SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

VVLF In and On The News

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 5:04 am    Post subject: VVLF In and On The News Reply with quote

If you haven't stopped by recently, VVLF has an updated page with some recent media activities that are well worth a look and your support.

Also, be sure to check the "News" link for a look at some of the VVLF activities that have occured since its inception.

Congrats to Bob McMahon, Mary Jane and Kevin McManus, Ken Cordier and the VVLF organization on their splendid efforts to see that the historically one-sided view of our Vietnam experience is, at long last, being counterbalanced.

Well done to all...and we look forward to more of the same...
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott Swett has posted the transcript of a Mary Jane McManus interview which recently aired on his RighTalk.com radio program, "The Inquisition" , with Tim Ziegler.

In the interview, Mary Jane addresses several issues, among them the incredulity that she and many POW families experienced at the reality of a John Kerry run for the presidency, Kerry's despicable use of the plight of POW families to further his political agenda and her formative work in the evolution of the Vietnam Veterans Legacy Foundation.

For those of you looking to continue the initiative of Swift Vets and POWs for Truth, the VVLF is a terrific port of call.

A few excerpts...

Quote:
SWETT: One of the things that John Kerry was involved with during his anti-war activities that wasn't very widely publicized was that he was involved in an effort to make use of POW families --

McMANUS: Yes.

SWETT: -- essentially as political props to denounce the war. Were you aware of that at the time?

McMANUS: We were, indeed. There were -- as a matter of fact, I just spoke to a group about a very, very small group, Families Against the War, which was part of six or seven other groups that were all part of the same group, led by Cora Weiss, who was the daughter of a communist, and led Women Strike for Peace and about four other organizations, all with the same phone numbers, and the same P. O. box number, all working against any kind of American policy in Vietnam.

It wasn't simply a POW effort or try to do anything for the POWs. They insisted right throughout their short lives, or the organizations' short lives, that the POWs were not being tortured. I mean, you hear that from Jane Fonda. You read it in her book. Of course they were tortured. That's not even a matter of argument.

I think she admitted at some point that yes, they may have been, but only until 1969. So I think they're coming around. It's taking a long time. But they did use the families to prop up exactly the same notion that John Kerry had, which was to follow the Vietcong and the North Vietnamese negotiating points verbatim.

Quote:
SWETT: Full disclosure: I'm working along with you in a new effort that is targeted at correcting that record and extending what the Swift Vets and POWs for Truth did last year in the area of trying to document and provide factual evidence behind what really happened in Vietnam, and that's the Vietnam Legacy Foundation.

McMANUS: Vietnam Veterans Legacy Foundation, correct.

SWETT: At VietnamLegacy.org.

McMANUS: Correct.

SWETT: And so perhaps you could talk a little bit about what led you and other various POWs involved in that effort to start the organization.

McMANUS: Well, there are several factors, some of them will be relayed in greater detail very soon, but of course, the main one was that it did not appear that Senator Kerry was going to stand down. He certainly is giving the impression of waging a battle for the nomination four years from now. We can't take that chance.

We have also, I think, noticed that there are enough Vietnam veterans who really do believe that it's about time we corrected the misconceptions and the myths about Vietnam. I think we will get a wide hearing on this.

And speaking of hearings, we may even be able to introduce new testimony on Vietnam. Some of that may come about on the web site itself, which we urge people to go to as often as they can. There will be new information as we get it and there will be big new information fairly shortly.

Last edited by Me#1You#10 on Thu Jun 16, 2005 8:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Interesting Times
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for posting this, #1. Mary Jane McManus is one sharp cookie, and it was a real privilege to have her on the show.<p>

Regards, I.T.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: