SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Spielberg Slams Hollywood for Failing Kerry

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
becca1223
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 7:51 pm    Post subject: Spielberg Slams Hollywood for Failing Kerry Reply with quote

Quote:
Legendary movie maker STEVEN SPIELBERG has hit out at Hollywood for not rallying round for Democrat JOHN KERRY's election campaign last year (NOV04).

The Rest: http://www3.contactmusic.com/news/index5.htm

Thanks, Steven, for making up my mind NOT to see your new movie!!!! or any of your movies for that reason!!!!
manelly
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www3.contactmusic.com/news/index5.htm
Rolling Eyes "I thought John Kerry would have been a wonderful world leader and an American president." :roll:ick

World leader huh? -----King of the world:!: Laughing
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

His overabundance in the talent department has apparently caused a severe deficit in the areas of the brain that control judgement and reason.

Quote:
Legendary movie maker STEVEN SPIELBERG has hit out at Hollywood for not rallying round for Democrat JOHN KERRY's election campaign last year (NOV04).

The SCHINDLER'S LIST director supported Kerry in his unsuccessful battle for US Presidency against GEORGE W BUSH, but he was outraged that the influential film industry weren't more vociferous in their support of the Democrats in comparison to the backing they gave to charismatic former leader BILL CLINTON in the 1990s.

In an interview on Australian chat show ENOUGH ROPE, he fumed, "I was disappointed that Hollywood didn't do enough for John Kerry's campaign, compared to what Hollywood did for Bill Clinton's campaign.

"The democratic Hollywood base, power base and money base, really didn't come out this year, and I was surprised about that.

"It might have been that Hollywood is very interested in charisma and I do not think that Hollywood felt that John Kerry had the kind of charisma that Bill Clinton had and that they didn't come out in force.

"I thought John Kerry would have been a wonderful world leader and an American president."

Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It just never ends. And I really blame the press for printing this crap. Why should his or any other entertainer's political opinion matter? It most definately sways opinion when they make comments like this, and that's the intention. Now, quite frequently, I find myself actually hoping that an actor/band that I really enjoy keeps their mouths shut so they don't ruin it for me.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rdtf wrote:
Why should his or any other entertainer's political opinion matter?

It is one of life in America's imponderables that we place such stead in the ramblings of those whose raison d'etre is to dwell in the world of entertainment and fantasy.
GM Strong
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You gotta be Sh*****g me. Hollyweird threw in everything they had. Right Babs, MM, Geer, Whoopi and the rest of you moonbats?? Ye Golly whiz Jehoshophat. What else could they have done? I almost forgot, they promiased to leave the country if W won. Nobody has.
wwIIvetsdaughter
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't Spielberg in a backhand way with the "charisma" comment telling us Hollywood is inately shallow and crass? Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
DLI78
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Isn't Spielberg in a backhand way with the "charisma" comment telling us Hollywood is inately shallow and crass?

Boy, it's a good thing he did, too. I had almost forgotten.

Darn shame their box office receipts are hurting this year. That couldn't have anything to do with so many of them being in our faces telling us how stupid we are if we support a man with character and backbone and a plan over their favored choice. Twisted Evil
BuffaloJack

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One can only speculate.
Is this to draw attention away from a decline in Spielberg's ability to actually make a movie people want to see? He's done some very good films in the past and in recent years his offerings have declined in quality. "Saving Private Ryan" was superb. "Taken" smelled like ripe fish rotting on a beach. Too much reliance on special effects, flash and piz-azz and too little reliance on a good plot and a well written script. CGI can only get you so far then you have to stand on your merits. Anyone who would lament the loss of an election by a candidate whose conduct bordered on or may have even been treason ought to consider leaving.
NYCnative
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the words of Bugs Bunny.
What a Maroon!

"Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof." -Inscription on the Liberty Bell
rparrott21
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kate
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

speaking of Hollywood.....look who's in Iran

YahooNews
Quote:
Sean Penn turns journalist for Iran vote
Fri Jun 10, 1:08 PM ET

TEHRAN (AFP) - Hollywood actor Sean Penn has swapped greasepaint for notebook as he visits Iran to cover the presidential elections next week for a California newspaper.

Penn, star of rugged hits like "Mystic River" and "29 Grams", was an unexpected visitor at Tehran's Friday prayers where he was seen clutching a reporters' notebook as he surveyed the proceedings.

He refused to make any comments to his fellow members of the press, restricting himself to confirming that he was in the Islamic republic to cover the elections for the San Francisco Chronicle.

At his hotel he has been registered as "Sean Justin Penn", journalist, according to an employee.

Penn is already known for his high-profile activities as an opponent of President George W. Bush.

He caused outrage in Washington by visiting Baghdad in December 2002, just before the US-led invasion of Iraq. He then took out a full page advertisement in the New York Times to explain his stance.

Tom Poole
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Golly, who woulda thunk it. Penn's a journalist now. I knew he graduated from high school but did not know he was trained in journalism, political science and middle eastern government. In fact, I didn't even know he could write. I thought due to his column in the LA Times, his writing days were over. I guess the Chronicle sees something I don't.
rparrott21
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonder if he got the message...Death to American at the so called prayer session...Fast Times in Tehran....Everh time I see him, I think of the traitor in the movie Falcon and the Snowman..
Stevie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

good thing I don't see many movies.... don't know any Spielberg did...
oh, did he do ET? if so, I did see that one....

yep, I'm crossing off actors etc on my list of who is ok to watch.

glad none of these guys did or were in Hoppalong or Rin Tin Tin....
now, that'd REALLY upset me....

as for Penn (strange name for him, isn't it?) - he's just 'researching'
for an upcoming role..... you know - play acting - Laughing Laughing Laughing

I'm sure he'll write something up and win a big 'publishing' type honor!!!

like the - 'Penn a dodo' award Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: