SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Combating the Lies about SwiftVets & POWs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hkloor
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 2:23 am    Post subject: Combating the Lies about SwiftVets & POWs Reply with quote

In the last few months I have been giving some talks about why the Swift Vet/pow message was so powerful. I have primarily given these talks to Republican Groups who knew nothing about your group – but knew of your message. Many have assumed that like the democrat 527s, you must have been secretly connected to some political group. It has been rewarding to see their surprise when they learn the truth – that you were just a group of private citizens standing up for the truth.

As you know, I was a small player in your efforts, I was the first producer to contact you, but to be clear, I was only involved in writing, directing, and one of the producers of the first commercial, (some work also appeared in the second) but I had nothing to do with the other 6 commercials. I did write, direct, and produce the 30 minute documentary to answer the questions put forth in the first commercial. But it was Rick Reed and Chris who carried the production load, did the edit on all the commercials, and did all the work on the other 6 commercials. BUT far more importantly, it was your message and your interviews, and your daily fight that won the day.

I give these details in my talks, because its important for people to know that your entire movement was begun and continues to this day to be run by private citizens. It was never taken over by any outside groups. It was not an arm of the Republican party or a Billionaire, or other political operatives. Rick and Chris did a great job - but their work did not begin with them - but with you. Some have thought, because of Chris and Reed’s past political work, that this was really a Republican Effort, but I and you know that it was not. I had no political connections when I contacted you, and when I first flew to D.C. and met with you all to put together the first commercial, I was surprised at just how unconnected you were to any political groups. That first day, before we filmed, was an eye opener for me as well as many of you.

I think it’s important for the Republican Party as well as the public to know this truth. You and you alone did this great thing for our country. From the Admiral, John, and Bill to the children and grandchildren of the vets. This has been my message, and will continue to be. The thousands of interviews, and John’s book and the Admiral and Bill’s leadership is what won the day. And I want people to know that.

The second message I give is that not a single thing we said in the commercials was proven to be untrue. This is important, because all the democrats are trying to spread this lie, and for the sake of history, its important that this lie is countered. In fact, as we know, Kerry and his ilk had to concede many points. Most people don't know this.

Lastly, my efforts are for the future. To reshape the image of Vietnam Vets to that of Hero, to erase the lie’s of Kerry. It’s also to counter act the overall anti-conservative, anti-American slant that most of our media has. Your efforts taught me that the little guy can get his message out and it will be heard if it’s true. So I am building on this message, and hope to bring other truths to the public. Thanks for the lesson.

Best Regards,
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, Dr. Kloor,

Been a long time - glad to see you here again! Smile

Thank you so much for getting the ball rolling. I'm sure that your offer must have been a ray of sunlight in those dark and terrible days right after the Swifts' first press conference.

Thank you for reiterating the truths which we all know - it can't be repeated enough, because the "largely discredited Swifts" mantra is still floating on the ethers and getting ink.

I'm sure that everyone associated with Swifts is grateful for your efforts then and now.

My sincerest thanks!
mtboone
Founder

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr. Harry Kloor, Ph.D., Ph.D.

It is my pleasure to have been in the commercials in DC and I thank you for your service and involvement. Your service was invaluable as was the many of people that backed our effort. You have saved our Nation for four years, but I do not hope we have to make the same effort in 2008 and if we do, he will not Report for Duty so the issue will be different.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 6:22 am    Post subject: Re: Combating the Lies about SwiftVets & POWs Reply with quote

Dr. Kloor...

Let me echo our gratitude to you for stepping up to the plate at the right place at the right time. As I mentioned in an earlier post on the subject, we are delighted that our small forum was able to serve as a conduit for you to establish your working relationship with SVPT...and did THAT ever blossom!

hkloor wrote:
Many have assumed that like the democrat 527s, you must have been secretly connected to some political group. It has been rewarding to see their surprise when they learn the truth – that you were just a group of private citizens standing up for the truth.

<snip>

I think it’s important for the Republican Party as well as the public to know this truth. You and you alone did this great thing for our country. From the Admiral, John, and Bill to the children and grandchildren of the vets. This has been my message, and will continue to be. The thousands of interviews, and John’s book and the Admiral and Bill’s leadership is what won the day. And I want people to know that.

As you're more than aware, the heavyweights of the MSM are doing their level best to be sure that messages such as yours are squelched by the "Big Lie" mantra, and you needn't look hard to find it...

Here's a recent piece from the ny times via the Bennington Banner... (emphasis mine)

Quote:
Hard politics and soft money
By The New York Times News Service
Article Published: Wednesday, May 11, 2005 - 2:15:42 AM EST

The biggest loophole in the laws regulating big-money campaign donations is the runaway spending by unregulated shadow-party advocacy groups. The $400 million that poured through these thinly disguised party operations - called "527 committees" after a section of the tax code - included funds for the campaign by the supposedly independent Swift Boat Veterans for Truth against Sen. John Kerry, and the checkbook politicking of George Soros, who spent $24 million trying to defeat President Bush. The loophole obviously needs plugging, but the going is getting rough in both the House and Senate.

Bennington Banner - cont'd

While I remain hopeful that there are a few journalists of integrity who will ultimately blow the whistle on this blatant canard, MSM has stacked the deck and penetrating their heavy cover to correct the record will be no mean feat, if it's do-able at all.

Best of luck with your efforts in this regard and, again, thanks for your past and continuing work in behalf of SVPT. We are all in your debt.
rbshirley
Founder

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 7:05 am    Post subject: Re: Combating the Lies about SwiftVets & POWs Reply with quote

hkloor wrote:
I was the first producer to contact you

Dr. Kloor .....

I well remember your gracious and kind post coming "out of the blue" here
on this forum at a time when we were all extremely frustrated by a lack of
any traction to our message that we knew to be truthful and powerful.

Your offer was quickly transmitted to the Admiral, John and Bill and most
likely was a primary mover that established the strategy and tactics to get
our feelings about Senator Kerry before the public at large. In spite of the
resistance by the media and the considerable effort by the Kerry campaign
to supress it.

Like you, I am overjoyed that our efforts as private citizens were successful
in making freedom of speech mean exactly what the framers of our country
meant it to be. Rather that just a talking point to be abused by those that
blatantly did so in an attempt to further their own positions of political power.

That may be the most significant acomplishment of the effort to stop Kerry

As you quite succintly noted, the perception of ALL Vietnam veterans was
enhanced by the course of this past election. With the real results of the
anti-war activists and their base agenda, which was aimed at other than
the Vietnam war, having been exposed for the hypocricy that was at its
root. And the terrible consequencies that resulted for the people of SEA

But there is still much to be done to keep the activities still exhibited by
the party of George McGovern from continuing their ill advised practices

NYCnative
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your hard work. It is true that the facts regarding the Swiftvets message is still being portrayed as a bunch of political hacks and the work to inform the public is an ongoing effort. Thanks again for your neverending support and dedication.

"Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof." -Inscription on the Liberty Bell
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: