SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Letters to Leaders - Turban Durbin Page

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Essayons
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 2:43 pm    Post subject: Letters to Leaders - Turban Durbin Page Reply with quote

Just thought it would be of interest to a few. At one point it was 9 to 1 letters against Durbin's gulag comments.

Some of the commentary is well spiced with naughty words such as this relatively mild header: "YOUR A SICK BASTARD & A TRAITOR!"

Hmmm. Even that may not make it by the naughty word filter.

Regards,
Dick
Essayons
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duh! Forgot to post the address.

http://www.congress.org/congressorg/bio/userletter/?id=210&letter_id=365275816

Regards,
Dick
PhantomSgt
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take the High Road when you write your letters folks and don't get down in the gutter with the Dems.

I've decided to oppose Senator Durbin with my wallet and I will support his Republican opponent in the next election. If every PO'd American sends in 5, 10, 25, 50 or a 100 bucks to his opponent we will bury the SOB for good.

Cool Cool Cool

Independent that leans right of center.
Deuce
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PhantomSgt wrote:
Take the High Road when you write your letters folks and don't get down in the gutter with the Dems.

I've decided to oppose Senator Durbin with my wallet and I will support his Republican opponent in the next election. If every PO'd American sends in 5, 10, 25, 50 or a 100 bucks to his opponent we will bury the SOB for good. Cool Cool Cool

Brilliant....that should be fairly easy, since Durbin has no way to be contacted outside of a phone number in DC :
Specificly, so far, No Chicago Phone Number (at least not in the Chicago Blue pages or white pages),
His senate web site gives the following contact info in Chicago:
Contact Information for Sen. Durbin's office

Chicago
230 South Dearborn St.
Suite 3892
Chicago, IL 60604
(312) 353-4952
(312) 353-0150 - fax

I left a message on the voicemail you get when you call....haven't yet tried the fax....
He must be someone's pawn, since he's so hard to get ahold of !

as to the congress.org website, though, looks a lot like moveon.org when you get past the durbin letter. whatsaytu essayons?

Deuce
USAFE5
PO2

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do we have a name for the Republican who will be running against this POS Durbin? I will send ten bucks and if all swifties do the same the dems won't be able to match the war chest.
I also will be putting as much as I can into the Republican camp here in Lost Wages Nevada so we can get a candidate to wipe dingy harry out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: