SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I'm mad as He*l - Dems doing Vietnam again for Iraq
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ohio Voter
PO2

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 1:31 pm    Post subject: I'm mad as He*l - Dems doing Vietnam again for Iraq Reply with quote

Look, I can take the idiocy of the Democrat's leftists talk just so long. It is time to do something before they do the Vietnam tactics again to shame America and the Military. They are reaching a shrill point where I can't take it anymore. Senator Dick Durbin (D-IL) is being quoted on AlJezera. Maxine Waters is leading marches to stirring up anti American and anti Military rhetoric to get us out of Iraq in shame. The "goulog" of Democratic anti American hate speech is ridiculous. Why do we, as voters, allowing it to happen again? It is time to hoot them down, but how? The media makes it look like masses are agreeing. Even Republicans beginning to do it. My God, do they not know they are aiding the enemy just as they did during the Vietnam war? [Ill settle down after I have a good cry] Dang, ...
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check out this thread:

http://www.swiftvets.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=19716

Write to your Senators! Tell them that this is inexcusable! There's a link there for finding your Senators and all of them have "Contact" pages. It takes only a few minutes to write a note asking your Senator to initiate or support a condemnation of these activities.

You're right - this is NOT Vietnam.

Hell, Vietnam wouldn't even have been a "Vietnam" if the leftist America-haters in our country hadn't managed to hold sway!

Good luck!
Ohio Voter
PO2

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the link. I sent a form letter from Durban's web site telling him how I hate Democrats and will never ever vote for one in any election, and that he is aiding the terrorists and killing our military. And that Dems are again using Vietnam political tactics to disgrace the US. [paraphrased from what I remember saying] I hope I don't get arrested.
Very Happy Or maybe I wish I would so I could become a front page story about what Democrats are doing to America.

Navy_Navy_Navy wrote:
Check out this thread:

http://www.swiftvets.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=19716

Write to your Senators! Tell them that this is inexcusable! There's a link there for finding your Senators and all of them have "Contact" pages. It takes only a few minutes to write a note asking your Senator to initiate or support a condemnation of these activities.

You're right - this is NOT Vietnam.

Hell, Vietnam wouldn't even have been a "Vietnam" if the leftist America-haters in our country hadn't managed to hold sway!

Good luck!
blue9t3
Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maxine waters? they need to put a picture of her in every gitmo holding cell! Wink
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ohio Voter, like you I have felt frustrated that the left is spinning out of control and may succeed in convincing the country that Iraq= Vietnam.

I subscribe to the Washington Times National Weekly Edition (the ONLY newspaper I subscribe to) and sat down to page through it this morning.
Lo and behold, in the centerfold FULL PAGE AD is a letter to John Kerry
by 410,000 petitioners reminding him that HE LOST, President Bush WON.
Your baseless attacks are irresponsible at a time when our troops are risking their lives!

I went to their website:http://www.grassfire.org/

I signed up, and made a contribution. This organization is countering
moveon.org and the loony left attacks on our troops and the President.

The Ad is a hoot:
http://www.grassfire.org/26/TimesAd_050610.htm
“I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.” (Thomas Paine, 1776)
hmminCanada
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And this is the latest in regard to Memogate 2. This was posted yesterday on Captain's Quarters but I'm grabbing it from Free Republic because it's easier.

The media and the Leftists have had a field day with the Downing Street memos that they claim imply that the Bush administration lied about the intelligence on WMD in order to justify the attack on Iraq. Despite the fact that none of the memos actually say that, none of them quote any officials or any documents, and that the text of the memos show that the British government worried about the deployment of WMD by Saddam against Coalition troops, Kuwait and/or Israel, the meme continues to survive.

Until tonight, however, no one questioned the authenticity of the documents provided by the Times of London. That has now changed, as Times reporter Michael Smith admitted that the memos he used are not originals, but retyped copies (via LGF and CQ reader Sapper):

The eight memos — all labeled "secret" or "confidential" — were first obtained by British reporter Michael Smith, who has written about them in The Daily Telegraph and The Sunday Times. Smith told AP he protected the identity of the source he had obtained the documents from by typing copies of them on plain paper and destroying the originals.

The AP obtained copies of six of the memos (the other two have circulated widely). A senior British official who reviewed the copies said their content appeared authentic. He spoke on condition of anonymity because of the secret nature of the material.

Lots of interesting reactions on both sites!
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Smith told AP he protected the identity of the source he had obtained the documents from by typing copies of them on plain paper and destroying the originals

Hmmmmm. Do they have Kinkos in England as well?
Deuce
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 4:28 pm    Post subject: Re: I'm mad as He*l - Dems doing Vietnam again for Iraq Reply with quote

Ohio Voter wrote:
Look, I can take the idiocy of the Democrat's leftists talk just so long. It is time to do something...

On the few occasions I listen to the Lame Stream Media, I always remember to keep in mind the only reasoned objective of doing so....entertainment. Remember there may be some highly creative (tho destructive) individuals actually getting paid for their drivel.....for example:

Nationalist Progressive Radio (NPR)....these guys are the easiest to listen to, because they all sound alike, essentially don't even realize they're lying, are still using 'liberal' and 'conservative' in every other sentence so you can tell where they're coming from (always the left)....etc

SeeBS (CBS)....decades of communists, from Walter Cronkite to Dan RAther, harder to tell when they're being 'entertaining', but highly overpaid....\

Communist News Network (CNN)...still think they're 'no.1' after all these years in the tank, basicly, these guys just follow the lead of the BBC (British Broadcasting Communists)...

Nationalist Broadcasting Communists (NBC)...can't believe GE still owns them....I listen to these idiots the least!

easy enough to make your own list....I'm currently on vacation, and have had to listen in my son's car to his favorite NPR station way too often for my own health!

Deuce
Jarhead
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 5:17 pm    Post subject: Re: I'm mad as He*l - Dems doing Vietnam again for Iraq Reply with quote

Ohio Voter wrote:
Look, I can take the idiocy of the Democrat's leftists talk just so long. It is time to do something before they do the Vietnam tactics again to shame America and the Military. They are reaching a shrill point where I can't take it anymore. Senator Dick Durbin (D-IL) is being quoted on AlJezera. Maxine Waters is leading marches to stirring up anti American and anti Military rhetoric to get us out of Iraq in shame. The "goulog" of Democratic anti American hate speech is ridiculous. Why do we, as voters, allowing it to happen again? It is time to hoot them down, but how? The media makes it look like masses are agreeing. Even Republicans beginning to do it. My God, do they not know they are aiding the enemy just as they did during the Vietnam war? [Ill settle down after I have a good cry] Dang, ...

Ohio,

The left is using the same playbook that they used back in the late 60's and early 70's. It is the only playbook that they have. Like an old coach that has had the game pass him by, the same thing is happening to the radical left. The are desperate, they are tired and they don't know what else to do. They figured that the Viet Nam anti-war movement worked back then and it will work now. However, they did not count on the blogs, Free Republic, Swiftvets, talk radio (Rush) and Fox News to rain on their parade. It is a battle that we have to fight each and every day but I beleive that we will win by supporting our troops and making sure that they know that they are appreciated and loved.

"I am a bold Internationalist, I will only disperse American troups around the world at the discretion of the United Nations" - John Kerry

$UCK THE CORRUPT UNITED NATIONS - I am a Jarhead and I approve this message
PhantomSgt
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blue9t3 wrote:
maxine waters? they need to put a picture of her in every gitmo holding cell! Wink

Good idea and tell the inmates that is a picture of Condi Rice the one keeping them there.

Cool Cool Cool

Independent that leans right of center.
dusty
Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we are going to win this propaganda war, we better get busy.
The American public is being wooed by the communist inspired lies today just like they were in the early '60s.
I got out of the Navy in '63 and was here in the good ole USA to watch it (the opposition to the war) grow from almost nothing with a few hippies to what it eventually became with most of America behind it thanks to the likes of Fonda and Kerry spreading the communists propaganda for them.
And they are doing it again.
This time they already have thousands of marxist and communist influenced Americans to further their cause. All these minions are being cranked out by our own universities every year.
Nikita's words are coming true before our very eyes.
It mad me mad back then, it's got me terrified today. Like a nighmare that keeps coming back but worse than the last one.

Dusty
kate
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shawa wrote:
Ohio Voter
Washington Times National Weekly Edition......in the centerfold FULL PAGE AD is a letter to John Kerry
by 410,000 petitioners reminding him that HE LOST, President Bush WON.

Your baseless attacks are irresponsible at a time when our troops are risking their lives!

I went to their website:http://www.grassfire.org/

The Ad is a hoot:

OMG, still laughing
a full page ad no less, Kudos to Grassfire!

that is a saver

edit to add:
pdf version, easier to read the text
http://www.grassfire.org/26/TimesAd.pdf

Last edited by kate on Mon Jun 20, 2005 1:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

C'mon guys that is worth posting here!! The more eyes on it the better Wink Love it. Maybe this group is worth looking into.

Ohio Voter
PO2

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 3:01 pm    Post subject: Re: I'm mad as He*l - Dems doing Vietnam again for Iraq Reply with quote

At least I now know I am not alone in my outrage. That helps. Here is what I have done to follow up on Durbin's comments so he does not get off without paying a price.

First I wrote Senator Durbin through his web site. If you wish to do so, here is his page address. Click on the contact link on the left. Fill out the form and send it. http://durbin.senate.gov/

Then I called my Senators saying I think they should stand up against Senator Durbin's comments and call for the Senate to Censure Durbin. If you wish to call your Senators you can go to this page to find their contact information. http://www.senate.gov/

If you missed the thread here that posts Newt Gingrich's article calling for Durbin's Censure, here is the link.
http://www.cnsnews.com//ViewPolitics.asp?Page=\Politics\archive\200506\POL20050620a.html

Lets keep the pressure on and not let this be swept under a political, rhetoric as usual "rug".

Ohio Voter wrote:
coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 4:28 pm    Post subject: Letter I sent to Senator Kohl & Feingold Reply with quote

Senator Feingold,

I have voted for democrats and independents and occasionally I even vote for republicans. The likes of Senator Durbin increase the resolve of the enemy. With this resolve the enemy insurgents will grow leading to more American casualties. The likes of John Kerry and Jane Fonda stole the honor of our Vietnam troops and I will not stand still and watch the same thing happen to this generation of troops. Stand up for our troops who are in harms way keeping us out of harms way. Chastise those engaged in rhetoric that aids and comforts the enemy.

As a Veteran I took it very personal when the democrats nominated Kerry. And now Durbin, the Democratic Party is doing nothing but increasing my resolve to do every thing in my power to make sure they are defeated. Not a one of you has the balls to stand up to the likes of Durbin, Dean, or Kerry you have all become just a “bunch of Girly Men”.

PS when I contacted their offices neither one of them has come out with a position on Durbin's comments. I would expect nothing less from the two "Girly Men" we have for Senators in Wisconsin.

"Peace is our Profession"
Strategic Air Command - Motto

USAF 75-79 Security Police
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: