SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ok SwiftVets, Time To Do It Again
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SuperJock
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 1:45 am    Post subject: Ok SwiftVets, Time To Do It Again Reply with quote

Swiftee John Kerry is fixin' to run again and I'm sure he thinks
he can retain all of those who voted for him last time...so all he
needs is to pickup a few more converts to make him Commander
In Chief! So batten down the hatches mates, damn the torpedos,
all ahead full, rig for silent running, shove 'em over the side, or
whatever, now you get to do it all over again. I sure wish the
Navy had taken care of that problem many years ago, so we wouldn't have to worry about him again.
baldeagle
PO2

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jock, I'd bet that if we ever got a look at those records he's got squirreled away and won't sign the SF-180 for release, that we'd find out that the Navy did take care of the problem, but the peanut farmer from plains "corrected" the record for him along with amnesty for all the runaways in Canada. Betcha there's a Dishonorable in there due to his consortin' with the enemy in Paris. Just conjecture, but I'd bet the next round of drinks.
"In a word, I want an American character, that the powers of Europe may be convinced we act for ourselves and not for others; this, in my judgment, is the only way to be respected abroad and happy at home." --George Washington
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jock, calling on the Swiftees to do it again is sort of unfair, don't you think? They put it all on the line last year and it cost some of them dearly. Still, they stood together and accomplished the task.

Although they are in "stand down" mode, they left this forum up along with it's massive wealth of knowledge about sKerry. While they have stated they would regroup if need be, I'm sure, in the meantime, no one will mind if you or others make use of this vast record on sKerry stored here to use in spreading the word about him and his future plans.

It's everyones duty that is opposed to sKerry to speak out, not just the Swiftees.

As far as signing his SF180 goes, that too appears to be another canard on his part. It is my firm belief he has something to hide and will only sign the SF180 once he has managed to purge the damaging records from his jacket.
coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LewWaters wrote:
Jock, calling on the Swiftees to do it again is sort of unfair, don't you think? They put it all on the line last year and it cost some of them dearly. Still, they stood together and accomplished the task.

Although they are in "stand down" mode, they left this forum up along with it's massive wealth of knowledge about sKerry. While they have stated they would regroup if need be, I'm sure, in the meantime, no one will mind if you or others make use of this vast record on sKerry stored here to use in spreading the word about him and his future plans.

It's everyones duty that is opposed to sKerry to speak out, not just the Swiftees.

As far as signing his SF180 goes, that too appears to be another canard on his part. It is my firm belief he has something to hide and will only sign the SF180 once he has managed to purge the damaging records from his jacket.

Hi Lew,

I understand where you are coming from. I think it is time to call in the next wave of troops to keep the effort of getting the full truth and nothing but the truth out to the American public. I would be honored to be called up to serve. Out of the 27,000,000 veterans plus family & friends out their I think we can rally enough new troops to allow you guys to fall back into retirement.

Cold War Vet

"Peace is our Profession"
Strategic Air Command - Motto

USAF 75-79 Security Police
Wing Wiper
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm thinking a lot of us check this forum on a regular basis. Just say the word. This ain't over, in my opinion. Keeping this site up is pure genius, because I'm sure it can return to full mission status with 3 words from Kerry:

"Reporting for duty!"

Rolling Eyes
mtboone
Founder

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote=" Out of the 27,000,000 veterans plus family & friends out their I think we can rally enough new troops to allow you guys to fall back into retirement.

Cold War Vet[/quote]

Damn, we are just getting older and we are not going into retirement and the Kerry fight is first most, OURs! Yes, if Kerry runs again in 2008 some of us will not be around but it is the VN vets and the Swifties that have to lead the charge because our Honor was destroyed, disgraced and had to live in silence and shame for over 30 years. Cold War Vet and Lew, we appreciate your support but please don't try to put us out to pasture. Our war has gone on for too many years to just retire or fade away and I hope you understand our mission and dedication and I mean no disrespect.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Terry,

No, not a matter of putting you guys out to pasture at all - just the recognition that demanding that the Swifts do more implies that they have not done enough.

And I'm thinking back to the immediate aftermath of the election here, not this original poster's comments.

Before anyone had even had any time to catch their breath, there were already cries for the Swifts to continue their leadership and not back down.

The Swifts had just almost single-handedly kept the country from the perils of Kerry presidency (God help me, that gags me just to say it!) but people were insisting that they had to keep going, keep up the same level of intensity.

We took the position here that it was easy for us to insist that someone else keep up this kind of work, but much more difficult to take up the banner ourselves and get to work, ourselves.

That's all we're talking about. We know that the Swifts will be there to whatever extent that they can be, should the need arise, but it's our position that it is not right to demand it of them as people were doing a few months ago.

And we are honored to help you all in whatever ways that we can, as ever.
SBD
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As stated above, I don't think we need to worry about the Swift Boat Veterans ever not coming together to fight Kerry. They have always been there when they have been needed for over 30 years, as proven in this news story below.

SBD
kate
Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great find SBD

Quote:
Jim Minarik(sp?)……was twice spat upon, was denied restaurant service, and called a "war criminal” all before he had time to buy a civilian suit

how could they print that, when we know it is just not true, the left has told us soooo many times that no one ever really got spat on...(sarcasm tag)
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is fabulous, SBD! I don't think I've ever seen that before.

The article is very interesting, and the political cartoon is just priceless - thank you!
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Need a link to that one in the forum archive...somewhere. Thanks for the post SBD.

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navy_Navy_Navy wrote:
Quote:
That's all we're talking about. We know that the Swifts will be there to whatever extent that they can be, should the need arise, but it's our position that it is not right to demand it of them as people were doing a few months ago.

And we are honored to help you all in whatever ways that we can, as ever.

Yes this is the crust of the point. Several months back I wrote an article on this very subject for ChronWatch. You echo the sentiments in that article Navy_Navy_Navy. Thanks for reminding all of us.....the Swiftvets have and always will serve their country.....knowone needs to damand.
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Jim Minarik(sp?)……was twice spat upon, was denied restaurant service, and called a "war criminal” all before he had time to buy a civilian suit

Not trying to hijack the thread, but Kate is right. Didn't Jerry Lembcke, in his "exhaustively researched" book claim there was never even a single mention of this happening prior to the release of the First Blood movie?

Just like sKerry's bogus claims before the Fulbright commission, Lembckes "research" was anything but.

Excellent find, SBD. This shows that all the way back to 1971, sKerry was being opposed by Viet Nam Vets and that obviously, the Swiftees aren't just another arm of the Republicans. It also shows they are anything but out to pasture, but have earned the right to a well deserved rest between battles.

Still, as I said above, others need to be ready to stand up alongside them and oppose this radical left agenda of sKerry et. al. We can always count on the Swiftees, but can they count on us?
Tom Poole
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I join the chorus of compliments for a great find. Kudos to SBD, again. I came late to this party, last August, and in my first few posts stated why. For the most part, I simply had not heard of this effort. Of course I remember Silky from the 70s but Mr. O'Neill was a little vague in my memory. The abuse was clear and I felt guilty for being too busy to help. My direct knowledge was limited to local, but just as cheesy, punks screeching in the streets.

For the three months after joining, I saw truly immense growth here and I'm sure many who joined after me simply hadn't heard. If this has to be cranked up again, it'll start with a large base and grow from there. In fact, although all Vietnam Veterans were deeply involved, the other 20 million vets in this country, myself included, were hardly touched. Silky has to know that. The question is will he try and if so, will we be ready? I believe millions and millions can be marshalled to the effort if Silky runs again.
SBD
Admiral

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John O'Neill even had to chase Kerry around the country to try to get him to debate because Kerry was too chicken to go face to face. What a loser, he even proved what a true coward he was and is back in July, 1971. Check out this little piece of history.

SBD
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: