SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Indepundit: "POW Blasts Durbin"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 4:53 am    Post subject: Indepundit: "POW Blasts Durbin" Reply with quote

POW Paul Galanti gives Durbin the whatfor....

Quote:
POW Blasts Durbin

THE FOLLOWING LETTER was sent from retired Navy Commander Paul Galanti to Senator Dick Durbin. Galanti is one of my father's Annapolis classmates, who spent seven years as a prisoner-of-war in the infamous Hanoi Hilton.

Senator Durbin,

As one who was held in a North Vietnamese Prison for nearly seven years and whose definition of torture and bad treatment is somewhat at variance with yours, I deplore your senseless comments about alleged "barbaric treatment" at our terrorist detention facility at Guantanamo.

Your remarks comparing Guantanamo to the regimes of Stalin, Hitler and Pol Pot are outrageous. I tried to think of why a rational human being could make such an outlandish statement but I keep coming up short. I thought I'd seen it all when Howard Dean performed his infamous scream in Iowa but your diatribe yesterday eclipsed Dean's moment of Hannibal Lecter lunacy. And your moment of pique will be infinitely more damaging to members of our Armed Forces serving in harm's way.

I noted, when searching for your contact information, that the first item Google came up with was al Jazeera's joy at your comments. You, sir, for having aided and abetted the enemy in time of war, have been relegated in my mind to the status of Jane Fonda and your colleague, John Kerry as contemptible traitors.

I hope not too many of our valiant members of the Armed Forces have to suffer for your stupid comments. Shame on you.

Sincerely,
    Paul E. Galanti
    Commander, U.S. Navy (Ret.)
When I was a midshipman at Annapolis, I would often go to the Class of '62 tailgaters after the football games with my father. I spoke with Galanti several times.

He never once mentioned his experience in the Hanoi Hilton.

Indepundit
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I LOVE YOU, CDR Galanti!!!!!

This is a completely straight-up man - he has sure nailed this behavior for what it is.
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW!!

Wouldn't we love to see this letter on the FRONT PAGE of every newspaper in the country!!

I know, I'm dreaming, but hotdam does he nail Durbin(D-Al Quaida)!!

Maybe we should send it to EVERY MEMBER OF THE SENATE.
“I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. ‘Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.” (Thomas Paine, 1776)
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since we know we won't see it in the leftstream media, I hope we hear it on Rush, Hannity, Laura Ingraham and others all week.

These leftist weenies cost us thousands of American lives in Viet Nam. Seems they are now panting to repeat their misadventures.
kate
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I noted, when searching for your contact information, that the first item Google came up with was al Jazeera's joy at your comments. You, sir, for having aided and abetted the enemy in time of war, have been relegated in my mind to the status of Jane Fonda and your colleague, John Kerry as contemptible traitors.

I hope not too many of our valiant members of the Armed Forces have to suffer for your stupid comments. Shame on you.

Sincerely,
Paul E. Galanti
Commander, U.S. Navy (Ret.)

for the visitors who may not be as familiar with the name.....
he is the CDR Galanti of Stolen Honor, and the SVPT ads

Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great letter!!
By the way, where is John McCain's outrage? What a perfect opportunity for him to have raised h***, and earned some respect from us all. And maybe even a few votes from the less aware.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: