SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WA Judge rules against Rossi claim

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 5:46 pm    Post subject: WA Judge rules against Rossi claim Reply with quote

A disappointment to be sure...from Sound Politics Blog...

Quote:
Nothing to do but work harder

Judge Bridges has ruled against the plaintiffs and let stand the results of the 2004 governor's election. He did not accept the use of proportional deduction and did not find fraud either by the election workers or the parties. So, given that the Supreme Court will most likely not change findings of fact and therefore not overrule, Christine Gregoire will be governor through 2008.

But Judge Bridges did find that many irregularities took place, and he put the burden explicitly on the voters to hold elected officials and elections officials accountable for these problems. Where the law will not provide relief because it is not specific enough or sets the wrong standards, we must work through the political process to change the law. Where officials have low standards, we must work to replace them with officials with higher standards.

As voters, we have all the power we need to make these changes, regardless of the decisions of any court, executive or legislature. Our remedy is to be more organized and to work for candidates who believe as we do. This is one election. There will be hundreds more in our lifetimes and we must contest them all. Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty.

Sound Politics
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
did not find fraud either by the election workers or the parties.

In spite of an open admission of either fraud or gross negligence in his court by King County election workers? I know justice is supposed to be blind, but when did it go deaf and dumb as well?

Welcome to the Peoples Demokratik Republik of King County.
GenrXr
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pathetic
GoophyDog
PO1

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What struck me in the decision were the case law references used. Either this state wrote some kick butt laws way back when or, as is more likely, Washington was well due to a thorough review of our procedures. You see, the case law referenced in almost every instance was over 80 years old!

I'm pretty darn sure they didn't use mail-in ballots and online voter registration back in the 20's.

Having been in the room this morning I did manage to catch one section where judge Bridges let a bit of his frustration show when he referred to an RCW which prevented him to address some of the issues that specifically occured in King County.

Yep, its time us Nor' Westers took a long hard look at our election laws, practices and procedures.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I certainly don't know all the ins and outs, but it has always seemed pretty clear that there were blatant irregularities and abuses in that election.

I don't understand how a judge could rule like this when the evidence seemed to prove that the election result was illegally manipulated in so many ways.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: