SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

LA Mayor: Mexico Will Shape My Policies

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 5:52 am    Post subject: LA Mayor: Mexico Will Shape My Policies Reply with quote

Quote:
LA Mayor: Mexico Will Shape My Policies
Friday, May 27, 2005 12:25 a.m. EDT

Los Angeles mayor-elect Antonio Villaraigosa said Wednesday that Mexico will play an important role in shaping his policies, reports Mexico's EL UNIVERSAL Online.

"We are starting a new era. Instead of closing the borders, as stated by Schwarzenegger, we should look at our border as an opportunity," Villaraigosa said.

"This is a time of great importance, not just for us to rediscover our roots, but looking to create a mutually beneficial relationship," added the city's first Latino mayor since 1872.

The top L.A. Democrat lamented that the recent passage by Congress of The Real ID Act would prevent illegal aliens from getting driver's licenses if signed into law.

"Politicians in the United States need to understand that immigrants come here for the same reason that immigrants have always come: To work," Villaraigosa told EL UNIVERSAL. "Instead of punishing and demonizing them, we should try to integrate them."

Villaraigosa also told EL UNIVERSAL that he would not support policies that persecute the city's large migrant population.

"I support Special Order 40 [prohibiting police from making migration-related arrests]," he said. "We need our police officers to fight gangs and organized crime. That will keep them more than busy."

http://newsmax.com/archives/ic/2005/5/27/02810.shtml

Sounds to me as if Villaraigosa has ceceded from the rest of the country. And, as for having Police fighting gangs and organized crime, does he even know who comprises several of those same gangs? How does the Police fight Migrant gangs when they aren't allowed to arrest migrants in the first place?

Folks, with politicians like this, we are in deep trouble.
DaveS
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 7:22 am    Post subject: We just lost our country! Reply with quote

Can no one in Washington see this? Oh well, it's 20 years too late.
PhantomSgt
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh well........ it appears we have lost The Free Republic of Southern California to Mexico.

Where should we reset the border? Bakersfield maybe?

By the way, Good Riddance to Southern California and Hollywood, you won’t be missed.

Cool Cool Cool

Independent that leans right of center.
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And the beat goes on, and on....

Wacky Lib legislators issue a 'feel good' apology, and then propose
to hit up the taxpayers to pay reparations! LUNACY!!!
The lineup for this gravy train would be never-ending.

http://ap.tbo.com/ap/breaking/MGBIJO5A89E.html
Quote:
Reparations Bills Pass in California Senate and Committee
The Associated Press
Published: May 27, 2005

SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) - The state Senate voted to formally apologize for the deportation of thousands of Mexican-Americans under a Depression-era program designed to create jobs for citizens.
Senators passed the measure 27-5 Thursday and sent it to the state Assembly for consideration.

About 2 million Hispanics, including 400,000 Californians, were sent to Mexico between 1929 and 1944 under the Hoover administration program, which was designed to free up jobs for U.S. citizens, said state Sen. Joe Dunn, the bill's author.

However, the practice targeted anyone with a Mexican-sounding name and most of those deported were U.S. citizens or legal immigrants, he said.

Meanwhile, the Senate Appropriations Committee approved a separate bill, also sponsored by Dunn, to create a fund to pay reparations to surviving deportees who file claims. However, separate legislation would be needed to put money in the account.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.” (Thomas Paine, 1776)
GM Strong
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anybody checked to see if this guy Villaraigosa is legal, or does that matter anymore. I better check to see if I am the way things are going. Maybe not. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Jarhead
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 1:03 am    Post subject: Re: LA Mayor: Mexico Will Shape My Policies Reply with quote

Sounds to me as if Villaraigosa has ceceded from the rest of the country.

Lew,

Translation = California is now part of Mexico and the spineless Gringos won't do a damn thing about it!

"I am a bold Internationalist, I will only disperse American troups around the world at the discretion of the United Nations" - John Kerry

$UCK THE CORRUPT UNITED NATIONS - I am a Jarhead and I approve this message
PhantomSgt
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Villaraigosa is the MECha Manchurian candidate, a group who believes that most of the Southwestern United States belongs to Mexico.

He was Student President of the MECha organization at his college and of course you don't become president of any group unless you believe and live the message.

Cool Cool Cool

Independent that leans right of center.

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PhantomSgt wrote:
Villaraigosa is the MECha Manchurian candidate, a group who believes that most of the Southwestern United States belongs to Mexico.

He was Student President of the MECha organization at his college and of course you don't become president of any group unless you believe and live the message.

Cool Cool Cool

Lew Waters wrote:
"Politicians in the United States need to understand that immigrants come here for the same reason that immigrants have always come: To work," Villaraigosa told EL UNIVERSAL. "Instead of punishing and demonizing them, we should try to integrate them."

Excuse me.....but what is the deal here? My God are we to reward illegal immigrants. I have no problem with Mexicans that come here legally because they want to work. I realize Mexico does not have much to offer it's people in the way of a decent economy and job source. But I will be darned if I support rewarding illegal immigrants. And yes I DO THINK imho that those imigrants here illegally should be PUNISHED and at the very least sent back home.....any other country would imprision such immigrants NOT REWARD them.

Villaraigosa has a lot of nerve. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: