?

FUHRMAN: They asked. They asked, but…

HANNITY: Why didn't they follow up on it?

FUHRMAN: I want you to just imagine this, if we can fast forward at the emergency room, early morning hours of Sunday. Terri is fighting for her life. The police ask Michael a few basic questions: have you had any major arguments. Michael says no major ones.

At this time your wife is fighting for her life and here you're playing word games with the law enforcement officer asking questions about the collapse of your wife.

HANNITY: In all of that time though, why wasn't there somebody in the law enforcement community, because the police were called in earlier that night — and you write about this and that was the report — a 26-year-old girl in seemingly good health just collapsing.

Why wasn't there somebody that said, "Wait a minute; we need to go into this a little further?" Why wasn't there along the way anywhere, a detective or law enforcement officer that said, "We need to look at the inconsistencies here?"

FUHRMAN: Well, there should have been right there. I mean, Officer Brewer, he did have a rookie. It was at the end of their watch. They responded to this call because the fire department said something is unusual here, send a police unit. They asked a couple of questions. They waited for a toxicology to come back and make sure there were no drugs.

They looked at her physically and there was no visible signs of trauma. There was nothing on the CAT scan, so they just assumed there was nothing there and they left never to return.
There was no police investigation. The one follow-up question that should have been made, no major arguments, well, no major ones. What do you mean by that? Could you tell me about the minor ones? Did you have an argument yesterday?

HANNITY: About what her friends were saying?

FUHRMAN: Everything. There was no investigation done whatsoever, even at a later date. If I can come in 15 years later without a badge, search warrant powers or any subpoena power and be, you know, pretty much shunned by the people that you're actually focusing on the investigation, like Michael Schiavo and his attorney, if you can still reach conclusions from what depositions, trials, and statements to the police, even how minimal they were, you can imagine what a detective could have done 15 years ago.

HANNITY: Well, you bring up the detective side, but there's also a media side of this. Conventional wisdom, Bob and Mary, was that your daughter was bulimic. But she had lost her weight, what, about 70 pounds, how many years earlier prior to her collapse?

M. SCHINDLER: When she was 18.

HANNITY: And she was 26 at the time, so it was seven years earlier.

M. SCHINDLER: Right.

HANNITY: She was not bulimic?

M. SCHINDLER: No.

B. SCHINDLER: And we're being vilified for asking what happened to our daughter? We want to know.

HANNITY: You want a grand jury investigation?

B. SCHINDLER: Absolutely. Any parent would want to know what happened to their daughter.

HANNITY: Good to see you both again. Thank you.
M. SCHINDLER: Thank you.

HANNITY: Mark, congratulations on the book.

(END VIDEOTAPE)

Last edited by kate on Sun Jul 03, 2005 9:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Deuce
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just for the record, Mark Fuhrman appears on Fox as a paid 'Analyst', not a Detective, or Consultant....ie, appears he's actually reporting to Fox Management (ie, on salary??).

I could be mistaken, but that was his 'subtitle'. during the interview.

Deuce
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't read the whole book yet, but Fuhrman misses some important facets of the situation. (the incestuous ties between Schiavo-Greer-Felos-sheriff-Hospice, etc)

On the other hand, he sure lays out where and how law enforcement failed to catch the clues at the time of Terri's collapse. He describes how a detective could have gained much more information when interviewing Michael Schiavo during the first and then subsequent contacts.

There's a delay of 40-70 minutes between the time of Terri's collapse to the time of the 911 call. Should have been a huge red flag.

A police-style choke hold can subdue a person without leaving lasting marks on the necks. Held a little too long, it can cause exactly the kind of brain damage seen in Terri's case. Was Michael sitting around waiting for the redness on her neck to go away before he called paramedics? He had been observed applying such a choke-hold on his own brother, so certainly he had knowledge of how to perform such a motion.

His telling of multiple versions should have been a huge red flag. It's a detective's dream. The suspect continues to try to perfect his story.

And if Michael's contrary testimony at the malpractice hearing had been brought into her custodial appointment hearing, this whole thing might never have happened. Crying or Very sad

Terri wanted to LIVE, he said! He was going to take care of her for the rest of his life, he said! He needed that money to provide her therapy and try to help her regain some functions, he said!

He also testified that he didn't know what Terri wanted, that it hadn't ever been discussed. How is it that later he and his brother and sister remember that Terri had commented that she would "never want to live like that?"

Furthermore, I see people living in cardboard boxes and say, "I'd never want to live like that." I see people toting oxygen tanks and think, "I would not want to live like that." I wouldn't want to live alone and old - does that mean the courts have a right to kill me?

Does it mean that we just throw away people who have difficulties and challenges with which we can't imagine ourselves living?

This woman was murdered - maybe even twice.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: