SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Code Pink's anti-war protest at Walter Reed>every Friday

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kate
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 4:56 am    Post subject: Code Pink's anti-war protest at Walter Reed>every Friday Reply with quote

Many may not be aware that Code-Pink does an anti-war demo every Friday at Walter Reed Army Medical Center where many of the most severely wounded troops from the war in Iraq and Afghanistan are taken for continued treatment and rehabilitation.

The DC Chapter of the freepers have been doing counter-demos to the Code Pink group. It's outrageous for Code Pinkos to demonstrate at a hospital with war-wounded troops inside.

Bless the freepers for all that they do!

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1389728/posts
FReepers vs. Code Pink at Walter Reed (Round III and beyond)
Go to link above for latest AAR & pics.
there are links there to previous freeps at Walter Reed, and more pics

The Freepers are looking for help in the greater DC area, as they want to have a continuing presence against Code-Pink at Walter Reed.
Anyone in the greater DC area that wants to get involved, it doesn't cost a thing to join FreeRepublic Wink pass the info along...
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The VVAW did this same thing at hospitals back during Vietnam. It's all in the FBI files. How can this be legal? I don't give a flying leap about freedom of speech, boundaries are boundaries. Anyone that thinks that doing this behavior where wounded and limbless and dying folks are located need to have their heads examined. Seriously. Where is the disconnect? Brainwashed or not, something should kick in that says STOP! This is not right. And to ad insult to injury, those injured are that way for looney left pea brains like them.
kate
Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this past Friday May 6, Code Pink leader herself Medea Benjamin showed up at Walter Reed, with co-founder Gael Murphy

and the FReepers took them on! Many Pics, and audio at their AfterActionReport

FReepers vs. Code Pink at Walter Reed
(round IV w/ Medea & Murphy coming to our side)
Quote:
snip~
Several wounded soldiers and their wives and kids happened by and talked with us. They were quite happy that we were there to counter the Pinkos.

One soldier (see last photo), who suffered horrible, life-altering wounds in Iraq last fall, told me "you guys are our heroes" (i.e., the FReepers for coming out to counter the Pinkos).

I said, "No, you and your fellow soldiers are the true heroes. We're just out here holding up signs to support you true heroes. One of the FReepers has a tagline that she uses on all her posts bragging that 'My sons liberated all the Iraqi and Afghan honor students.' She has a son in the Army and another in the Marines." [That FReeper is ArmyMarineMom.]

I continued, "You and our other troops liberated the honor students of Iraq, all the students of Iraq, and the rest of Iraq. Words cannot convey the greatness, the honor, the sacrifice of your deeds."

He said, "Well, we do appreciate you being out here."

I had a nice chat with him and his wife. I thanked her also for her sacrifice, both when her husband was overseas and now as she helps him deal with his injuries. After talking with the Pinkos, "Americans in name only" as kristinn told Murphy, it was nice to finish with some real Americans.

Code Pinko Gael Murphy argues with FReeper tgslTakoma

kudos to the FReepers yet again!
it is obscene that these Code Pinkos are protesting outside a military hospital
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Outstanding! I do soooooo wish that I lived close enough to go even once a month to the freepers' counter-demonstrations. Out here close to the left coast, though... Sad

Way to go, freepers!
wpage
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OUTSTANDING work Freepers! Can't say what I would like to do to the pinkos. Might get into trouble of some sort.
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bravo Zulu to the FReepers. Job well done and ongoing !!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: