SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

We must restore the honor of the Vietnam Era Veterans

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 5:25 pm    Post subject: We must restore the honor of the Vietnam Era Veterans Reply with quote

How can we best protect this generation of troops? I have spent countless hours pondering this question, and the answer I continue to come back to is that without restoring the honor of our Vietnam Veterans their will be little or no honor for this generation of troops. If we are to learn from history, we first must have an honest accounting of history. I thought perhaps with the Kerry nomination that the truth might finally be told about the contributions made by those who served in Vietnam. I thought the truth might be told of how much life was lost and displaced because of our failure to stand up to the political pressure of the time. The Kerry senate testimony of that time still stands. And people like my sister embrace the Kerry testimony as truth. Please add your insight on how we can best communicate to the American people the truth about our Vietnam Veterans.

"Peace is our Profession"
Strategic Air Command - Motto

USAF 75-79 Security Police
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 7:27 pm    Post subject: Re: We must restore the honor of the Vietnam Era Veterans Reply with quote

coldwarvet wrote:
Please add your insight on how we can best communicate to the American people the truth about our Vietnam Veterans.

I think the handwriting is on the wall in that regard CWV, and the answer, to me, lies (thankfully) in the hands of the "New Media". Let's face the reality...Vietnam (and, tangentially, Vietnam Vets) became what "Old Media" said it was and there were little or no outlets at the time powerful enough or willing to "buck" that ideology-inspired assault.

Not so today, and the debate that never transpired on Vietnam is now being vigorously engaged inre Iraq...and THIS time we know the opposition gameplan in advance.

While I can't speak for anyone but myself, stripping the "Old Media" (who were the authors of the Vietnam debacle) down to its ideological skivvies is satisfaction enough and the long-overdue "outing" of Walter Cronkite et al is underway.

As to immediate gratification? The Vietnam Veterans Legacy Foundation sure seems made to order.
GM Strong
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Honor of the the Viet Nam Era Vets is in ourselves. The dishonor is in the Leftist Liberals and the MSM. When we defend our troops serving today we defend all and preserve the honor of all, dick bin Durbin and his dishonored bands of hacks notwithstanding.
Deuce
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 1:26 am    Post subject: Re: We must restore the honor of the Vietnam Era Veterans Reply with quote

[quote="coldwarvet"]... I thought perhaps with the Kerry nomination that the truth might finally be told about the contributions made by those who served in Vietnam. I thought the truth might be told of how much life was lost and displaced because of our failure to stand up to the political pressure of the time. The Kerry senate testimony of that time still stands. And people like my sister embrace the Kerry testimony as truth. Please add your insight on how we can best communicate to the American people the truth about our Vietnam Veterans.[/quote]

Yes it's unfathomable how your sister, my son, and 59 million other pawns of the Kremlin have been duped by the MSM (those who actually voted without guns to their heads for a certain Kremlin pawn Kerry)....step one is to begin converting those 59 million from anti-american to pro-american....easier said than done!

Deuce
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One day during the election this past fall it just came to me that there was a greater purpose, a higher meaning to Vietnam, and the experiences of the anti war movement than the Vets that suffered it could have known. You know what they say about God working in mysterious ways, and I think that those of the Vietnam generation went through what you did to be prepared to protect and assist the current generation fighting the fight of fights. Imagine what we would be dealing with if we had not learned what the liberal press can do to damage us. Now we recognize it immediately and speak out against it. Feel pride and comfort in knowing that you did not go through that emotional pain that you suffer in vain. The lessons learned will give us strength to not allow anything like that to happen again. Not to our children. Not to our country. Together we defeated Kerry, and we knew our enemy well. With your help and wisdom we are better prepared to protect our furture in a way you probably wouldn't have imagined. Again I thank you.
Ohio Voter
PO2

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 11:31 am    Post subject: Re: We must restore the honor of the Vietnam Era Veterans Reply with quote

The Vietnam vets have never lost honor with me and my family. All the dishonor is within the political liberal-leftists the media manages to find to stick a microphone in their face. I think the only way to get rid of that thorn in America's side is to stop supporting people who still harp on the dishonor of Vietnam, like Kerry, and start putting our support solidly behind real patriotic Americans. It has to become more politically popular to be patriotic than to be like Dean, Durbin, Kennedy, Boxer and all the others that keep bringing disrespect to any troop that is serving now or in the past.

I am old enough to have been paying attention when Vietnam was going on and seeing the radicals protesting here. I observed all the media about Fonda and [whats his name] she was married to for a while. The left sickened me at that time and they still do only now they are mainstream Democrats that got elected.

coldwarvet wrote:
How can we best protect this generation of troops? I have spent countless hours pondering this question, and the answer I continue to come back to is that without restoring the honor of our Vietnam Veterans their will be little or no honor for this generation of troops. If we are to learn from history, we first must have an honest accounting of history. I thought perhaps with the Kerry nomination that the truth might finally be told about the contributions made by those who served in Vietnam. I thought the truth might be told of how much life was lost and displaced because of our failure to stand up to the political pressure of the time. The Kerry senate testimony of that time still stands. And people like my sister embrace the Kerry testimony as truth. Please add your insight on how we can best communicate to the American people the truth about our Vietnam Veterans.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: