SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Schiavo Autopsy Results Released Wednesday

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 6:05 am    Post subject: Schiavo Autopsy Results Released Wednesday Reply with quote

Press conference with Dr. Thogmartin at 11:00 a.m. Wednesday.

http://www.theempirejournal.com/614055_schiavo_autopsy_results_t.htm
“I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.” (Thomas Paine, 1776)

Last edited by shawa on Wed Jun 15, 2005 6:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
During the press conference, District Medical Examiner Jon R. Thogmartin, MD will provide an overview of the autopsy report and his findings.

regardless of how he reports, this will forever be tainted since he allowed no independent review of the autopsy. I do expect the "findings" to be flavored to reflect well on her killer.

Last I heard, he still hasn't let her family know anything about a funeral or where her ashes will be laid to rest. Even after her death, he still tormets that family.

A real piece of work. Evil or Very Mad
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, I'm not exactly especting the truth either.

her 'husband' says he wanted what Terri wanted. really?

She wouldn't want her family to know where her ashes
are being kept? She would have wanted to be cremated?

I doubt it.
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anything yet?
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just now breaking on Fox:

Schiavo Autopsy Shows No Sign of Trauma Before Collapse

Drudge has more:
http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20050615/ap_on_re_us/schiavo_autopsy_6

Quote:
Autopsy: Schiavo Didn't Suffer Trauma By MITCH STACY, Associated Press Writer
6 minutes ago

LARGO, Fla. - Terri Schiavo did not suffer any trauma prior to her 1991 collapse and her brain was about half of normal size when she died, according to results released Wednesday of an autopsy conducted on the severely brain-damaged woman.

Pinellas-Pasco Medical Examiner Jon Thogmartin concluded that there was no evidence of strangulation or other trauma leading to her collapse. He also said she did not appear to have suffered a heart attack.

Thogmartin also said that Schiavo's brain was about half of its expected size when she died March 31 in a Pinellas Park hospice, 13 days after her feeding tube was removed in a wrenching right-to-die dispute that engulfed the courts, Congress and the White House and divided the country.
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to know just what is listed as "cause of death". The only answer has to be STARVATION AND DEHYDRATION AS ORDERED BY THE STATE OF FLORIDA!! The award that Michael Schiavo received from his lawsuit determined that she would live for another 50 years.

Michael and Judge Greer continue the cover up, Greer has ordered the record of her estate to be sealed from the public.

Within hours of her death, Schiavo and his lawyer rushed to file the petition for administration of her estate before Greer.

http://www.theempirejournal.com/
“I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.” (Thomas Paine, 1776)
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Read the Autopsy at:

Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a little confused... no trauma before death or before her collapse or both? If before collapse, that seems hard to find in an autopsy, but nevertheless if that's what they mean then how do they explain the after incident report (or whatever it was called) that clearly stated all the signs of trauma - years of trauma?
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One important finding - the autopsy ruled OUT bulimia...

also Shawa - FYI -

MAIN COMPUTER AT
THE EMPIRE JOURNAL ATTACKED AT
1:15 PM TODAY, WHILE WRITING THE AUTOPSY ARTICLE.
WE ARE WORKING TO RESOLVE THIS ISSUE - DEVELOPING
AND UNDER INVESTIGATION!
becca1223
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Autopsy states Reason for Death: Anoxic Encephalopathy

Anoxic Encephalopathy- Failure of oxygen to be delivered to the brain resulting in brain dysfunction.

Heart attack has been ruled out from autopsy results...then what caused the lack of oxygen?

Saw on another website someone suspects adult version of
Shaken Baby Syndrome. Could be? After all, compared to
Michael, Terri was very small and he could have easily shaken
her too hard that morning. I'd love to hear what he said word
for word and how he sounded during the 911 call he made.
Has it ever been made available?

The police report written from when Terri collapsed...says
paramedics found Terri lying face down and unconscious
halfway in and halfway out of the bathroom. This alone sounds
fishy to me. I know for a fact that if my husband found me lying
face down on the floor halfway in and halfway out of the bathroom,
he'd move me out of the doorway and turn me over to try to get
me to respond. Although, Michael Schiavo has testified under oath
many times that he picked Terri up in his arms. Then why was she
face down when Terri's brother, Bobby, arrived just seconds before
the paramedics. It took the police 31 minutes to arrive from the
time the call for assistance was received. I'd like to see the
paramedics report for that day. Wonder why we haven't seen it.
Link to police report: http://www.hospicepatients.org/police-report-02-25-90-terri-schiavo-collapse.pdf

SCHIAVO OFFERS VARIOUS VERSIONS
This link is good in that it shows Michael's story has changed over
and over again on what he did after he found Terri lying on the floor
that morning:
http://www.disabledentrepreneur.com/MPN/article.php?sid=471

I hope Mark Furhman's book constitutes an investigation like it did in the Moxley/Skakel case.
becca1223
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Report of Autopsy (pg 2 of 39) states:

Cause of Death: Complications of Anoxic Encephalopathy

Manner of Death: Undetermined

Shouldn't the Cause of Death be Dehydration.

Anoxic Encephalopathy is failure of oxygen to be delivered to the brain resulting in brain dysfunction.

Maybe by stating the cause of death was due to failure of oxygen to be delivered to the brain leaves the door open for a conviction in a murder trial in the not so far furture!! After all, if the autopsy stated cause of death was dehydration, case would be closed. right??

I find this very interesting.
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The spin is out and already I am feeling that old familiar anger. The CBS Nightly National News was just opened by Bob Schaefer saying the autopsy is 'clear' and 'nothing could be done to save her' bla bla bla. Well of course not, when nothing was done for YEARS!
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Report of Autopsy (pg 2 of 39) states:

becca1223 said
Quote:
Cause of Death: Complications of Anoxic Encephalopathy

Manner of Death: Undetermined

Shouldn't the Cause of Death be Dehydration.

Anoxic Encephalopathy is failure of oxygen to be delivered to the brain resulting in brain dysfunction.

Maybe by stating the cause of death was due to failure of oxygen to be delivered to the brain leaves the door open for a conviction in a murder trial in the not so far furture!! After all, if the autopsy stated cause of death was dehydration, case would be closed. right??

I find this very interesting.

Good point, Becca.
The immediate cause of death is dehydration. But the underlying cause is her original collapse which is undetermined.

The Empire Journal analyzes the autopsy report and Dr. Thogmartin's remarks.

Thogmartin says report is based on medical records provided by Michael Sciavo's attorney. But because many records are missing, the case will remain open.

He specifically states she did not have a heart attack or suffer from bulemia as the media so often reported as the cause of her collapse. He says that she may have been smothered.

It seems the door has been left open and the finger of suspicion still points to Michael Schiavo.

Mark Furman, I hope you are dogging this case!! There is so much yet to be uncovered.

Good report on the autopsy at: www.theempirejournal.com/614053
becca1223
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

washingtonpost.com
Probe Sought in Terri Schiavo 911 Call

By JACKIE HALLIFAX
The Associated Press
Friday, June 17, 2005; 11:49 AM

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. -- Gov. Jeb Bush said Friday that a prosecutor has agreed to investigate why Terri Schiavo collapsed 15 years ago, citing an alleged gap in time from when her husband found her and called 911.

In a letter faxed to Pinellas-Pasco County State Attorney Bernie McCabe, Bush said Michael Schiavo testified in a 1992 medical malpractice trial that he found his wife collapsed at 5 a.m. on Feb. 25, 1990, and he said in a 2003 television interview that he found her about 4:30 a.m. He called 911 at 5:40 a.m.

"Between 40 and 70 minutes elapsed before the call was made, and I am aware of no explanation for the delay," Bush wrote. "In light of this new information, I urge you to take a fresh look at this case without any preconceptions as to the outcome."

McCabe was out of state Friday and couldn't immediately be reached for comment, but Bush said McCabe has agreed to his request.

Michael Schiavo's attorney, George Felos, did not immediately return a telephone call seeking comment from The Associated Press. But on Wednesday he said his client didn't wait to call for help. He said his client has conceded that he confuses dates and times.

Felos has said that if Michael Schiavo had not called 911 immediately, as Bush and others allege, Terri Schiavo would have died that day.

"There is no hour gap or other gap to the point Michael heard Terri fall and called 911," Felos said. "We've seen the baseless allegations in this case fall by the wayside one by one ... That's what I would call it, a baseless claim to perpetuate a controversy that in fact doesn't exist."

Terri Schiavo died March 31 from dehydration after her feeding tube was disconnected at her husband's request, despite unsuccessful efforts by her parents, Bush and others to keep her alive.

An autopsy released Wednesday concluded that she had been in a persistent vegetative state and revealed no evidence that she was strangled or otherwise abused before she collapsed.

It left unanswered the question of why Terri Schiavo's heart stopped, cutting oxygen off from her brain. The autopsy showed she suffered irreversible brain damage and her brain had shrunk to half the normal size for her age.

Bush's request was immediately criticized by some lawmakers.

"Enough is enough," said Democratic Sen. Ron Klein. "I don't want to see it on TV any more, I don't want to hear politicians talk about it. Let her be at peace."

Bush acknowledged in his letter that an investigation may be difficult.

"I understand that these events took place many years ago, and that you may not be able to collect all the relevant records and physical evidence. However, Mrs. Schiavo's family deserves to know anything that can be done to determine the cause and circumstances of her collapse 15 years ago," Bush wrote. "The unanswered questions may be unanswerable, but the attempt should be made."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/06/17/AR2005061700350_pf.html

Michael Schiavo, In the end, evil is defeated and goodness prevails.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: