SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Geraghty on Klein: Swiftvet's it ain't

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 1:53 pm    Post subject: Geraghty on Klein: Swiftvet's it ain't Reply with quote

From Jim Geraghty's "KerrySpot"....

Quote:
NOW THAT IS A TOUGH REVIEW
06/22

John Podhoretz is my hero. His take on the Ed Klein book about Hillary Clinton:

This is one of the most sordid volumes I've ever waded through. Thirty pages into it, I wanted to take a shower. Sixty pages into it, I wanted to be decontaminated. And 200 pages into it, I wanted someone to drive stakes through my eyes so I wouldn't have to suffer through another word.
So that's a thumbs down, right?

I can't believe some loons thought Kathryn was too tough on Klein in her interview. The guy is throwing around poorly-sourced crap. If you're going to throw around nitroglycerin like the rape tale, you had better have some darn solid evidence. No matter what anybody thinks of her parents, Chelsea Clinton deserves better.

I can't believe anyone compared this book to "Unfit for Command" - the Swifties had dozens of witnesses, and odd contradictions in Kerry's stories over the years, and Christmas in Cambodia, and Kerry's testimony before the Senate, and a veritable mountain of evidence compared to Klein's stuff. Kitty Kelley is the better comparison.

Folks, there are plenty of arguments against Hillary Clinton, her policies, her views, her proposals, and her philosophies. This stuff ain't it. Nobody on the right, left, or center ought to stoop to this level.

TKS - National Review Online
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently, Mr. Klein has a different opinion on "Unfit For Command." One must wonder if he's even read it... (emphasis mine)

Quote:
The (Questionable) Truth About Hillary
BY MYRNA BLYTH
June 22, 2005

It is the book of the week. Edward Klein's much buzzed-about biography of Hillary Clinton was published on Tuesday. Currently bounding up best-seller lists - it was no. 4 on Amazon the last time I looked - the book had a first printing of 350,000 copies. "The Truth About Hillary: What She Knew, When She Knew It, and How Far She'll Go To Become President" (Sentinel, 336 pages, $24.95) has been touted as being so packed with unseemly disclosures that it could derail Senator Clinton's possible bid for the presidency.

Published by Sentinel, the conservative imprint of the Penguin Group, the biography has been compared to "Unfit for Command," the tome written by a group of Vietnam Swift Boat veterans that many acknowledge seriously hurt John Kerry's presidential campaign. Mr. Klein, a former managing editor of the New York Times Magazine and "a registered independent" who has written three books about Jackie Kennedy and one called "The Kennedy Curse" (all were best sellers), admits that there are some similarities.

"The Swift Boat book was about character," he said. "'The Truth About Hillary' is also a book about character, a tough but fair look at Hillary Clinton's character as it became obvious through her actions over the course of her life." Unlike the authors of the Swift Boat book, however, Mr. Klein said, "I am an experienced journalist. I know how to check my sources. Everything in this book will stand up."

NY Sun - cont'd

"I am an experienced journalist"? And that, these days, is an accolade?
GM Strong
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Clintons are sordid. You may not like or believe the salacious content is pertinenet, but think about this. Why? The Clintons have brought it upon themselves. Hillary's hacks as in "Sid Vicious" Blumenthal and Lanny Davis are nothing but personal attack dogs. 1000 FBI files says something. The Republican mainstream may not approve or think this is proper, but the people who are bring this up are not them. Hillary is hated and these are who it is. It is what it is, and like it or not, who is the Red Queen to be whining when she is the brunt of her own tactics? This is the Clinton legacy and nothing more or less.

Personally I am not interested in any more Clinton scandals or prurient tales and have no interest in the book, but as far as her compliants go, TS.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: