SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is the Huffington Post For Real?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GenrXr
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 4:18 am    Post subject: Is the Huffington Post For Real? Reply with quote

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/

Read this brilliant post by John Cusack,

Quote:
Went to Hunter S. Thompson’s memorial service in Aspen. The next day, we went to Owl Farm -- which remained untouched since Hunter’s death two weeks before. The sun was shining and gunfire echoed as friends and family gathered and shot targets on the lawn. Norman Greenbaum’s “Spirit in the Sky” booming. Books, notes, numbers, pills, bullets, totems and talismans everywhere. Outside his wife offered liquid acid to people in the driveway. In the kitchen where he took his life, a huge American flag overlooked his suicide. He was looking right at it.

Had no idea he was taught by way of the Socratic path . Pure brilliance of logic and reason of all things nothing.

Or check out David Mamet,

Wow this guy must have spent the past year coming up with this line,

Quote:
I understand that computers, which I once believed to be but a hermaphrodite typewriter-cum-filing cabinet, offer the cyber literate increased ability to communicate.

Bahhhh, can someone help me? I lost my Captain Crunch stupid de-coder ring. Read the rest for some thrilling convoluted thinking.

How about some hedonistic narcism, compliments of Tina Brown,

Quote:
10 Things I Learned at Topic A
My book deadline looms so I had to kiss goodbye to my merry little CNBC show Topic A last week, though we’ll still be on air till May 29th. I’ll miss wolfing the chicken salad in the green rooms on Friday with that strange ravenousness that descends after taping a show. Especially as I was usually sharing it with the most entertaining people I could bully to come out to Englewood Cliffs at 830 a.m. in gridlocked traffic. But after a year of A.D.D., I also had a huge hunger to be vertical for a while. You can take the girl out of print but you cant take print out of the girl.

Ten Things I learned at Topic A.

You go girl! It is all about you! Woot!

I have absolutely no clue as to Julia Louis-Dreyfus and Brad Hall's post. Maybe someone can decipher it. May need to call for a Napoleanic expedition of the Liberal stone on this one.

Ahhh another brilliant post, this one by Ellen DeGeneres,

Quote:
They Slaughter Horses, Don't They?
Here is something you might want to know:

Late last year, Congress did away with a 34 year old regulation banning the government from selling any of the 37,000 wild horses running free across America’s western plains. Since the new rule was adopted, the Bureau of Land Management has sold over a thousand horses to private parties. At least 41 of them have been slaughtered and turned into dog food.

Look here to learn more about this horrible state of affairs. And here if you want to become a part of the fight to repeal this odious law.

Galloping into the winner’s circle on this issue: Ford Motor Company, which recently stepped in at the last minute and saved 52 horses from being killed.

Is she for real? Do their minds actually work or is the switch turned off.

To be fair there are some well written articles on the site by some intelligent people, but for how long? I have a feeling when they see who they are sharing pixels with, the jig will be up for this ridiculous web blog.
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GenrXr
Why did you have to go and do that??? You dangled the bait!!
I have been hearing for weeks that Arianna was starting her own blog.
I said "Well that's a site I will never go to, she's such a Twaddling Twit."

I saw your post, "oh no, there it is."
Read your review, "yeah, the blog is just what I thought, I'm not going there!"
Then slowly my mouse is moving towards the link, pause, pause,
slow pressure on my index finger, and suddenly I'm there.
Scrolled the page, a lot of Twiddling Twats, joining the Twaddling Twit.
Escape!!! Phew!!! Never again!!
Quote:
the jig will be up for this ridiculous web blog.

I agree.
“I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.” (Thomas Paine, 1776)
GenrXr

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shawa,

I am amazed they did not hire professional writers to blog for them. They have no clue how they come across. But then again they have no connection to reality, so perhaps this is some sort of cathartic moment for them. I would love for all these celebrities to continue to blog on their own and let people see them for what they are. Would be cathartic for our country.
lonevoice
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Her blog is being seen as a failure so far. Many of the big names are disavowing any part of it. Read upon it here:

http://www.laweekly.com/ink/05/25/web-finke.php

If it's not a baby, you're not pregnant.
-me
GenrXr

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lonevoice wrote:
Her blog is being seen as a failure so far. Many of the big names are disavowing any part of it. Read upon it here:

http://www.laweekly.com/ink/05/25/web-finke.php

Well damn give them a few days at least so we can have fun with them. Smile
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michelle Malkin comments.

http://michellemalkin.com/
Quote:
THE HOUSE OF HUFFINGTON
By Michelle Malkin ·
May 09, 2005 07:18 AM

Pssst, did you hear? Arianna Huffington's new celebrity/grass-roots/pundit elite/progressive/whatever blog launches today. I'm informing you because, as the Huffers tell us, those evil, corporatist media meanies don't allow enough little voices to be heard. As Hollywood moonbat-turned-Huffington blogger Laurie David crowed: "The Huffington Post is going to balance the power out there that the media has had forever."

Hmmm. Now, where did I read David's statement? Oh, yeah, in the forever right-wing-controlled Washington Post. Which devoted its Style front-page to The Huffington Post and covered it ad nauseam. Like a gazillion of those other evil right-wing media outlets who keep stifling Arianna and her little people's voices.

Fercryingoutloud.

Unlike a lot of observers, though, I don't think Arianna's going to fail. Arianna is very good at what she does, which is to collect people like curios and throw sprawling house parties for them--parties that attract never-ending hordes of looky-loos simultaneously bemused and repulsed by the grand spectacle of obsequiousness and megalomania dressed up as political dialogue.

I saw this firsthand when I worked for her husband briefly--and survived barely--during Michael Huffington's hellish '94 Senate campaign. But that's another story.

In the blogosphere, looky-loos equal traffic. And Arianna will get it. Despite ourselves. Face it: Many of us will go to the site and crane our necks to see who's making an ass of himself in Huffington's virtual living room, who's passed out in the powder room, who's plotting in the library, and who's kissy-kissing in the foyer. Much of the time it will be stultifyingly boring, but some of us will keep going back in hopes that we'll get to see Walter Cronkite trip or Ellen DeGeneres belch or Maggie Gyllenhall start dancing on the blog table in a drunken stupor.

In addition, I'm sure Arianna will be mining Al Franken's research groupies for original reporting and political scoops to add some cred to the party. Her blogroll (as fascinating for its inclusions as its omissions, ahem!) sends a signal that she wants to be taken seriously as a blogger and that she wants the right side of the blogosphere to pay attention.

There is another way to keep tabs on the ego-fest if you must get your fix: I recommend visiting the party over at Laurence Simon and friends instead. They'll be monitoring all the Huffers' puffing so you don't have to.

Go check it out and give his deserving blogs some traffic. Do it for the little people!

“I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.” (Thomas Paine, 1776)
GM Strong

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Post may be real, but Arianna isn't. She has her own reality these days. Shocked Shocked Shocked Laughing Laughing
FreeFall
LCDR

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The should have called the site "Boring Celebrities". These twits usually have their words written for them by professional writers. This is what happens when they write for themselves. Not that Hollywriters are that much better.
becca1223
PO3

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huffington Is Full of Crap - - http://huffington.isfullofcrap.com/

Anti-huffington blog launched the same day huffingtonpost.com unveiled. Ain't technology these days the greatest! Very Happy
Tom Poole
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My gawd, these hollywood misery-makers are still beating the body armor issue. I guess they think Slick's armor was better.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: