SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Senator Durbin Likened our Servicemen to Nazis...
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 1:28 pm    Post subject: Senator Durbin Likened our Servicemen to Nazis... Reply with quote

http://www.opinionjournal.com/best/

Quote:
BY JAMES TARANTO
Wednesday, June 15, 2005 4:11 p.m. EDT

Durbin Supports the Troops
Sen. Dick Durbin, an Illinois Democrat, took the Senate floor yesterday and likened American servicemen to Nazis (link in PDF):

When you read some of the graphic descriptions of what has occurred here [at Guantanamo Bay]--I almost hesitate to put them in the [Congressional] Record, and yet they have to be added to this debate. Let me read to you what one FBI agent saw. And I quote from his report:

On a couple of occasions, I entered interview rooms to find a detainee chained hand and foot in a fetal position to the floor, with no chair, food or water. Most times they urinated or defecated on themselves, and had been left there for 18-24 hours or more. On one occasion, the air conditioning had been turned down so far and the temperature was so cold in the room, that the barefooted detainee was shaking with cold. . . . On another occasion, the [air conditioner] had been turned off, making the temperature in the unventilated room well over 100 degrees. The detainee was almost unconscious on the floor, with a pile of hair next to him. He had apparently been literally pulling his hair out throughout the night. On another occasion, not only was the temperature unbearably hot, but extremely loud rap music was being played in the room, and had been since the day before, with the detainee chained hand and foot in the fetal position on the tile floor.

If I read this to you and did not tell you that it was an FBI agent describing what Americans had done to prisoners in their control, you would most certainly believe this must have been done by Nazis, Soviets in their gulags, or some mad regime--Pol Pot or others--that had no concern for human beings. Sadly, that is not the case. This was the action of Americans in the treatment of their prisoners.
We are fighting an enemy that murdered 3,000 innocent people on American soil 3 1/2 years ago and would murder millions more if given the chance--and according to Dick Durbin, our soldiers are the Nazis.

Note: Text formatted to clarify quotes/me#1
AMOS
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 2:14 pm    Post subject: First Name. Reply with quote

Durbin's first name is more than appropriate.

It's good for some senators that I am not one.
JannDallas
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have already called Senator Durbin's office and let them know what a scumball (didn't use those words, but close more like vile reprehensible) his comments were. It took me a hour to get through. I would call, flood his e-mail at his Senate office, etc.... and let him know your thoughts too. I also called Reid's office and Senator Bill Nelson's office as he is my Senator now.

If you are as outraged as I am, let them know it.
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this was on Drudge- Evil or Very Mad

http://www.kwqc.com/Global/story.asp?S=3480381
Quote:
June 16, 2005
Durbin refuses to apologize for Guantanamo Bay comments

CHICAGO Illinois Senator Dick Durbin says he won't apologize for comments comparing American interrogators at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, to Nazis and Soviet gulags.

News of the Democrat's comparison created a buzz around the Internet today, fueled by sound bites of yesterday's Senate floor speech on radio talk shows. By this afternoon, Illinois Republican Party Chairman Andy McKenna asked Durbin to apologize.

Durbin says the Bush administration should apologize for abandoning the Geneva Conventions.

Human-rights activist groups and some lawmakers -- mostly Democrats -- want Bush to close the prison.

But administration officials say some of the people who have been detained at Guantanamo later return to fight against the United States.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've written to both of my Senators asking that they either initiate or support a condemnation of those remarks.

Quote:
Senator Durbin's Atrocious Comments

Dear Senator __________,

I am completely disgusted with the remarks made by SEN Durbin on the Senate floor regarding the treatment of the detainees at Guantanamo.

A detainee has no air conditioning. Another is too air conditioned. And that equates with mass genocides and torture? Oh, please, give me a break!

How this idiot can possibly compare OUR TROOPS with Nazis, Soviet gulags and Pol Pot could probably only be explained by a psychiatrist.

We have troops in harms' way who do NOT deserve this demoralizing bunch of lies! Our troops deserve better than this type of inflammatory and derogatory hyperbole from representatives of our government.

I'm writing to ask you to please initiate or support a condemnation of these statements.

Sincerely,

AMOS

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 3:00 pm    Post subject: Will they ever learn? Reply with quote

Will these loonies ever learn the Geneva Conventions DON'T APPLY to these sand *****?
DADESID
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 3:10 pm    Post subject: Re: First Name. Reply with quote

AMOS wrote:

And his middle name is "Head".
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 3:20 pm    Post subject: Re: First Name. Reply with quote

DADESID wrote:
AMOS wrote:

And his middle name is "Head".

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Cool
davman
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 3:34 pm    Post subject: Another assoult on our troops...from within our borders! Reply with quote

Here is a link to contact this swine!

http://durbin.senate.gov/contact.cfm

I have sent my response to his insane comments, please do the same!
GM Strong
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Durbin is a disgrace and owes our Servicemen an apology. He owes the country a resignation.
PhantomSgt
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just another Far Left Liberal who never served a day in uniform and automatically (by elected position) becomes an expert on wartime interrogation techniques.

The voters of his home state should voice their objections to his behavior at the ballot box.

Piece of advice: If you are mailing, e-mailing or calling a sitting US Senator keep it clean and non-threatening. You don’t want a visit from the Secret Service for a moment of emotion intercepted by NSA or reported by the Senator's staff.

Cool Cool Cool

Independent that leans right of center.
Jerald L. Parsoneault
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been thinking for sometime now about how to best address the situation at Gitmo.

As a test, why not select 50 of the enemy combatants from Gitmo and transfer them to the general population in a cross-section of maximum security prisons like Pelican Bay Penitentiary in California. Let them share cells with hardened inmates who don't care about their sensitivities, special needs, or well being -- really mean inmates who hate their guts, in fact.

After three months, have the wardens call in the the transferees and ask them if they want to stay or go back to the "Natzi, Gulag, Concentration Camp, Torture Chamber, Hell Hole" at Gitmo.

Oh, by the way, be sure to have members of the press present so they can document the combatants on their hands and knees pleading and kissing the hands of the wardens for giving them the opportunity to return to their former life at Gitmo.

Nalt
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to his blog, Hugh Hewitt will be addressing the Durbin Debacle on his radio program today. Here's a link to a streamcast from our media list...

AMOS

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 9:55 pm    Post subject: Re: First Name. Reply with quote

[quote="DADESID"][quote="AMOS"]Durbin's first name is more than appropriate.[/quote]

And his middle name is "Head".[/quote]

AND he was in the army......The Salvation Army and his rank..............yep, you guessed it.............Major! LOL.
redleg2
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This a$$hole avoided VN by getting an education like so many of his fellow 'rats. How does he get the kahunas to call our troops Nazi's?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: